letsgo716

Advice needed on patio cushion colors and coordinating umbrella & rug!

letsgo716
5 years ago
I just purchased a new patio set for my roof deck! The set comes with two fabric options:

Sunbrella Canvas Navy
Sunbrella Spectrum Dove

I am partial to the navy but have concerns around heat retention and showing dust/dirt. The spectrum dove color is far more neutral and will not retain heat as much.

If I go with the navy - what color umbrella do you recommend? (Dove? Other bright color? Orange?)

If I go with the dove - what color umbrella do you recommend? (Navy?)

Appreciate any advice and insight you might have! Really struggling with the cushion options right now.

Thanks

Comments (8)

• K Laurence
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

What is your climate like? I like both but the navy will absorb heat. That’s the only two choices? For myself, I would choose the light, I like how it looks with the “wicker “ color. Just a matter of personal preference. I would prefer something in more of a midtone. Whichever you choose, I would go with the light umbrella, it will show less dust. Been there, done that. Sunbrella fabric holds up very well, warranteed against fading for some years...

• letsgo716
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Live in Boston!
  • letsgo716
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    And yes - those are my only two options w this vendor!
  • Judy Mishkin
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

umbrella on roof deck... what could go wrong?

my daughter has a 7th and 8th floor terrace and balcony on comm ave... its pretty breezy. even without an umbrella actually tipping or going over the edge... a flapping umbrella can be annoying.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    5 years ago

Really it will be airborne in the first wind storm . I would do the navy the white will be filty by the end of the season. Could you post a couple of pics of the whole deck and how it sits with the house you might be able to do an awning that attaches to the house.

• Elle
    5 years ago

I would definitely go navy with the cushions and umbrella to hide dirt, and then add some lighter pillows for contrast.

• PRO
    Patio Lane
    5 years ago

Very nice set! If you don't want to be limited to the 2 color options, we offer custom cushions and covers in thousands of Sunbrella fabrics for a truly custom look.