angier_2007

My slide-in stove is taller than the granite and other issues...

angier_2007
16 years ago

I need advice on how to handle this. I am becoming more disappointed with my new granite countertops and I am not sure what I can expect the kitchen co. to do to fix the problems. The most bothersome is the slide-in range that stands 1/2" taller even with the legs off. Next is how the undermount sink looks. I thought that the counter would over hang the sink by a fraction of an inch but it doesn't it looks as if the sink opening is bigger than the sink. The silicone used to seal it is very visible. I have one long piece with the sink that runs the length of the wall and it is scribed very well with the wall. The other piece that comes out to make a breakfast bar isn't so good. It starts out okay and gradually comes farther away from the wall leaving about 1/2" gap. (no backsplash) Since reading about the penny test here I've tried that on the seams and I can feel the penny catching in some spots.

I've called and asked for someone to come out and look at the top. They will send someone but ... "they are not responsible for the stove, they went off the sink specs, aren't you putting up a back splash? and walls are wavy."

I have no experience with this kind of thing and do not have a designer or contractor to call. I would appreciate any feedback on what would be right and fair.

Comments (114)

Sponsored