webuser_590667859

Accomodating Dishwasher

Anu K
3 years ago

I am helping my parents move into a new place. I want to fit a dishwasher (HxWxD): 84.5 x 60 x 60 cm in my kitchen with minimal disruption. What is the best way to do that? I was thinking of next to sinks in the kitchen, In the floor plan it shows dual sinks, but in reality, we have one sink with a draining board which I am open to changing it gives a solution.

Attached floor plan and video of the kitchen at 0.33 sec.

Thank you for your help.

the

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Joitree D
    3 years ago

Hi Anu. Dishwashers are places near the sink for the water pipe accessibility. In terms of installing, you can call the professionals from the brand itself(the brand you choose to purchase the dishwasher). They would give you a better idea about the situation and possibility.

• Gus Mangaly
    3 years ago

It is fairly easy to do. The best location is next to the sink. You need 16A plug, water connection and a drain outlet. In most cases if it is next to sink, you can use a double angle valve for sink faucet and dishwasher and also can drain into the same drain for sink using a sink drain adapter that has dishwasher connection. The most cost effective way is to buy the standalone type dishwashers that are in the 25-30K price range. In modular kitchen with 85 cm x 60 cm deep and 60 cm wide cabinet space you can achieve a built-in look with those units. I just did that in my new Kochi kitchen.

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    3 years ago

Anu,

If you are looking at 'minimal disruption' then that your idea is likely option.

However given the size and closed concept kitchen it is NOT an ideal placement specially when it will be used by elderly. It would require substantial changes to make it comfortable and functional.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore

• Dohany Casco Maradiaga
    3 years ago

hey i need home