mlee1976

GE Cafe Series Matte White Finish?

mlee1976
4 years ago

I am planning a fairly traditional kitchen and have settled on GE Cafe series- 36” professional range, counter depth refrigerator, and dishwasher. I am planning for the perimeter cabinets to be painted some form of white or cream (maybe SW Alabaster) . The island is going to be wood (not painted). All of countertops are going to be a quartzite version of calcutta gold marble (but quartzite). Backsplash will be marble tile. Two new windows with aluminum clad or black grids. Would it look ok to do GE Cafe white matte instead of stainless? Has anyone done anything similar? BTW- there are no appliances going on the island. Is this too trendy? A want classic with a twist.

Comments (543)

• librarylane
    2 years ago

@stylebysekula thanks for sharing! If you don’t mind sharing, What was your cost of the quartzite VS the Quartz?

• Ashwini Reddy
    2 years ago

I am buying the cafe matte white French door fridge. I have a very tight kitchen and the fridge is by a wall that juts out. The fridge door would be able to open to almost 90degrees. Does anyone have that fridge and could tell me if you can still pull out the veggie drawer? There are no floor models anywhere! Otherwise I might have to rearrange a lot more things in my kitchen than realized. I love this fridge and can’t exchange it since I already bought the range and dishwasher in matching colors. I suppose I could return the range and dishwasher…

• Related Discussions

Help with living room

Q

Comments (10)
    Going with the theme your are trying to achieve, I would add a black leather ottoman to replace he white table. The built in shelf I would remove and sheetrock over it or paint in a matte finish black. Before you paint in black be sure your have accessories such as silver or reds to put in that space to set off the black background. You can put a series of pictures with silver frames or art objects of silver , red or combination. I love your table and chairs.
    ...See More

Need help with my living room

Q

Comments (138)
    Leather sofas can really dominate the room and can give an overall cold feeling. I would add some earthy elements, like a wood coffee table with glass or metal. Go to Restoration Hardware's website and look at their sofa room scenes. And I'm sorry I think the art is too harsh for the room. That's all your eye goes to in the room. too overpowering. I would look for something softer or maybe a cool mirror and I would add color to the room with pillows and some colorful lamps. I also think woven blinds would look great. They add warmth and give a finished look. The color of your window treatments should contrast your wall color a bit, not match it or else it starts to look generic and blah.. You have warm walls, warm floors and the woven blinds, like Hunter Douglas brand would pull it all together for you.
    ...See More

Reviews for kitchen appliance brands

Q

Comments (122)
    I had purchased hafele hob 10 months back... I got it serviced 6 times... Now i requested for replacement with new one... Still they have not attended my request...
    ...See More

Im looking for paint color and hardware to match the Cafe matte white

Q

Comments (3)
    Hi, you can use the white shade quartzite for the counter. You can have a retro look and feel kitchen if you use turquoise or dark green or grey color cabinets. If you are going with this style then copper shade hardware will just be perfect.
    ...See More
  • Jennifer Werneth
    2 years ago

Here are a few pics if that helps. I left doors at 90 and the long drawer didn’t open fully but you could still get everything. Smaller ones above that opened all the way

• librarylane
    2 years ago

Personally I would find it awkward to get food while not opening the door beyond 90%. This fridge does stick out a bit so maybe that would help in your situation. If I had to do it again I’d probably get a custom cabinet panel and put that atop another fridge, rather than getting this cafe one, due to the protrusion issue (the door is very thick so even with custom cabinets it does stick out). So
    Perhaps you could do that and avoid having to return your other appliances.

• Ashwini Reddy
    2 years ago

Thanks Jennifer! It would only be one side that could only open 90degrees. Here is the layout (there have been a few changes made to it but the fridge placement is still there). I’ve actually had to move cabinetry so I could even get this fridge door to open to degrees. I love the idea of how it swings open but it’s really not helping my situation. If I removed that bottom little panel were you have those small condiments then would I be able to open the lower veggie panel all the way? Thank you again soo much!

Library lane-thats a good idea about a paneled fridge door. I’m doing ikea cabinets so I’ll have to see if they have fridge cabinets! Maybe that’s a solution!

• Ashwini Reddy
    2 years ago

Oops forgot to add the image!

• Ashwini Reddy
    2 years ago

The wall by the fridge juts out to 40.5inches. I’m assuming the handles wouldn’t be able to clear the wall? If it could then maybe it would be a bit more than 90 degrees?

• dana mccarthy
    2 years ago

I did Top Knobs in Honey Bronze for my pulls and Danby Olympian White marble for the counters. I do love the match of color with this marble https://www.vermontdanbymarble.com/home-5-4/

• Jennifer Werneth
    2 years ago

I do think the handles are quite big on the fridge. I’m not sure I’d like this one if I couldn’t open doors all the way. But others may want to weigh in.

• Emily Benz
    2 years ago

Mine only open a little past 90 and I find it to be a huge pain. The door bins are so nice and deeps, but it makes it impossible to comfortably get water without opening both doors. If you cannot open the doors to at least 90, which you can’t do if it is right up against a wall, I think you may find this refrigerator to be very functional.

• Ashwini Reddy
    2 years ago

I made some adjustments so I’ll have 11in by the fridge. It’s not the full 16inches they want but I think/hope it’ll be enough so I don’t get irritated every time I open the fridge. If anyone wants to see how much they can open their fridge with only 11inches on one side then I would love to see pictures! 😬

• a5moore
    2 years ago

I’ve ordered all of our GE cafe white appliances but we’ve been waiting a year now and the store still doesn’t have them in (ETA is December). I realize there is a back log but is everyone else waiting this long? I ordered and paid in full on Oct 2020.

My whole kitchen reno is pending our appliances.

• Jennifer Werneth
    2 years ago

Some of mine took a year. I called more times than I could count and had to have Home Depot separate the items in my order so that I could get what I could earlier. I begged for my fridge and stove so we could move into the house. The rest came at different times. Last were the fridge drawers. If you did a group order you won’t get any of them until all are available. Though I love the appliances I may have lost years off my life working to get them and stressing. Sorry you’re dealing with this. They’ll give you an ETA and then just change it when the day arrives. I honestly think they should stop selling until they catch up with peoples orders.

• Ashwini Reddy
    2 years ago

Hey has anyone had any issues with staining? I cook with a lot of turmeric and worry about the white getting stained (like on the range). I’m a reallllly messy cook

• HU-169548617
    2 years ago

Moving into a house with Cafe Matte White appliances and cannot stand how they make the cabinets look off-white despite being painted bright white. I don't want to buy new appliances, has anyone had success ordering replacement stainless parts from GE parts department to swap out the matte white panels for stainless?

• diannesamuel
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@HU-169548617

If you'd like to sell them, let me know! You can PM me at 715-441-1728

• jennceliberti
    2 years ago

I was able to get the fridge but not the oven should i abort or can I have stainless wall ovens no right?

• Boone Freeman
    2 years ago

@Emily Benz love your choices! Can I ask what color you painted your island?

• Boone Freeman
    2 years ago

@Jennifer Werneth your kitchen is beautiful! Curious what color you chose for the cabinets and island?

• Jennifer Werneth
    2 years ago

Thank you. I picked Extra White (SW) for my cabinets and Hale Navy (BM) for my island. I used Pewter Green (SW) on some other cabinets in my house and if you’re looking for a green it’s really pretty.

• Emily Benz
    2 years ago

Boone Freeman
    I used SW Retreat on my island and BM Brilliant White on my perimeter cabinets.

• Emily Benz
    2 years ago

Can any one with the double oven tell me how to properly lubricate the extension racks? What I did isn’t working. The inner sides of my oven are getting really scratched!

• Linda Gullage
    2 years ago

Emily mine too I haven't tried anything yet.

• macjj5
    2 years ago

Does anyone have a set of the bronze colored knobs for the Cafe stovetop that they are interested in selling? I am interested.

• knittybynature
    2 years ago

@Emily Benz, can you share what your tile is? It's lovely!

• PRO
    Rabbitt Design
    2 years ago

I did one last year. Client loves it, I think it turned out great. This is a rendering, a different backsplash was used

• Emily Benz
    2 years ago

@knittybynature thank you, it is Costa Allegra long hexagon in Gulf from Bedrosian Tile. I went To their site to order the Cloe tile in white and bought this instead. I was nervous about such a bold choice, but I love it. It is just the right amount of dimension to add interest to a safe tile shape and it is matte. I think if it was gloss it would be overwhelming.

• chrissyqwilson
    2 years ago

@dana mccarthy what color are your white cabinets painted? they look like they match great with the matte white cafe appliance.

• Tammy Mcneill
    2 years ago

Agreed @dana McCarthy why color are your cabinets painted? Looks like a great match to the matte white

• dana mccarthy
    2 years ago

Hi everyone. My paint is not a Ben Moore or Sherwin Williams. The cabinet maker I went through offered a few shades of white, none of which I could line up to a major paint brand. Sorry!

• a5moore
    2 years ago

Has anyone used paint matching technology to match the appliances with their cabinetmaker rather than going with a BM/SW color? If so, how did it turn out?

• a5moore
    2 years ago

@Jill / @Jane Y

have either of you completed your reno?. Super interested to see the final results.

• Jill Hilts
    2 years ago

We are plagued with delays. Latest is kitchen window and laundry Dutch door. Both due March 2nd. Cabinets half installed, they are ready but we had an issue with a built in cabinet in primary bath. One side of the arched niche it is going into is not parallel with the opposite side. We had our pm and a new area supervisor out yesterday who worked out a plan to remedy the error. The good news is that we love our cabinetmaker. Early on we negotiated an in person meeting with him at his shop. This was after he had come to the house twice to meet and take measurements. Some of our requests have a nod to the deVol English kitchens, so unusual. He provided us with 3D renderings to sign off on. He is one of our angels through this journey. The back splash tile we fell in love with had a 14-16 week lead time, the new area supervisor talked us out of waiting that long cautioning us that appliances/ faucet couldn’t be installed until after back splash for fear tiler would ‘splash’ on range/faucet. Had to let loose of our w/d two weeks ago to allow space for laundry cabinets to be installed. Waiting for cabinets to be painted before arranging deliver of Miele stackable, doing laundry this weekend at sister’s. So we start the search again for the perfect back splash. I am ready for this journey to end. BTW, we found a yummy neutral called Morning Dew from BM. Our breakfast room which adjoins the kitchen has been painted with this color. We loved it so much we decided to repaint the kitchen (currently BM Chantilly Lace) with Morning Dew as well as laundry walls and cabinets. Kitchen cabinets will be BM High Park. Will post photos when I have something to post. Best to all.

• Jane Y
    2 years ago

Gosh Jill, Must be pretty frustrating building in this economy. I sincerely wish you the best. Our renovation is complete and we love it. I was surprised moving to Florida how dark a lot of the homes were. Including the one we bought! Lol Thankfully we finished lightning up every room so everything is nice and bright and I can see if any bugs come in easier. 😂

• Jane Y
    2 years ago

• Jane Y
    2 years ago

• Jane Y
    2 years ago

• Jill Hilts
    2 years ago

Jane Y - beautiful! Here’s to a bug free home!

• chestnut3
    2 years ago

Jane Y- I was wondering if you would share the paint color you used on your island and perimeter? Looks like a light gray on the island and white on the perimeter. Your kitchen is beautiful!

• Jane Y
    2 years ago

Hi Chestnut3, The grey is Anew grey & the white is from the cabinet refacing company closet to SW bright white. Hope this helps. They coordinate very well imo and keeps everything neutral so you can add in any color of accessories.

• chestnut3
    2 years ago

Thanks! My cabinet maker uses SW so this should be easy to find!

• m2pro
    last year

Where did you buy your kitchen handles and what color are they?

• culli4
    last year
    last modified: last year

[FYI: DELAYS on Cafe appliances are due to a chip shortage. It is not a problem with the GE/Cafe.]

We have the Cafe white microwave and refigerator...LOVE THEM!!! (We are ordering the stove/oven soon. It will complete this space for sure!!) We ordered our refrigerator in March of 2021 and it arrived in March of 2022. Our microwave was in stock and was delivered and installed w/in a week. Our walls are SW Alabaster and our cupboards are SW Snow Bound. Our dishwasher is located in the island, which is painted Black, and we will also be ordering the black matte dishwasher.

• melly366
    last year

I am interested in purchasing the matte white hood for above the stove. We are doing white oak lowers and white upper cabinets and I am concerned the white matte hood will not match/look off compared to the bright white upper cabinets. Does anyone have photos of the white matte hood with white cabinets?

• Linda Gullage
    last year

I

have refrigerator cabinet

• heitkasr
    last year

Anyone mix brushed nickel cabinet pulls with the traditional matte white cafe ge appliances

• Jenna adams
    last year

I hope you see this a year later! Jane Y, what is the countertop? I love it!

• Jane Y
    last year

Perla Veneta Quartzsite 🤗

• Jenna adams
    last year

Thank you! Looks great!

• mycoach99
    2 months ago

Hi everyone so I was researching the best matched color for the matte white appliances and found that rock candy by Sherwin Williams is a perfect match !!!

Sponsored