lkboken

Outdoor urban landscape lighting

NYCish
4 years ago

Hi all. I’m back! So we have a backyard plan for the house we are purchasing. I took the advice of some Houzzers!! Its a gut reno of a 1901 row home outside of nyc. Attached on both sides. It’s a quasi-spec. We have been able to choose, customize and modify a lot, but some things have already been decided, etc. The designer asked me today if I had considered perimeter lights or landscape lighting. I hadn’t. But now I should since doing it after the fact won’t make sense

The fence is based on a cinderblock foundation topped by bluestone, which is topped by ipe about 6’ tall. There is conduit for outdoor speakers.

I’d like some sort of perimeter lighting. We won’t move in until early September so I’m not expecting much to be planted in the beds; we are bringing few hydrangeas I have already repotted and are ready to be transported.

I can’t envision it being easy or feasible to do fence sconces since it is a shared fence. Or is this possible? I’m meeting with the electrician next week but have no idea what to suggest. Stake lighting? I found a few from tech lighting. Our beds aren’t raised. I just want a warm general glow, perhaps uplighting, from the perimeter of the fence.

Sorry for silly emoji on the pic!

Comments (16)

Sponsored