bebestest

Problems with vinyl flooring?

Person A
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

A little background on myself I live in Arizona and have only lived in homes with tile which is the norm for my area due to the nature of the desert. I work as an in home installer ( tech field) so I get the opportunity to see many homes, mostly higher end or new builds which I see mostly all tile as well.

A few of the newer and more high end homes have recently started doing engineered hardwood( I’m assuming because the valley is mostly slab) and I love this look. It could be because wood floors are exotic and new to me but it definitely makes my heart sing. After researching for over a year and reaching near analysis paralysis I know wood is not the practical choice for my family at this stage in my life. I have an aging large Katrina rescuse dog which pees inside any time it rains( few times a year), a toddler, pool, and micro farm.

Tile is the most practical choice and I’m very familiar with it. The problem is whatever is popular in the moment is all I can find locally. The hot thing in my area is wood look porcelain and the first few times I saw it I thought it was genius but over the last year and closely paying attention in other people’s homes I’m not too fond of the look. It’s obviously fake and always the wrong shade. I currently have travertine and dont like It because it scratches easy and my particular tile is very busy. I also feel like I’m completely over taking care of grout.

After researching different flooring options it looks like vinyl will be a perfect match. Softer than tile which is great for my older dog and toddler. Looks easy to install and repair and being waterproof is also a huge plus having a pool and knowing my family. Most of the time I see people posting against it is when real hardwood is an option. Unless I’m missing something which is completely possible I don’t believe hardwood is a good choice in my situation.

My biggest problem with vinyl is choosing a color. I was almost convinced with karndean

Korlock based on specs but every sample I have received looks like fake wood or too gray.

I should probably get to the point. When it comes to a higher end vinyl which sometimes is pointed out as an oxymoron. What are the other issues with it? Just looks cheap? Dents easy? Scratches easy? It seems everyone who owns it, loves it.

Sorry for the long post or Format. I feel like I have read all the posts on the subject and never got a straight answer on the problems with vinyl.

I know posts with pictures help so I’m going to attach one of the dog and flooring mentioned in my post. She just had emergency surgery in this pic from a few years ago.

Comments (3)

Sponsored