onyinyechi

about building my own home,what is d actual dimension of a kitchen cunter top and an island.including d height

Juliet Orji
11 years ago
i want to know d normal height and width of a kitchen counter,an island and bath counter

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    Kitchen counter height is usually 36 inches and 24 inches deep. Bath counters are usually shallower and lower.
  • Juliet Orji
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    thank u very much mr Dytecture u are so kind but can u pls give me d dimension 4 d bath counter
  • PRO
    Beautiful Space Co
    11 years ago
    Hi onyinyechi,

In answer to your question, the average dimension for a kitchen countertop is 25.75" deep x 1.5" thick (Laminated edge) The average kitchen counter height is 36" with the cabinetry being around 24". (Plus the thickness of the door)

Island counters and cabinetry can function well at the same 36" height, or 30" or 42" depending on how they are used most frequently. (30" is an ideal table sitting height along with a comfortable set up for frequent baking/kneading, and 42" is most comfortable for a typical bar height.

For almost every bathroom we've remodeled (at least over the past 15 years or so), the client has also wanted the bathroom vanity to also be 36" high, as it is more ergonomic. Some exceptions to that are where there is a sitting area (for make-up etc) and that is typically 30" high, or when a tall vessel sink is used, which can also sit comfortably on a 30" vanity. The standard vanity depth is 21" vs 24" for kitchen cabinets. The majority of stock and semi-custom cabinetry follow these sizes.

~ Steve