rileyjo

Is the Calcutta gold marble honed or polished in this beautiful kitchen. Thank you in advance for your reply.

rileyjo
11 years ago
Classic White Kitchen · More Info

Comments (9)

• PRO
    House of L
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Hi! It is polished Calacatta. Thanks for your inquiry!
  • PRO
    Architessera
    11 years ago
    Calacatta is the correct spelling . Very nice design
  • PRO
    Architessera
    11 years ago
    Correction was not meant to you directly but to anyone reading this and you are right there are a lot of people in the industry that still mispell and/or mispronounce the name of this marble; yet it still does not make it correct. As manufacturers and distributors of this stone, we need to be responsbile in correcting mispelling as this leads to a lot of misinformation on this product. We still have many customers who believe that Calacatta is from India, because of mispellings. All we are doing is trying to educate the industry, if people still choose to mispell it, its their choice. I would think that industry professionals would want to know the correct name of a stone they specify.
  • PRO
    House of L
    11 years ago
    Of course and I can appreciate you identifying that. I will make sure to use the correct spelling to help with any further misconceptions about the origins of this stone, which originates in Italy, not India. Thanks again for the clarification!
  • PRO
    House of L
    11 years ago
    Yes it is Calacatta Gold.
  • aimee bologna
    5 years ago
    Do you know if the back splash was cut into tiles from specific piece of marble or were they purchased separately? If they were purchased separately do you know what brand or where from?
  • PRO
    House of L
    5 years ago

Hi Aimee,

The tile is cut by the manufacturer who is New Ravenna

http://www.newravenna.com

• carolina_corey
    3 years ago

Many years later I know, it do you know grout color you used in this project? I was hoping perhaps you use thieve products regularly and would know. Thanks!