splats

What To Do With The Back Fence

splats
last month
last modified: last month

The pic shows ourbamboo back fense behind the pool. You can see the neighbors house on the other side of the fense. There used to be an overgrown out of control ficus mess along that fence I'm at a complete loss. We want to increase privacy with something that will grow higher then fence; but also want this back fence area to look nice because it kind of frames the pool. Would love any ideas. PS: we're in South Florida

I guess I should have explained this better, The fence is brand new, its carbonized bamboo attached to a 3 foot pre-existing chain link fence. The back yard was bordered on three sides by a huge ficus hedge. At one time it was probably nice but when we purchased 4 years ago it was already old, overgrown, massive and a mess. Money is an issue. We cannot afford an actual wood fence. I have been slowly removing the ficus and now have it gone from two sides, getting ready to do the third side. We are doing all the labor ourselves. We have been thinking a Clusia Hedge is probably what we should do, but I'm having second thoughts, and thinking something like palms, banana plants, etc like Sammie J suggested below.

Comments (11)

Sponsored