kitchensink111

Curtains across the top with blackout blinds or roman blind?! Please h

kitchensink111
9 years ago
Hi

I need some sort of covering in this children's room but struggling to decide what's best? Any ideas? Thanks

Comments (10)

• hatetoshop
    9 years ago
    Black out blind with a Roman shade . Windows look quite deep.
  • PRO
    Two Blind Guys
    9 years ago
    I would agree. You have plenty of depth to mount a Roman Shade inside the windows. A curtain would take away from that.
  • PRO
    Q interiors
    8 years ago

I like using window films like emma jeffs "otto floral" window film. they are light filtering & offer privacy. easy to use, & you can get fun patterns for children's rooms. I would also recommend a top up bottom down blinds so you can let light in from the top transom.

• acm
    8 years ago

Depends a bit on age too -- we still have an old-fashioned roller blind in my daughter's room (age 7) because she finds it hard to fall asleep with any light coming through in the summer. We're hoping around age 9-10 we can get her a decent modern blind instead...

• PRO
    Blinds Direct Canada
    8 years ago

Hi there,

Love the room! I would recommend going with a Blackout Cellular Shade with a top down bottom up option. This is will allow you the blackout you need at night and during the day you can have your privacy and still have light coming in. I would also recommend adding a small Mock Roman valance above to give you a pop of colour and texture to add to the space.

http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/shades-toronto/cellular-shades.html

http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/top-treatments/mock-roman-shade.html

• PRO
    decorative dreams
    8 years ago
    Since this is a child's room, I recommend you stick with a shade that has no cords. One of the latest shades is from hunter Douglas : Solera. It is in between a roman shade and a cellular shade but has a soft shape with over 65 colors, check out the photo.
  • PRO
    Blinds.com
    8 years ago

Roman Shades would be a perfect application for these windows. If I may be so bold, check out our cordless blackout roman shade. Since it's cordless, it's the perfect option for a child's room, and the blackout option will help keep that room nice and dark for sleeping. Not sure if you've finished up your windows yet, but we'd love see some more pictures or hear how it went! :-)

- Benjamin @ Blinds.com

• PRO
    Koeber's Interiors: Flooring, Furniture, Windows
    8 years ago

A simple cordless honeycomb is the most efficient and economical and also is better priced than most roman shades. A roman would be beautiful in the room but honeycombs are offered in textured looks as well which add interest to the window. Hunter Douglas does have a style called the Applause, or most other brands offer a honeycomb shade as well. With it being a kids room, cordless is a good idea.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    8 years ago

A custom sized plantation shutter where the top operates interdependently from the bottom.

Residential Project, Camp Hill · More Info