midwestdesignenthusiast

Kousa or Emperor maple?

Hi there
I’m hoping you guys can help with making this decision here for the tree immediately in front of the red brick home .
I was initially thinking about Venus Kousa but Now debating on Emperor maple. There are no other red trees in the front . My front yard theme is mostly white and blue flowers .

Near the post box I will have seven son tree which has red caps at the end of fall.

In Ohio area Venus Kousa grows 12’ to 15’. It has gorgeous white blooms in May/June. But we worry about wide span of the canopy and the amount of pruning needed. And when it’s not blooming, that it may be a meh look.

With the maple, I am hesitant that it may be too much of red , given the red brick home. Thoughts? I’m buying the tree tomorrow , as the landscapers are going to be installing it within a day!

Thank you in advance

Comments (5)

• midwestdesignenthusiast
    Original Author
    17 days ago

Here are other visuals done quickly with a mood board tool

• midwestdesignenthusiast
    Original Author
    17 days ago

And the backyard is the Ohio woodlands. Informal, free form feel. So the backyard will need to influence the front to tie it all together.

• midwestdesignenthusiast
    Original Author
    17 days ago

An old backyard picture

• PRO
    TM Co. Designs
    14 days ago

The RED feels a bit awkward and satisfying as the building is also red.

• midwestdesignenthusiast
    Original Author
    10 days ago

Satisfying ? Please elaborate :-)