serge09

Feng Shui - Layout question to an Expert

Sergia Salce
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Below a layout of my porch, entry with stairs, living room and outdoor terrace. As this was already developed by someone with Feng Shui knowledge, need someone that could corroborate if this furniture layout is OK according to Feng Shui principles. Appreciate Feng Shui expert collaboration. Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)

• Carol Singletary
    9 years ago
    I can't make the image enlarge, and it is too hard to see in such a small image.
    However, for feng shui, you want to enhance flow, with no sharp edges protruding into spaces that can cut/slice the energy. Don't have large pieces of furniture blocking the entrance (say, the back of a couch as you come in the front door) and you want to make sure the energy in the room can move around, circulate, flow and not go straight in the front door and out the back.

And of course, make sure you have a mix of all the elements represented.

But, as I said, the image does not allow me to evaluate your planned arrangement.
  • hayleydaniels
    9 years ago

Yep. It works.

• PRO
    Kim Colwell Design
    9 years ago

Hi Serge, I am an interior designer, second generation feng shui master and partner at the Shambhalla Institute. Your furniture layout is not ideal to feng shui principals, but it could be resolved by opening up the sofa on the side of door by taking off the arm on that style. This will shift the flow a bit.

Energy moves clockwise around the us. For that reason it is good to have the flow of chi (Qi) moving clockwise as well. The next step is to look at your reflected ceiling plan to see if you can do a drop down light over the seating that will pull the eye and thus energy correctly.

I do plan evaluations where we can spend more time on this by phone or feel free to contact me for more clarification.

Good luck with your project! It looks like it will be a wonderful space!
    Kim