ajpdla

Any comments on Home Depot installed windows?

16 years ago

Wife and I just met with a rep from their store and wanted to know if anyone had anything good/bad/indifferent to say about the quality of the work performed, or whatnot.

Forgive if an inappropriate question for the forum; but we aren't going to spend 21K on anything without doing a bit of research first.

We're looking at replacing metal windows with vinyls and these would be going into a home with vinyl siding. The metal wrap is in existence around the existing windows, which are not original to the house, and I was told by the rep that they basically install the windows in place of what was already there and he couldn't give me a good idea of what the end result would look like once the old storm windows and old metal windows were removed. He said they try to install these new vinyls as close to the outside of the casement as possible. I just want to know what I would be left with for looks once this is done, the condition of the casement and the room on the inside for hanging of blinds on the inside once completed.

Most importantly, though, we want to know historical data about the company's abilities in this area as well as the satisfaction, or lack thereof, of the work performed.

Thanks.

Aaron

Comments (67)

Sponsored