janetharris2010

Which electric radiator(s) for garden studio/ office?

Janet
2 years ago

Work is finally underway on our new garden building (hooray!) This will be timber framed, larch clad under a Norfolk tile roof and fully insulated. We want to have electric radiator (s) for heating, ideally controlled remotely. Our dilemmas - wattage? The room will be about 6mx3.5m; type? dry, oil filled?; one radiator or two? most cost effective solution? The build costs have spiralled, so we want to do this as economically as possible (but not just cheapest) Any advice, please?

Comments (5)

• Ricky Watkins
    2 years ago

Electric panel heaters will suit. They automatically come on if temperature drops to what ever settings you require. Why larch cladding too? Cost would you of preferred cedar?

• PRO
    The Living House
    2 years ago

Looks like an exciting project!

• siobhanmcgee90
    2 years ago

We have similar in our garden and opted for a small dyson which is fine for the space.

• PRO
    Eliza Gray Gardens
    2 years ago

I would look at underfloor - make sure it is insulated underneath and with a thermostat.

• Wumi
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I’m also in the middle of a garden office build and went for this brand:

https://www.electricradiatorsdirect.co.uk/ecostrad-allora-designer-electric-radiators/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyYHsjYKO9wIVR-3tCh2cCgBKEAAYASAAEgJI-vD_BwE

Electric radiators filled with thermoil, which retains heat even after it’s switched off. Haven’t installed yet, so can’t tell you how effective it is!

I’m also installing a single room heat recovery ventilation unit, as the room will be reasonably air tight and well insulated.