molly4669

Sea Pearl quartzite help

Regina Work
6 years ago
I'm searching for my countertop and have looked at all the quartzite because I like them. With that said I found two today within the same type: Sea Pearl. The first is a polished version. There are potential issues with fissures that were sloppily filled pre-polish - my fabricator is going to look at it for tommorow but he's concerned that just from pictures there may be cracks. Sigh. Second Is a honed Sea Pearl that the more I look at it is maybe more to my liking? The only prob is it's on hold (but buyer may let it go, plus there's plenty of polished version that could be honed. Cabinets will be custom white dove shaker and I may give the island a light grey look. I'll include my kitchen inspiration photo from Tom Howley too

Comments (3)

• Regina Work
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Whoops looks like the honed pictures is #1. It's grey with creamy white tones, teeniest bit if sage. There is a polished version here.
  • PRO
    Garza Concepts
    6 years ago
    I think it's perfect. specially with grey tone cabinets.
  • Regina Work
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    And then picture #2 from a different wholesaler is a polished version that has lots of grey splotches of white and more sage than #1.
    Did LOVE #2. Polished gives it a sophisticated look, but I know it'll be a little more susceptible to etching. Also it is busy.
    #1. The advantages - it's honed so less etching (if any) it's subtle and very flowing.