madhuris

i am thinking of renovating my kitchen.

madhuris
23 May 2018

My kitchen is small in size (12 feet * 10 feet). It has a window above the gas stove (east), with L shaped arrangement towards my right. Please suggest me suitable and compact design to comfortably used the kitchen.

Thanks !

Comments (17)

• Wini A
    What style are you having in mind? There is clearly a shortage of space so you will need more shelfs. Do you intend to install canopy hood for cooking?
  • PRO
    Dev interiors
    make More floting cabinets for storage and intal some utensil organizer on your window bar to make.a smart use of space
  • madhuris

Thanks to both for reply. Basically, I am looking to modernize it.

So Canopy hood, dishwasher would be addition.

As well need proper space for the crockery, microwave and mixer.

Do not want to change basin place though, but can think of it if any good design comes across.

As well please suggest the color combination. I like red color, but how it would go?

As well want to place one small table with 3-4 chairs.

• PRO
    Deepa Raj

Hi,

You can check this video out for design inspiration. And here you will also find a kitchen design in red, with a combination of two different types of cabinets.

Hope this helps!

• sarah m
    1. Change backsplash tiles.
    2. Go for floating shelves
    3. Go with a combination of white and red cabinet below countertop..and keep the cabinets above white.
    4. you can place your oven where you are storing your onions right now..keep onions in a steel trolley with wheels.
  • PRO
    Rupal shah

Hello Madhuris, don't take guidelines as this way you will get confused. Consult somebody for proper planning of the kitchen with specified placements. Your kitchen is 120 sqft which isn't small if things are properly planned.

• PRO
    Housepro Design Studio

This is sample Design We have a lots of designs than this. Contact with us. 7906650301

• PRO
    WDF space design, Interior Design Business

please have a look... here..

• PRO

where do u stay... if ur really interested in changing ur kitchen in a spacious manner.. pls consult us for the same.. i will make more use of space with necessary electronics gadgets to be placed along with other necessary food items... Because whatever is the square feet we get in kitchen.. the fridge space and the sink space is dead to use, sink below space will be used for storing dustbin and fennel bottles,etc to store.. etc..

and if u dont have space for washing machine then that also will be used in kitchen if there is no space anywhere.. so basically make a list of ur requirement for anyone to work on it, so that they will give their best ideas on it..

• PRO

also let us know where is the fridge and washing machine space in ur house

• PRO

overall outer photo from the living room towards kitchen door

and a small sketch of measurement of kitchen.. i hope u can draw that along with measurement. .right.. revert us back

• Devalina Sen

You should never put a stove with flames in front of a window. One gust of wind from the window and the person who is cooking will be on fire. Most western kitchen codes do not allow this. Please keep this in mind when you remodel.

• Wini A
    Give it a U shaped kitchen look, this will give more storage options and decluttering
  • Anu Ramachandran

I have recently renovated my kitchen and all materials bought it from buildpro.store. I think you can also check out this website.

• Hannah Jhonson

Recently I have renovated my home and kitchen with the help of Renovation NYC. You may check this site.

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India

Hannah, Just FYI, this query is for a different country.