shaleenjain

House plan

shaleenjain
11 years ago
Planning to build a new house on the plot size of 52 feet by 120 feet !! Can u plz suggest some good plans or ideas !!

Comments (17)

• tsudhonimh
    11 years ago
    Search Google for "long skinny house plans" or "narrow lot house plans". They are all over.

The think to find out is what is the setback? How much of that 52 feet can you use for the house?

Also, dose your climate let you stay outdoors most of the year? If it does, using small patios and courtyards to break up the house is a god idea.
  • PRO
    Adrian Ramsay Design House
    11 years ago
    hi, a lot will be determined by the required set backs that you are zoned for, and how many stories high you choose to go, look at Japanese designs as many are for small tight blocks,
    weather and location and surrounding houses will have a large effect on what you do as well
    for some real comments list some of these elements and designers will be able to lead you better,
    good luck
    cheers adrian

adrian ramsay design house
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    11 years ago
    Also what style of house are you looking for? is this an urban or suburb lot?
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Well, I am from India. The plot is south west facing. Urban area. Both the sides of the plot are vacant lands. The back of the plot Is also a vacant land. But in due course I think there will be a house construction on the back of the plot. The right side of the plot is also ours and is of the same size that is 52 feet by 120 feet which will be kept vacant. Frontage of the plot is 52 feet and is main road facing.
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Sorry the plot is southeast facing
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    And also we plan for 2 floors that Is ground floor and 1 floor
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    hey shaleen, there is a lot to consider, with vacant blocks either side, what area are you in? and whats the local planning zone allow for building?
    whats the climate and whats in the front and rear of your block of land? ie houses, parks trees, buildings.
    how many rooms do you want and whats your budget for building, do you want custom deign or do you want a project design?
    cheers adrian

adrian ramsay design house
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hey Adrian,

Nice too see your response again.

Well to answer ur questions I have drawn ona piece of paper of what looks like to be the location of my plot and its surroundings. I think. It will help you.

The plot is within the city limits.

Wwhat is allowed or not is not a matter of concern. But I want a front garden. We want 4 rooms out of which one is the guest room. We want a music room, a laundry, study, kitchen, dinning, lobby and drawing and also a garage for 2 cars. W can go upto one more floor. As for the climate in summers it can go upto 47 degree Celsius and ink winters it can go upto -5 degree Celsius. Both are for equal duration.

I am looking out for a nice and impressive work. As far as the budget is concerned. Can't explain it exactly but as everyone else we wold like to keep expenses as low as possible without compromising the quality.

Shaleen
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Oh sry also require a servant quarter !!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    hi shaleen,
    just a quick question,
    can you build boundary to boundary on your block? and if yes is there a restriction to materials on these walls , ie if it is built on the boundary you often have to use fire proof materials ie concrete
    can you give me a google maps location and i will look at the site?
    servant requires what bed room and bathroom?
    cheers adrian
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hi Adrain,

Again thanks for showing interest in my post.

I have highlighted my plot on a piece of paper. There are two parts marked as L and R. As I told u earlier i am making on half of the plot size available to me. Either I can make on L or I can make it on R. There are no such restrictions on material to be used but in India we don't used wood to make outer walls. General practice here is to use bricks and cement. I am adding to photographs one is a piece of paper highlighting my part of plot and the other is the google map pic. I cuing highlight in tht but I have marked it with red my side of plot. If u can compare both the pics u might be able to figure out the whole idea of the place. As far as the servant room is concerned it is a small room with kitchen and sedate bathroom attacked to the room. It's generally very small and have no access to the main house.
    To give u an example the servant room may be of the size 10 feet by 15 feet which includes a small kitchen and bathroom including the room too.

Shaleen
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hi Adrian,

Thanks once again in showing interest in my post.

For your questions we can build boundary to boundary. Ad as far as the restrictions are concerned we don't use wood to make he outer or inner walls. General practice here is to make the house of bricks and cement. I am attaching two pics one is highlighting the area of my plot in red. There are two parts of my plot L and R as shown in the pic. And I can make house on either side. I am also attaching a pic of google maps in which a red marker is put in the middle of my plot. As far as the servant room is concerned it comprises of a small bedroom generally for one person, a small kitchen and a bathroom. To give u an idea it usually is of the size 10 feet by 15 feet which includes all the three things. Servant room is to be kept separate not allowing him or her access to the main house.

If u put both the pics together u might be able to have a idea about the surroundings not my plot and about its location.

I hope u find it useful. Cheers !!

Shaleen jain
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    ok cool, looks like you would do 2 stories, put beds up and living down as well as servants area, and front garden any other outdoor areas? if yes what would you use them for?and what will you use front garden for?
    re servants access would this be from the rear of the property or the front same as yours?
    cheers adrian
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hey Adrian,

Sry got stuck some where so wasn't able to reply to your post.

We were thinking to take the master bedroom and the guest bedroom downstairs and leave two rooms for upstairs. The servant entry wold be from the front of the property like ours.
    The garden in the front is for sitting and relaxing and also for hosting a party.

Well I think tht will wrap up with all the details required, just out of curiosity are you designing something or how is this going to work ?

Waiting for your reply, cheers

Shaleen jain
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Hey Adrian,

I am eagerly waiting for my plan !!

CHEERS

Shaleen jain
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    hey Shaleen, sorry somewhere i missed that last message, ive been super busy
    ill draw you a sketch over the next week,
    2 stories, boundary to boundary design on sides
    master and guest and servant downstairs as well as living?or living up? and two other beds up all so?
    whats your email and ill email you a list of questions re bathrooms bedrooms etc
    mine is ar@ardesignhouse.com

cheers adrian
  • shaleenjain
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    H Adrian,

Hope u r doing good.

My email Id is shaleen.jss@live.co.uk

Plz forward me ur questions I would be more than happy to reply.

Thanks and cheers,

Shaleen jain