ashwanichaudhary53

Hide 4 inch round PVC rain water pipe on exterior wall

Ashwani
5 years ago

I want to hide around 45 feet high 4 inch round PVC rain water pipe on my exterior front wall because it does not looks good. Kindly suggest ways to hide it or exploit it in a very attractive and catchy manner.

Comments (50)

• PRO
    Ar Teeksha Gupta
    5 years ago
    hi you can use jali or false boxing can be done
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    For jali and false boxing kindly elaborate kind of materials needed and approximate cost.
  • PRO
    Ar Teeksha Gupta
    5 years ago

jali can be of cnc and false boxing can be of any material like wooden panels or bricks

• Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Cnc jali can become nest for birds. Any other option.
  • PRO
    Ar Teeksha Gupta
    5 years ago
    hi jalis are commonly used nowadays but if you want to opt for something else you can go for panels (boxing can be done)so that pipe can be accessed if required in future
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Any photos for panel boxing please?
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    But then how it will protect the pipe from front side
  • PRO
    Ar Teeksha Gupta
    5 years ago

check these images just for your better understanding of boxing

• Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    These photos are covering the pipe properly but not looking very attractive in the overall look of the building. I want something which not only protects my pipe but also adds in its beautification.
  • PRO
    Ar Teeksha Gupta
    5 years ago
    that's why I said just for your reference you can use other materials and paint according to your preferences same thing can be done with laminates they look attractive
  • PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    5 years ago
    Ashwani, do you know what is the cladding plan for the windows and adjoining walls. Do you have a 3d of the plan.
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I am pasting tiles on exterior walls
  • PRO
    Archiera design studio
    5 years ago
    you can go for acp wooden texture sheets or hpl covering...or it can be used for your elevation too..
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    ACP sheets looks promising to me. Could you please guide me about the sheet size 3mm or 6mm and which brand to go. Also will ACP sheet be fire retardant.
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    My height will be around 45 feet and box size will be around 6"*8"*6" to cover round the 4" PVC pipe from 3 sides
  • PRO
    Archiera design studio
    5 years ago
    it can be easily done with acp sheet. and it will look aesthetically modern
  • PRO
    5 years ago
    Ashwani,

You can consider HPL sheets as well. It would look quite good on your elevation.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore
  • PRO
    Archiera design studio
    5 years ago
    you can go for 3mm or consider 4mm don't go for 6mm(why to increase unnecessary cost) as it's is double sided. I think you only want to clad on wall surface and around PVC pipe....

There are some brands... Alstone which is easily available or you can go for indobond or crossbond.....for Fire resistant acp it's only available in color's not in wooden texture with 4mm thickness in Alstone..no other company have FR make as per my knowledge expect Alstone. if you want to know more about cost you can contact me.

Thanks,
    Archiera Design
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks to all for their valuable advice
  • PRO
    Xanadu Organic Gardens
    5 years ago

You could do a metal grill and cover it with fast growing perennial creepers like Clematis, Thunbergia Alba or morning glory. The creepers will need a large pot or will grow best in the ground.

• Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    perennial creepers like Clematis, Thunbergia Alba or morning glory will need maintenance and as you said need large pot or ground which is not present in my site. I need maintenance free attractive solution. But good suggestion. Thanks
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I am thinking of covering my 4" PVC pipe by the kind clamps shown but it should have minimum 4" breadth as seen from the front and available in different colours and materials so that overall look should be more attractive and catchy. Also if such option is available in the market where can i get these. If minimum 4" size is available then i need minimum 130 pieces to cover 45 feet pipe. What's your thought on this idea. Kindly advise.

• Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This is the cropped image of my front elevation showing only the 4" PVC that i need to cover using the decorative clamps that looks attractive and catchy.

• PRO
    Aurum Ideas+Spaces
    5 years ago

Hello there,

Since you've reached the end of discussion and almost bent on installing brass clamps. I will suggest to get them chrome finished to look nice. But that's a very localised solution and you will be faced with the concern of clamping every inch, so lot's of screws and clamps don't really compensate for aesthetics.

Since you've got space that needs to be covered on the balcony and the adjacent areas as well, I would suggest a double sheath of MS louvres for ventilation and aesthetics as well. The louvres could continue on to the balcony as a seamless design.

Regards,

Aurum Ideas and Spaces

Bhubaneswar

India

• PRO
    deSigneR - Architects and Interior Designers
    5 years ago

you can opt for doing a vertical garden band in the center. The pipe would hide in the green vertical garden. Also, from inside while you are climbing the staircase, you will see an interesting lush green vertical garden.

• PRO
    5 years ago
    Sir,

You may not get a 4 inch wide clamp . Will have to customise it.

For so many pieces it will require a minimum of double the number of drilled holes. which will weaken that section of the wall substantially. Please take the opinion of your architect on that.

And IMHO, finally it may not look as great.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Cornerstone Designs, Bangalore
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi Aurum Ideas and Spaces, could you please post some real photos of what you are suggesting to me.
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Hi nitin, very true it may weaken the area due to large no of holes.
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Vertical garden band in the center would look great initially but after some period of time due to lack of maintenance it will dry. Also it will become home to insect, lizards etc.
  • PRO
    Aurum Ideas+Spaces
    5 years ago

Hello there, hope we're still addressing your project retrofitting, please look at the following random images of MS Louvers and shutters. Use the vertical lovers for concealing the pipe. Use the balcony rails to complement the shutters and use a partition jaali of shutters as well to ensure privacy of each balcony since they overlook the adjacent balconies as well.

However, it is certainly not cheap and would would cost you a bit.

Why don't you simply shift the plumbing to the rear side of the house? Even if a terrace grading would be there, it could be resloped accordingly with minute changes and won't even cost much.

We would like to inquire about the exclusive purpose of the pipe; whether it is meant for stormwater drainage/sewerage/wastewater from bathroom and kitchen or a water supply pipe?

• PRO
    Aurum Ideas+Spaces
    5 years ago

Regards,

Aurum Ideas and Spaces

Bhubaneswar

• Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Exclusive purpose of pipe is to carry rain water from roof and each balcony waste water but not sewerage water for which some other pipe is present.
  • Ashwani
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Can you post actual photos of vertical lovers to hide such pipes.
  • PRO
    Aurum Ideas+Spaces
    5 years ago
    The first picture is of such Louvre. It needs to be fabricated according to your sizes.
  • HU-892784554
    3 years ago

Hi Ashwani, Were you able to fix this ? Can you please share the picture of your building ?

• PRO
    drawingscart
    3 years ago

simple

Same dia pvc pipe place right side make texture paint or color like pillar..

• Tina Das
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have something similar kind of situation. I need to hide the outdoor pipes. Any suggestions

• Tina Das
    3 years ago

• Tina Das
    3 years ago

• PRO
    Dream Design
    3 years ago

Greetings From Dream Design,

As per your Inputs we are suggestion you some ideas

-Make the Iron cover in outdoor for hiding the pipes

• PRO
    Dream Design
    3 years ago

Greetings from Dream Design,

Is this is helpful

• Tina Das
    3 years ago

I like the second one. Can you say what material is it.

• PRO
    Dream Design
    3 years ago

Thanks It's made from Iron

Pls follow us on houzz and share some Reviews

• PRO
    Js constructions
    2 years ago

Any photos regarding this ideas plz.

• PRO
    Js constructions
    2 years ago

Hi Aswini...
    Which model you go through for this rainwater pipe. conceal.can you send that picture.

• PRO
    Insite Designs
    2 years ago

You can add a cnc cut jaali as a cover around it. It will make the facade look nicer and attractive as well as not interfere with any repair work and the pipe system in future. Please contact us for details: 9988866472. Thanks

• HU-783436134
    last year

Haii . I need this cover pipes for drainage vertical pipe purpose where can I buy this in Hyderabad India

• PRO
    last year

any good iron fabricator can do it for you HU-783436134