tuffkins20

Reviews for kitchen appliance brands

Koel Das
9 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hardly a design dilemma but I do need advice. Our kitchen designer is advising us to get appliances from Hafele. We have options from Faber, Kaff, Elica and possibly few others. We were considering Faber, Elica and Hafele ourselves. However, we don't really have an idea of how they actually compare to each other. Can anyone help with reviews of any of these brands, especially Halfele? Thanks in advance. (We are located in India)

Comments (122)

• HU-896964620
    5 years ago

Also, please let me know the noise level for the Hafele Nagold hood.

• dk_malik
    5 years ago

I am Using a deep slence faber chimney , a bit expensive one and am happy at it’s noise level. There is no sound practically at first stage of suction but the noise kevel increases with the 2 and 3 stage .

I have installed Bosch built in microwave and oven , shall comment after a prolon use

• Koel Das
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @ HU-896964620
    I am not a heavy user of these both. Till now both have been fine. Cleaning the burners is slightly cumbersome. Other than that I don’t have any issues with either.
    I have a Teresa 90 which has a 57dB noise level and that is somewhere between moderate and high noise. If you want silent ones look at those with 42dB or thereabouts. Siemens has some
  • Biju Abraham
    5 years ago

Hi all... I am thinking of purchasing a cooking range .. Iwould like to know your experience with Sleek and Glen cooking ranges .. Please help me to choose a good one my budget is to a maximum of 50000/

• mampi
    5 years ago
    Hi, I am planning to buy Hafele Ribb 70 oven. it's quite a feature rich oven at that price point. Whirlpool has same feature but all most double the price. I am really confused now. please share your views.
  • raenar
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I am planning to buy a table top hob from Siemens. They have 3 gas brass burner stove. I am surprised that no one in this entire thread has asked about the kW of the burners. My last purchase was a Faber hob and i threw it out as it took forever to cook INDIAN/Asian food. Would anyone be able to tell me what is the kW of an ordinary indian gas flame in a prestige/sunflame etc stove? Also the number of complaints on amazon reviews for Elica is scary....someone here complained about the service for Hafele and I know that the Siemens service is bloody expensive...but one is working with the fact that their dryer and dishwasher have lasted me 10years....so maybe i will not need a service on the stove front too!!! Please help with the kW question. Thank you

• Gaurav Raheja
    5 years ago
    @raenar I m using Siemens 5 burner hob since 3 years, and we got it serviced only last month that too the burners just needed cleaning, and we paid Rs 800. I m not sure about the kw of the burners, but the burners are good for Indian cooking.
  • ruchie466
    5 years ago
    Can someone here guide me about compressed ro. I have space limitation and can’t place ro on counter. Any brand that works without pressure pump? I can’t install pressure pump since it’s a very old house
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    5 years ago
    Ruchie,

Under counter water filter has a compressor provided with the unit. It doesn't take much space. But you would need provisions for electric and water supply.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.
  • ruchie466
    5 years ago
    Any reviews of compressed ro ? The ones that go under the sink without pressure pump
  • Dipam Sharma
    5 years ago

Under the sink ROs without pressure pump won't work - probably. I've been using KENT Excell+ which is installed 10 feet away. It comes with Pressure Tank. It's been 2 years and I am happy with it.

• ruchie466
    5 years ago
    Nitin , I need one that works without the pressure pump
  • ruchie466
    5 years ago
    Dipam what about the storage tank? Is it plastic material or ss ??
  • PRO
    5 years ago

Ruchie, its difficult to defy physics. Stored water can not come up without compression pressure.

Thanks

Nitin

Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore.

• Sana Munshi
    5 years ago

Hello, I read these reviews recently and unfortunately my parents just having their entire kitchen made with hafele appliances, it's too late now as payments have already been made, just keeping fingers crossed for them.

I on the other hand plan to buy the Bosch series 8 single oven the one with touch panel. Any reviews would be helpful or other suggestions of built in ovens. Thank you.

• Ajinkya Pokharkar
    5 years ago

Can anybody recommend me a good ductless chimney for cooking Indian/Asian food under 13000 INR and hob too. Should have decent customer service in Mumbai. Which brands have good service and are reputed? I'm looking at Elica for chimney, but some of the reviews of the Elica hobs on amazon are scaring me. So having a dilemma.

I'm totally clueless about the features a chimney needs since I'm installing it for the first time if anybody directs me to some guide or something I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

• PRO
    5 years ago

Ajinkya,

Ductless chimney do not work for Indian style of cooking.

If you have an option, we would recommend you to go with Duct Chimney.

As a Layman you should look for 3 basic things, 1- Chimney Width ( 600 mm or 900 mm are commonly used) Suction power - Check your kitchen size and buy appropriate one and then some helpful features like baffle filters and auto collection.

We too do not recommend Elica because of regular service issues. In your budget you can look at Prestige and Faber.

Thanks

Nitin

Cornerstone Design Studios, Bangalore.

• dk_malik
    5 years ago

if anyone is renovating his house then pl do not buy Hindware sanitary. The plastic components used are substandard and give lots of trouble especially the flush plate . Do not believe the technicians blindly , the products have serious manufacturing defecfs which you notice later .

• rishima makhija
    5 years ago

@hafeleindia

Their customer service is really bad and they have the most incompetent staff and engineers. Our refrigerator which we bought just a year back has been broken from past 1 month and none of their so called “technicians” are able to fix it nor telling us what exactly is wrong. We have asked them to replace our model but they haven’t done anything about it. We have already filed atleast 20 complaints in past 1 month. Please think before spending a fortune of your hard earned money in their products because if it breaks their customer service will just leave you hanging.

• Ajay Pyaram
    5 years ago

Hello..any reviews on Hafele Nora 44 and J series combi steam oven? I am enticed by the combination functionality of both microwave and occasional baking/grilling but wary of Hafele's quality and service. I am only looking for built in combi oven as I do not have space for separate oven and microwave and neither do I need both.

• ecosafe bags
    5 years ago

I bought Hafele Nagold appliances in Holy Offer in 2018 for Rs.80, 000 in Hafele Design Studio Chennai. Hafele Design center employees asked me to write the cheque in the name of their franchise who will handle delivery of appliances.

Their Franchise is now denying delivery of items I purchased. On reaching out to hafele design studio and also customer service head, Hafele customer service head is demanding Rs.40, 000 more to hand over my appliances.

Do not purchase any items from Hafele design studio, beware of their unethical customer service.

• ajay_pyaram
    5 years ago
    @ecosafe

As far as I know, the design center is only an experience zone. They do not sell anything directly. They will redirect you to the Hafele dealers. It’s unfortunate that this is happening to you.

I have been to the design center here in Bangalore at Langford road to check out the appliances but I purchased them at a dealer.
  • ecosafe bags
    5 years ago

They didn't inform they don't deal with the purchases directly when they asked me to write the cheque. Hafele design center employees just asked to write the cheque in name of their authorized franchise. They did co-ordination with Franchise. Now both franchise and Hafele head (Devendra Patil) is denying purchase and Hafele customer service head is demanding Rs.40000 more to hand over items. Why would a reputed company have just a worse unethical customer experience.

• PRO
    dee_1503
    4 years ago
    Nagold hafele, what should I say about it. The lesser said the better it is, but I need to mention or else hafele is royally charging a bomb, and giving sub standard products has become a norm with them.

Firstly their nagold built in 5 burner hob, 3 small burners, 1
    Medium flame burner and 1 very big flame burner.

The 3
    Small burners are so useless they might as well have given only two big burners, they could have eliminated the small 3 as they are just of no use. The flame is so slow that it takes practically half an hour for a cooker whistle to blow. When told to the technician, he says madam they are like this only you can’t do much.

Coming to the medium flame, it leaves all my vessels black at the base, called technician he says I’ll have to reduce the flame, now if the flame is reduced, it becomes just like the other 3 burners.

The 4th burner is so high and if you cook on that flame, your arms are bound to get burnt. Alas!!! Just keep calling technicians and then when the warranty gets over, just pay and pay.
    They are cheaters do not
    Buy HAFELE!!

Coming to the microwave convention,
    Made a hole in my pocket, doesn’t get Heated well, Tecnician says madam it’s like this only, what can I do all the customers Keep yelling at me but what’s the point I’m not the company.

Chimney, again costed a bomb, makes a hell of a lot of noise. Tecnician says madam it will make this kind of noise.

Kitchen made from their franchisee store, job still not
    Complete, sometimes there a color variation, sometimes something else.

Door handles copper finish required, order gets punched in for SS finish. Another order alas to sort out the finish which was told to me it’ll take 3 months to process the order m, finally it came after 3 months

STATUTORY WARNING: DO NOT BUY HAFELE PRODUCTS ITS INJURIOUS TO HEALTH. HEALTH HAZARD AS IT GIVES YOU A LOT OF STRESS.

was literally coaxed into buying a hafele dishwasher, got my way and bought a Siemens dishwasher THANK GOD!!!
  • dk_malik
    4 years ago

I have recently made my new kitchen , I have put in a good chimney and 4 burner hob from Faber , quite satisfied with the products though the chimney makes some noise. Put in built in microwave oven and oven from Bosch . Very satisfied with these two . You can buy Bosch products for peace of mind . My washing machine is also Bosch.

• Srimant Anne
    4 years ago

We're in the process of making our kitchen and cant decide on which brands to trust for the appliances.

The Nagold teresa chimney was almost decided, but the reviews here have changed my mind. Can you suggest a similar product from a more reliable brand?

We're also looking for a Hob that can be used in a wet indian kitchen with 4 burners arranged side by side. Any suggestions would be helpful

I see that Seimens and Bosch are being suggested heavily here, there's a large price difference between both, is it worth going for seimens over bosch for the cooking range and refrigerator?

• Gaurav Raheja
    4 years ago
    hi Srimant, Im using Siemens hob n fridge since almost 4 years, and many more products of siemens. all with zero problems. i can understand thr products are very expensive compared to hafele nagold, but they r worth it. If you want you can go for Samsung refrigerators, they r good too. But i would recommend using the Chimney from siemens, i dont even use the exhaust fan in my kitchen and our cooking includes a lot of frying, typical north indian cooking. it has easy to clean filters.
  • Ravindranath Naidu
    4 years ago

Really don't recommend hafele products. Only waste of money. Only negative in all products. Maintainance very high. Go for other products. Do not suffer after buying.

• PRO
    8 Streaks Interiors
    4 years ago

Chimneys and hobs, dont just rely on brands. Go for features and Check for the presence of service centre. I recommend Kutchina, IFB and bosch.

We supply all three in our Kitchens, they are reliable. But we suggest particular models based on the design, budget and the kitchen size.

• Rose Jacob
    4 years ago

Please dont buy CLASSIC FLEXI FB MFC 4B 75 or 4B 90 R MT.Eventhough its wide enough to use 4 burners at a time .Its tough to clean ,if food is spilled over.And get ready to spend 400 bucks in every 2-3 months for service guy to visit.Design is bad that its tough to clean and bcoz of that burner will have contionous issues.Also dont go for the black look of the burner.After some months of usgae ,it will start look bad . Will have patches on it and turned grey in 6 months

• virendravijendra
    4 years ago

please don’t go for Hafele. I did this mistake of buying all Hafele appliances fir my new home but deeply regret it within a year itself. it’s all products are very very bad in quality & cleaning & maintenance is very hard. after sales services are pathetic & parts of products are unbelievably costly. Hafele service persons & their senior are very rude & don’t value a customer at all. I think they just want to sell their worst product.

Lg, Ifb are best in service.

• Mohammed Kais Shaikh
    3 years ago

Faber gas stove the very worst brand. Don't ever buy any products of this brand it is good to either buy a local product atleast those people give warranty and replace at their shop, Faber is worst after sales service and the products are of low grade quality with my personal experience, the burners and the down aluminium cup on which the burner is placed is corped and have become ablong, inspite of talking with the area service manager and complaints given to customer care and sending emails they are just trying to fool around and ignoring the issue it took me 2 months for a technician to come and just check, now I am going to take it to consumer court and give complaint regarding hazard to my families life because of Fabers worst service experience. Because till now my issue is not resolved.

• Dimple Desai
    3 years ago

Built in oven whirlpool or elica which is better and also with steam fuction which is better...for India?Any suggestion ...

• Jyoti Dugar
    3 years ago

Anyone heard about ROBAM chimney

• PRO
  • Soumya Mohapatra
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I am planning to buy all modular kitchen appliances within a week .Dios refrigerator,a microwave,an oven,90cm chimney,a gas hub & an induction hub . I always have a beleif that all product from one brand are not good .But no idea about current market .please suggest what brand I should choose.

• Madhubir Mangat
    3 years ago

What is feedback on Bosch kitchen appliances - built in oven, microwave. Dishwasher, kitchen chimney and burners

• truptib
    3 years ago

Can anyone provide review on Hafele VRT 90 hob please? Read the reviews on Hafele products above.. Is it that bad or it’s based on the way it’s being used be it any brand?

• Ayushi Maheshwari
    3 years ago

Hi I am confused whether to buy hafale/ Siemens/ Bosch / Miele gas hob burners ( 4).

we have a joint family, so the burner is used heavily. We live in India .

please suggest.

• HU-189398637
    3 years ago

Hello ... Can anyone pls give review on Faber 90Cm cooking range. I am looking for 5 burner cooking range with gas oven . Any recommendations? Need steel cook top not enamel top....

• PRO
    3 years ago

Ajinkya, ductless chimney is a no no for practical reasons.

• Avantika Mallik
    2 years ago

Hi.. we have no choice but to go for a ductless chimney as the building has some restrictions. Whicb ductless chimney would you recoomend. Also which hob.

• Resumes IT
    2 years ago

Should i consider Robam Chimney and Nob ? Lives in North India

• PRO
    2 years ago

Never used Robam Chimney or Hob.

• Ram Sri
    2 years ago

Please dont buy Kaff. Their product is very bad and service is horrible

• Venkidesh Krishnamoorthy
    2 years ago

Faber very poor after sales service, the owen didnt work for even one year, the service is pathetic

• PRO
    Shades By Shweta
    2 years ago

you should compare with easily avaible service & parts in case of issues in future

• Ganapathi G M
    2 years ago

I had purchased hafele hob 10 months back... I got it serviced 6 times... Now i requested for replacement with new one... Still they have not attended my request...

• PRO
    Shades By Shweta
    2 years ago

siemens , milie

• Rama Narula
    2 years ago

Any reviews of Hettich hobs?