boojessi

is the fireplace stone or a faux facade?

Jessica
5 years ago
Roman Holiday · More Info

Comments (7)

• Jessica
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks! We are going to try to copy this in our house. Is it a certain kind of limestone veneer?
    Also can you share the wall paint color? We want to do a light gray but it might make the limestone look to beige..?
  • PRO
    Pink Door Designs
    5 years ago
    Hi Jessica,

The wall color is origami white by Sherwin-Williams. As for the stone. This was installed by a hand Mason and selected from an actual stoneyard in my local area. Depending on where you live you may you may have stone that is more readily available to you. This means the cost can be less. Sisterdale Cream, and rattlesnake chop are some of the common stones we used a lot on these projects.

Good luck and please let me know if you need any further help
  • Jessica
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you so much for the detail! We are in Houston. We are taking a lot of inspiration from this house including the walnut islands and the gray tile floor.
  • PRO
    Pink Door Designs
    5 years ago

That is so great to hear! I am in Houston myself (Katy) so if you need more help with your selections or design help I would love to help you! Are you building new construction or remodeling?

• PRO
    Pink Door Designs
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I worked closely with the builder on this model home. It also serves as their office in one part of the house. My role was to come up and implement all the interior and exterior selections that you see in addition to the furnishings. We worked as a team in the beginning phases as well to ensure the best floor plan for flow and entertainment of the space. I put a lot of heart into this particular project since I was able to do a some more modern things but yet still keep to the natural elements of the surrounding area.

PS I love walnut cabinetry it's timeless, modern, warm and the prefect shades of brown. If you have not seen my other kitchen with walnut see my European Native kitchen album. All custom, flat front, Euro style

design without looking to cold.

• Jessica
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I send you a message with my contact info through Houzz. Thanks!