jillmeng

Professional style range and wall oven/microwave vs. professional cooktop with double wall ovens and microwave

jillmeng
11 years ago
I would like some input on ranges. We are building a new home but there is a budget. In my last house (see picture) I had a slide in Dacor 36" gas cook top. I had a wall oven/micro unit. I said I didn't need two ovens. Wrong. So my thinking this time is to put in a 36" range and a wall oven/micro unit. I am not a baker but those six burners are mine! I don't want to spend $8 -$10,000 on the range. Configuration vs. cost thoughts everyone???? Also a recommendation for a 36" range and the cost.

Comments (5)

• Judy M
    11 years ago
    You could put in a six burner cook top, a double oven wall unit and a microwave in an island or other space.
    Kitchens by Julie Williams Design · More Info
  • onthefence
    11 years ago
    A friend built a house a few years ago and had the same issue. She ended up going with a true commercial range (not just professional style). I was astounded at the price. I'm linking a sample from amazon that isn't the same model but is the same idea.

The only problem is that these aren't built for installation next to cabinetry. My recollection was that there had to be 18" between the range and the closest surface. If you'll have an open wall, it could work.

http://www.amazon.com/36-inch-Commercial-Range-American/dp/B001S2Z8WO
  • PRO
    EuroChef USA
    11 years ago
    Jill- in regards to your questions about service and parts in the NH Hampshire area for Verona ranges...it would never be an issue to assist you with either. We have a large network or retailers and servicers in the NE area and would be able to find a servicer without an issue. All of the parts are warehoused in our NY office so there is never a wait should they be required.
    If you have additional questions about the brand please contact me directly at melissah@eurochefusa.com.
  • jillmeng
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    They are really nice looking. Definitely on my list. Thank you.
  • PRO
    sstarr93
    10 years ago
    Why all the old posts?