jennahill

From honey maple wood cabinets to custom gray painted finish

The homeowners of this kitchen in the Garrison Oaks subdivision in Roswell decided it was finally time to update their kitchen.

There were many decisions that needed to be made when it come to the kitchen makeover including cabinet color, countertop, backsplash, lighting, hardware, custom built cabinet and wall color. So with the help of the homeowner's interior designer, subcontractor and CCFF, the end result is just what the customer had envisioned.

Originally Light Honey Maple, these cabinets were refinished to a custom gray painted finish. Other additions to this space include the following:

• Cove crown molding with apron
  • Light rail under cabinet molding
  • Raised panels on peninsula
  • Custom-built black cabinet
  • Quartz countertop
  • Subway tile backsplash
  • Leveled Peninsula Bar
  • New Stainless stovetop hood
  • new pendant lighting
  • Walls freshly painted
  • Island base painted black

This kitchen now reflects an updated, sophisticated, clean and simple look and feel. With gray being one of the hottest colors today, this kitchen is at the top when it comes to kitchen trends of today!

Comments (18)

• PRO
    May Construction, Inc.
    8 years ago

Great job, makes the room look much brighter!

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    8 years ago

more modern. I like it!

• PRO
    M&R Custom Millwork Inc
    8 years ago

Looks great! Love the pendant lighting over the island.

• PRO
    Stecki Construction
    8 years ago

What a big difference! Good job!

• PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    8 years ago

Wonderful tool to use when showing people what can be done when the cabinets/facings are of a decent quality. Without getting into too much detail how does a project like this (paint with new counters/lighting) compare to a full renovation? What was the time-line and how much did they save by using what was already there?

For many homeowners, the "savings" (time, money and materials saved) are also part of the equation when looking at kitchen renovations.

• PRO
    PF Design Studio
    8 years ago

Very nice!

• L M
    8 years ago
    I too have honey maple cabinets that are in perfect condition that I'd like to update but I'm concerned about the durability of painting them. How to I find a reputable contractor to take on this task? What product should be used? Average cost of a larger kitchen?
  • PRO
    Pacific Coast Custom Design
    8 years ago

lovely update.

• PRO
    Hamilton Klow Architects
    8 years ago

Very nice!

• PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    8 years ago

Great job!

• PRO
    Selectblinds
    8 years ago

I love the choice of grey cabinets! Great job!

• PRO
  • PRO
    Fratantoni Interior Designers
    8 years ago

Lovely!!

• cynde1951
    7 years ago
    We just did our smaller kitchen with grey cabinets. They were originally builder grade raised panel honey oak. We replaced 30 year old cabinet doors and drawers. We had a hard time finding a good painter for woodwork and cabinets. They all seem to have a different story. If we had it to do over we might have looked into refacing our old cabinets first, even tho they were in decent shape.
  • stneely76
    7 years ago

Looks beautiful. What color did you use on the cabinets?

• PRO
    Mega Builders
    7 years ago

Lovely work - looks great!

• PRO
    DANIELLE Interior Design & Decor
    7 years ago

The grey turned out really well. I like the counter height overhang.