prabhjot_sharma12

Accent wall for a bedroom

Prabhjot Sharma
2 years ago

I am in process of renovating my bedroom with attached wardrobe all in one big rectangle room.
I'm delimma whether or not i should go for accent wall behind the bed which is currently painted as textured wall with brown colour.
Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Comments (28)

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    2 years ago

Prabhjot, 

Yes you can go for this an accent wall .what's the exact dilemma.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    CORNERSTONE DESIGNS Bangalore

Prabhjot Sharma thanked Cornerstone Design Studio India
  • Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

What kind of accent wall would look good in this?

I was thinking about color pattern like below but something simple. However, I am not sure if it would look good in a big room?

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Also , I was planning to go for sage green color as shown in below pic but in light shade. But Im a bit confused about whether to use a color pattern as shown in previus pic should something else would be more catchy , calm and simple.

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    2 years ago

Hi Prabhjot,

Happy Deepawali !

We need to understand the floor plan and various furniture coming in to help you with the wall colors/accent .

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi 

My apologies for delay response have been busy lately.

I don't have the exact floor plan but sharing the idea of what's gonna be in the room.

It's 30*10room in rectangle shape.

There's gonna be a bed and in front of its gonna be a led panel exactly shown in pic.

Then on left of bed there will be a wardrobe which has a bay window in front of it . Bay window will have a sety and storage cabinet s .

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I want to understand what colour s would be best for walls and what design should it be

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

Hi Prabhjot,

Since you already had orange earlier going for similar shades could be monotonous.

Subtle Green/blue shades would work good for your calm and simple requirement but the pattern in the picture is too asymmetrical to maintain that.

You could go for lesser horizontal division lines even if you like asymmetrical and modern designs

Sage green paired with bronze or silver battens would look good.

Shivani

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

White or redwood colour furniture will also pair well

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

Also since the wall Is quite long you can choose designs with more vertical divisions.

Apart from that colour more of a personal choice,but since your room has long rectangular proportions don't go for darker colour on long walls,That will make your room look shorter.

Hope it helps

Architecture student

Shivani Chandra

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

​Thanks , I was thinking the same that design in the pic is to assymetric so either I would like to go for whole wall in 1color or something in vertical.

Should I make accent wall behind bed or behind tv panel what would be best ?

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

Welcome,

The one opposite to your entrance door would look better.

The one you face when you enter.

But it would be better if you could give a rough layout of your room or a picture where you're planning your tv

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hmm so what colour should we for bedroom the one with orange color in pic .

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'll update the picture

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Brown wall will be behind bed and opposite will be the tv panel.

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

Okay

I feel the wall behind bed would look better as accent wall as the other wall already has bay window and tv panel.

Plain long wall with subtle colour and just metallic paint strips should look good. You can replicate that secondary metallic colour on your opposite wall(the one with tv) as Minimal framing around bay window / tv panel that shall help highlight.

Sage green with bronze/silver or white is a good choice

Other colour options can be-

Black and white accent with pop bright colours like yellow/orange etc. For cushions / curtains/ fabric.

Light Blue with white

Cream/light brown

Grey-Pink or Grey Blue

You can also bring vertical divisions through using two colours a dark and lighter shade of same colour.(one third dark shade and 2/3rd wall light shade vertically)In that case shades of blue,green,cream or magenta will look good.

I can add some references for your help.

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

Two colour use example

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That's great !! 

But I really like your idea about subtle colour with mettalic party nt strips and it's replica . Can you help me with  some example images

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

You can take the strips in setty

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

That looks great!! 
    With bay window I have sety and few cabinet s all around it.
    About the metallic paint strips ,are these like wall tape or a paint itself.

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

Hello,

They are available in both options.

Available as Metallic tapes,you can easily find them online.They are a cheaper option.

Else you can go for MDF or wooden battens that are painted with metallic colour paints.

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

The first two images are foil tape one (strips) while the other two have battens painted.

Battens can help you get some depth if you wish th

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Shivani Chandra from where can we get this wooden battens ? and is this DIY or do we need professional help ?

• Shivani Chandra
    2 years ago

You're welcome!
    Yes plain walls of same colour in light tones will look good or go for plain white walls and some subtle grey texture(very light).

These battens can be made by local carpenter by using wood or MDF board and then painted.You will easily get enough YouTube videos or try searching board and batten walls on Google to help you understand the process and time of making it.That way you can decide for whether DIY or with help.

In case you are from Delhi/ NCR ,drop me a text at archshivanichandra@gmail.com to contact for a free visit and help.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Shivani Chandra
    Architecture Intern

• PRO
    Shades By Shweta
    2 years ago

its a very persoanl choice accent wall may go out of style few months down

• Prabhjot Sharma
    Original Author
    2 years ago

So what do you suggest shweta

• PRO
    Shades By Shweta
    2 years ago

Either do accent wallpaper that u can change in few years or subtle paint with vibrant artwork