ack7777ack

shower curb

Anne K
last year
Can anyone tell me if the shower curb design is recommended for function or is it just for looks? Thats because most shower curb pictures I've seen are built a few inches higher than the shower floor. That's the purpose of the curb isnt it? In this picture, the height of the shower curb and the shower floor are the same height. In that case, why not just have a curbless shower?
Modern Bohemian Remodel · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    KH Home Design and Furnishings
    last year

Hi there! I designed this shower. The shower curb is actually several inches off the floor in this design. The floor tile is wrapped up to the curb to conceal it a bit. The shadow you see on the left of the shower on the floor will showcase this. Additionally, the pattern to the left of the tub has more depth because it's vertical! Hope that clarifies. That being said, you can certainly have a curbless shower but I would recommend working with a professional designer as those have different requirements than a traditional curbed shower.

• Anne K
    Original Author
    last year

Wow! That's ingenious! I would never have thought that the bottom of the shower curb was several inches off the bathroom floor. Your tile guy did a really good job hiding this. I can't even figure out how you would wrap floor tile up to the curb since i didn't think that tile is wrappable. I love the choice of tiles, they go really well together.

• PRO
    KH Home Design and Furnishings
    last year

Thank you! Similar to any other tile, it was cut and grouted where the curb and shower meet. The tiles were just tragically cut to continue the pattern. If you look really closely, you can see a horizontal line running across where the grout is. Glad I could clarify!

Anne K thanked KH Home Design and Furnishings