hzdeleted_5256348

Need help

User
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
looking for suggestions on how to arrange my Living room.

Comments (39)

• Emily H
    10 years ago
    I would love to see large rug in there to ground all the furniture.
    User thanked Emily H
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    We can't make suggestions for furniture placement without seeing the entire room. Great looking space though!
    User thanked Darzy
  • Related Discussions

Need help in designing my small bath room . I need a bath tub ,toilet , and wash basin.

Q

Comments (3)
    Something like this may work. Note the changed door positions so that anyone in the bedrooms can visit the bathroom without disturbing anyone else in the lounge !
    ...See More

need help with my living area,plz help .

Q

Comments (5)
    I agree with eztia - you need to give a raison d'etre to your room and pale gold from the upholstery will tie in with the room and contrast against the candy pink wall. If you could find a discreet candy pink and pale gold curtain you would have hit the jackpot!
    ...See More

Hi, I need help. My sofa is a bit unusual in colour, I need an urgent

Q

Comments (13)
    I think the yellow and grey might bring out the gold-ish-ness of the couch.. I'd try to go with more blue colors.. Maybe some navy pillows and a rug with the blue in it as well. The curtains, that ying-yang rug, and the lilac rug just gotta go.. They're dwarfing all the sophistication this room will be able to have with that tile floor and those big beautiful windows. I love the dining room chairs!
    ...See More

i need help to make it beautiful.my living area is very small plz help

Q

Comments (5)
    You've got a great space here, and there's so much you can do with it! Do you know what style you're looking to achieve? If you've already got a red and white colour scheme going in your kitchen, you can always opt for this in the living room. Sometimes grey can make the room look a little dark, so it's always worth investing in a white base, and build from there. Maybe change the colour of the curtains to something a little lighter and richer?
    ...See More
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    what color Rug would you suggest?
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Darzy I will post some more pictures shortly
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    You have very nice pieces. I think you'll get lots of good suggestions. I'd start by removing the chairs that look like dining room chairs. I'd only pull them into the room when needed for large gatherings. Then, pull the furniture away from the walls and have the large pieces relate to each other, either directly across from one another (with the coffee table in between) or at right angles forming a grouping. Then once the arrangement is figured out, a rug as Emily suggested. More pictures would be helpful.
    User thanked Ann
  • sunnydrew
    10 years ago
    It seems as though the room is much longer than it is wide. Have you tried 2 conversation areas with the couches mixed with the chairs back to back? It looks like you have plenty of options with all your extra chairs. As Ann said, if you take out all the smaller chairs and post a few more pix it will help us see the room. I love your cream and black theme. All of the furniture pushed against the walls is not the best way to go.
    User thanked sunnydrew
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Some more pictures
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    I have done some rearranging but I'm just not real sure on the way it looks???
  • toonia
    10 years ago
    Your house and furniture is beautiful!!! I agree with Emily on a large rug, maybe lighter background like the furniture but with a strong pattern?
    User thanked toonia
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    cream rug with black pattern or???
  • toonia
    10 years ago
    These two were the first I found. The shag one doesn't have a pattern, but looks like it would work quite nicely. Personally I love the other one.
  • PRO
    Marc Russell Interiors
    10 years ago
    Getting back to the original question! Room looks like it can take a bold patterned rug. If you do that, I would swap out the cocktail for one without a wooden bottom, as to not disturb the eye when glancing across the room. Good luck!
    User thanked Marc Russell Interiors
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Excellent these are the types of critical comments I am looking for. Any suggestions on what style/color for the Head chairs?
  • User
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Do you think the Mirror would look better hung horizontal ?
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    I would try the sofa on the mirror wall and the loveseat at an "L" to the sofa on the long wall. The chair opposite the loveseat. Then, your accent chair at the left of the chair, floating at an angle facing the conversation area. Agree to move the mirror on the other wall (which will be next to the loveseat facing the window). Then, the tapestry above the sofa. The bookcase needs to move, but I'd try this arrangement before moving the mirror and bookcase. Your rug is pretty nice size after pulling it out from under the sofa.
  • PRO
    Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
    10 years ago
    Remove the bookcase in the corner of the room and you are balanced!
  • PRO
    Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
    10 years ago
    You had better cover your windows with shades so you don't get any fading!! Hunter Douglas Silhouettes- 4" or Pirouettes would be beautiful in white!
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    I agree with Darzy, rug is pretty nice. I think you have very nice things and probably just tweaking the arrangement will make it all work very well. This is a fun discussion. You might end up with the perfect room without spending a dime. Are you willing to try Darzy's suggestions and then post more pictures?
  • User
    10 years ago
    The coat rack is not really working for me. Is that negociable? I like to start slow and easy ;)
  • Darzy
    10 years ago
    Margo...I was going to mention the coat rack too. The space is too elegant to hang your clothes in it.
  • User
    10 years ago
    That was the first thing that caught my eye. The next was the dining chairs in the living area;)
  • girlscout
    10 years ago
    Great room, great furniture. Use the large window as your focal point. Line the sofas directly across from one another perpendicular to the window. Place the larger chairs within this grouping. Add the coffee table and then a rug to anchor this area. Next set up a smaller reading nook or quiet conversation area in one of the corners of your room. A desk or a game table might also work. Plantation wood blinds warm the space up and help you to control light and privacy.com incorporate easy side panels to soften the look. Use a beautiful designer fabric that will pull everything together and give you new options for color. Good luck and have fun!
  • PRO
    moinmemphis
    10 years ago
    Beautiful home. I abhor 3 pc furniture sets. Yes, hang the mirror horizontal to mimic the length of the window. Too many chairs in there. Add pillows.
  • PRO
    La Roche Architecture Inc.
    10 years ago
    It looks like a consignment store, take it back down to basics and bring in some warm colors - maybe artwork rugs or something's that are more personal instead of the obvious.this is a showroom not a place that people live in
  • PRO
    Carmel Decor
    10 years ago
    I agree with Darzy on the floor plan. After figuring out the furniture arrangement try accessorizing with items that reflect your personality, and certainly accessories that bring color to the space. Like a beautiful rug, lanterns, art work and decorative objects.
  • Laurie
    10 years ago
    Like what changes you have done so far! Try pulling the matching upholstered chair and that large mirror out of the room for now. Then consider this: flip the 3-cushion sofa over to where you currently have the 2-seated and black wood armchair. Hang your artwork on wall where mirror currently sits. Eventually maybe put a console under artwork with table lamps on either end to give more cozy lighting to that end of the room. Place one of your existing round end tables (or something larger if you have it) between the two seater and angle the black wood chair beside it, facing into your new conversation area. Slide your bookshelf down the wall, centered on your windows across from conversation area.

Is that your front door, btw, in between dining and LR areas? also not sure what that area is just in front of you as you enter thru the door, is it a bar of some sort? My thought in questioning that...if you wanted to make a more functional entry, perhaps wall in that bar area and turn it into a coat closet, then as you enter the house you would also have a solid wall facing you, where you could place a foyer chest or console, mirror, lamp etc. Just a thought. We live in the cold Midwest where we need room for ourselves and visitors to donn coats hats boots and gloves! And then room to stow it all away too. Maybe you are luckier, though, and live in warmer climes where all that is not necessary? If so, keep as is. My husband, I know, would LOVE to have a bar that size in our house! More than one way to stay to warm in these cold Chicago winters! LOL!!
  • Jennifer Abbott
    10 years ago
    Try the "L" arrangement Darzy suggested. I'm not sure about the chairs though. More suggestions will come in as you post some photos. Get some of those moving discs to put under your furniture this weekend in order to make the job easier :) Once you start posting photos of your changes, suggestions for moving things around more will come in fast and furious.
  • Jennifer Abbott
    10 years ago
    What about a larger area rug? Overstock has a sale this weekend.
  • sunshine74 w
    10 years ago
    Are these couches from Raymore and Flanagan? I am thinking of purchasing the same ones.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Why so much Furn? . Looks over done. Remove 2 sofas. Put two smaller chairs on either side of floor mirror. Remove bookcase. The room is too cluttered.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Out tall plant stand in that corner after bookcase is gone. Remove other chairs. And put end table with lamp next tp sofa. Remove wall hanging. Silver bowl put on coffee table. Fill with green apples.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    A bigger area rug 8 x10 in front of sofas that will face each other.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Is there still plastic on lamp shade? Add items on coffee table now to end table. Just one thing silver bowl. Move Sofas dn so more centered on wall. Add wal hanging over sofa centered. And hang so 6-7" above top of sofa. If too long don't use should not go more than 5" from under moulding.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Center sofa in window. Table with lamp can it go on wall by window? Or too long? Add black velvet panels to ends of window on a black wood rid.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Your other chairs look like dining room chairs. Use them there.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Rug in the black and grays. Keep it simple it's a busy formal room.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    Thought I saw 4 sofas but one was a chair. Don't really like matchy furn. Like to mix it up more. Just lose some dining room chairs and try different looks. Nice room otherwise.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    10 years ago
    The rug above with gold and cream would work.