shakerww

Chiropractic office

shakerww
10 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have a small boutique chiropractic clinic focused on women's care. My office doesn't feel quite feminine enough. My colors of my logo are pink, teal, and grey. Any ideas about creating a classy environment without spending thousands of dollars in upgrades? Thanks!

Comments (49)

• hanna1984
    10 years ago
    Can you post more pictures?
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Agree many more pictures from all angles.

Maybe wallpaper on the lower portion of the wall?

The one art piece is all alone and hung too high. Maybe a gallery wall. Maybe art can have women as the focus.
  • saratogaswizzlestick
    10 years ago
    Light grey walls. Pink and teal pictures. Hang current picture lower.
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Nicer chairs? Here is some art centered around women, but I am thinking more centered on the curves of a woman's back, not so much fashion!

Actually, you could head for a college and find an art student or two taking a figure drawing class.. Simple etchings of womens' bodies. (I have three of these simple canvases in our bedroom from my son's days as a art student.)
    Hollingsworth Park · More Info
    shakerww thanked pcmom1
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    10 years ago
    Your colors are pink, teal and gray, yet none are in your decor.

"Mule Deer And Pink Lady" Artwork · More Info

GDF Studio Alexander Leather Dining Chairs, Set of 2, Teal Blue · More Info

Coming and Going Coat Rack · More Info
  • laurakdesigns
    10 years ago
    I would think you want state of the art ergonomic seating! My chiro has very comfy chairs, space for lots of magazines, pillows on each chair for support, fountain, etc. it's a very relaxing atmosphere...people really don't mind waiting!
  • kathleen MK
    10 years ago
    Your interior and logo don't have match. I think a lot of pink and gray may not work well with the rusty floor and chair colors but teal would. Maybe a darker or mid tone below the chair rail and a very pale shade above. Instead bright white trim use a charcoal grey. A slate table top fountain in the corner instead of the coat tree. I like the idea of figure drawings.instead of nudes and medical illustrations I remember from life drawing, I'd use close ups that become almost an abstract design. Maybe a Rubens or Renoir print cropped to show just the curve of a back or shoulder. Or the back of an ancient Greek sculpture. The art could bring in your pink accents in these anatomy studies or just simple florals or landscapes that are relaxing. I would find comfy chairs that are a light grey or natural linen color. Add some life with plants. An orchid on the counter would have a spine like stem and bright color.
  • PRO
    Soothing Company
    10 years ago
    You could add a wall fountain, most of our clients are Doctors placing them in their waiting room....

http://www.soothingwalls.com/wall-fountains.html
    shakerww thanked Soothing Company
  • shakerww
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you! I will add some photos of my office tomorrow. I love the ideas!
  • PRO
    Lori Dennis, Inc.
    10 years ago
    Upgrade with some great chairs from Craigslist.
  • Vanessa Anderson
    10 years ago
    Hi! I'm a chiropractor also but one who loves to decorate!! My patients love color! If you can paint I'd add some color to the office! I like happy patients and cheerful colors set the mood for cheerful patients!! I think the maroon chairs would be fine with different paint! Grey with some lavender! If your catering to women! I have bright greens and it really knocks your socks off!!
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    I read a book on color once. Said the most calming of colors is pink.
    Cambridge Residence · More Info
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    10 years ago
    Some art ideas for you, based on the colors you mentioned. And you can check out our page for more. Enjoy!... Raisa
    Links by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg - canvas art, art print, giclee · More Info

Water And Ice - Blue Splash, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info

Painted By Water And Light, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info

Joy - Rose, by Ben & Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info

New Era, by Ben & Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info

Theater, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
  • shakerww
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi everyone. This is the rest of my space. It is quite small and is temporary, so that is the reason for not wanting to place too much money into it. I would love any ideas!
  • shakerww
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    More pics
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Still not sure of the layout (I may be dense!). Can you do a drawing with dimensions and post a picture of that?

I see the wall with the three chairs that leads to the adjustment room. But what is on the adjoining wall? Can seating go there?

See two double doors. Are those the doors to the office?

How many people wait at any one time? Just one or two? If so, how about a round table in the corner with two nicer chairs, one on each side.
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    For art, I shop a lot at furniture consignment stores, just have to wade thru the junk for the treasure! Sometimes even just look at the frames with the idea of using them for an arrangement.

Here is a photo with some ideas for you:

Most wallpaper is easily removable now. You could add a simple paper to the bottom section of the wall in the waiting area.

Then you could mount more of the same paper in the adjustment area to tie them together (see photo).

Replace three chairs with a slim small sofa. Add a bamboo shade (Target, Home Depot) to the window area between the sitting and adjusting areas. Add a shade to the ceiling fixture (post picture so we see what you are working with).
    Adria · More Info
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    The little table in front of the receptionist's office is in the way of the patient getting to the window. The magazines on the bottom shelf would seem to me to be too low for a person suffering from back problems to reach down to pick up. Paint that table a creamy white and find another spot for it. Put a decorative object on that bottom shelf (not fake flowers - no fake flowers anywhere!) in a color not used in the room just to break up the colors chosen for the logo.
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    Sit in all the chairs and turn and twist like a patient would who is looking at art on the wall, choosing a magazine or watching the door to be called back. That should help you with the height of tables and chairs. I LOVE the idea of a wall mounted water feature. You can taken it with you to your next location.
  • jen046
    10 years ago
    I doesn't appear you are using the reception window. If so, maybe hang a large painting over it and keep the screen on the other side.
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    art.com and greatbigcanvas.com have framed and canvases in all genres. canvaspop.com will make a canvas of a photo you have taken. I have purchased a framed piece from art.com and my husband had a canvas made from a photo he took of a tree in a field. We are both very pleased with how they turned out.
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    Ikea.
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Groveraxle,
    Wish I knew how to use Photoshop (?). You always work magic!
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    If you covered the reception area window with an opaque film, the waiting area would be a lot brighter. Brighter as long as the screen were moved elsewhere to let the light thru!
    Example of window film:
    Contemporary Living Room · More Info

A custom made stained glass panel hanging there would also be wonderful.
    SanFranVic · More Info
  • PRO
    Custom Home Planning Center
    10 years ago
    more fresh flowers - change about every 4 days
  • shakerww
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hanna1984...I can't believe that I didn't think about bending to get those magazines!
  • User
    10 years ago
    1. Get some kind of wall unit for the treatment room in which you can store the radio, the trash can, the pink ball, the hamper. It looks like a college dorm the way it is with scattered things on the floor.

2. Move the waiting room chairs apart from each other a little more. No one wants to sit right on top of the other waiting patients. I see this in waiting rooms all the time. If you have room, and you do, give people some breathing room.

3. Remove, or move, the green table in front of the glass window. Right now you have three barriers: glass windows, rattan screen, and green table. That's not very welcoming. If you're actually not using the space as a reception area, paint the glass an opaque color or drywall over it.
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    I real plant (Home Depot, Costco) would add freshness if added to the corner of the adjustment room.
    Traditional Living Room · More Info
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Magazine storage idea. Elevating even more, the better. And, please change out those magazines frequently!
    Home Office · More Info

Enchanted Storybook · More Info
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    I agree about changing out the magazines frequently! I can't tell you how many times I see the same magazine in a waiting room for a year! Subscribe to 4 different magazines and have them come to the office. :)
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Good idea. And if guys ever come with their gals, something for them also (Time, etc).
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    This is important to me now matter what doctor I see for whatever reason - I want maximum privacy. No open back gowns, no talking in a loud voice to your assistants for other patients to overhear and always cleanliness, cleanliness, cleanliness!
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    Didn't think about the guys! :)
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    I go see my GP and all that is there are old hunting and fishing magazines!
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    10 years ago
    Hi, Two cents more!..........................Inexpensive shutters to fill the wall opening. Paint the walls in light Gray. Keep the trim as is and use a deeper Gray under the chair rail. A single tall artificial orchid (Pink, White and Green) on the table. A love seat or pair of small chairs with a small round table between. If you can, add a small table (console) to the adjustment room to function as a writing desk with a chair beside it.
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    10 years ago
    I would like instead science mag's. I'm so tired of girly magazines when visiting dentist. Solution = bring my own book or magazine to read when an appointment is made, But, in an emergency i'm left solely to hospitals stock supply of girly mag's while in waiting room.
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Poster, as you make the changes/ additions, please post us pictures!
  • Curt D'Onofrio
    10 years ago
    @hanna1984 (privacy issues) : Yes yes yes!!!
  • moggie73
    10 years ago
    I agree with so many of your advisers, especially Jeffrey Brooks idea of adding shutters to the receptionist window. Currently, it appears your clients do not have much privacy while having a treatment.
    Please do separate the chairs - two on one wall with a small table in-between. The third chair on the back wall with another table / magazine rack or floating shelf.
    Yes, do lower the art and add more. (posters, framed art from calendars, etc. are inexpensive.)
    A thrift store buffet or credenza (painted a soft color) in the treatment room would be nice.
    Also, what are your clients see when they are receiving treatment?
    Do you have a space for their handbags?
    Best to you and your growing practice.
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    10 years ago
    ............something a chiropractor I know has on his ceiling (!) is a photo print of Paris at night!
  • PRO
    David Lalush Photography
    10 years ago
    A large acrylic mounted photo would look great in a space like that: http://www.lalush.com/cprints/
  • shakerww
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Hi everyone! I made some changes that have gotten great results. I have a sign that is being ordered, and I do plan to lower the painting. Can I get some feedback on the upgrades from all of you also? Thanks so much!
  • groveraxle
    10 years ago
    The blinds are great. So is the magazine rack. In the waiting area, the plant on the table intimidates the chair and anyone in it. I would put it on the floor. Try the table on the other wall instead of the middle chair and lose that fourth chair if you can. Love the rug.
  • hanna1984
    10 years ago
    grover nailed it. Gives those suggestions a try and post more pics!
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Try switching the coat rack with the table with the plant. That way clients will see something nice as they enter.
    Do you need all four chairs? I would take one away and separate the others, even just a few inches. Strangers need a little more personal space.
    Blinds are great, but I would also add privacy film to the reception window so blinds can stay open and allow more light into the waiting area.
    Love the area rug, really warms up the space. And the magazine placement is much better!
    Add another rug under the adjustment table.
  • PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    10 years ago
    Add this Accurio Lattice Chinese II from Home Depot to use as wainscoting. If teal is a color in your logo, paint wall below chair rail teal and put the lattice over it. Not only does it give a color pop and great style, it will help protect wall.

Here are some pics from a mag
  • moggie73
    10 years ago
    shakkerww, I think I finally figured out your floor plan, Duh, I am slow. The clients enter from the door by the coat rack?
    The pic of the desk is not in the reception area, but on the other side of the window in the treatment room or office area? Still agree the chairs need to be separated for personal space, as I and others mentioned. If you really do not need the fourth chair, perhaps move it to the treatment room. When my hubby needs a treatment, he typical prefers to stand, as sitting is so painful. You are making a lot of progress!
  • pcmom1
    10 years ago
    Decided I really like the coat rack where it is, but I would get a different table for the plant in the waiting room. Something more like this, click to enlarge:
    Seagrove, FL · More Info

long shore home · More Info

Brookline Residence · More Info