Residence By Atelier Ankit PrabhudesaI
What Houzz contributors are saying:
4. Firm: Atelier Ankit PrabhudesalThis modern kitchen combines black laminate shutters with silver hardware for the base cabinets and frosted-glass panels in silver frames for the wall cabinets.
6. Firm: Atelier Ankit PrabhudesaIThe eclectic patchwork tiles make a bold style statement against the neutral-coloured (white, black and brown) kitchen. Bright under-cabinet lights add to the dynamism and are a boon when doing food prep.
8. In the kitchenBacklighting the kitchen countertop aids efficiency while preparing food and during cleaning. In this kitchen, LED lights are fixed within a pelmet which runs the width of the kitchen, and they highlight the designer backsplash tiles and the countertop. It’s hard to miss the floating effect created by recessed cove lighting within the lower cabinets.
6. Distance between stove and chimneyThe distance between the bottom of the chimney and the gas stove should be about 26-30 inches. If this distance is more than 30 inches, it will compromise the performance of the chimney. Note: Cross-check the required clearance with the company manual before final installation of the chimney.
6. Focal backsplashYour new backsplash should not only be able to take a lot of hits and heat, but should double as the centre of attraction, considering it covers a good amount of space. If it is of the tiled variety, make sure the grouts don’t run deep, for easy cleaning. Personally, I would love a plain metal sheet as the backsplash, as in restaurant kitchens – it is hardy, easy to wipe down and looks sleek.
Wall-mounted chimneyA wall-mounted chimney is fixed on the wall just above the stove as in this image. It gives a modern look to the kitchen; the hood is available in a pyramidal shape or a sleek straight-line design.Tip: Make sure that the size of the hood is equal to the size of the stove or hob so it covers the entire cooktop and absorbs the smoke effectively. Also, the distance between the chimney and the hob should be 26 to 30 inches to ensure optimum suction of smoke and fine particles.
3. Statement backsplashThis neutral-coloured (white, black and brown) kitchen is punched with vibrant hues through patchwork backsplash tiles. Hidden lights under the overhead cabinets and platform drawers add to the vivacity.Feast on these 9 steamy backsplash tiles
7. Patchwork-style splashback tiles in warm colours create a rich backdrop in this neutral kitchen. These beauties immediately catch our attention and lend a fun quality to the kitchen.Tip: Do use the appropriate splashback tiles directly behind the stove. The variations in temperature between when the stove is on and when it’s off may cause some tiles to expand and contract and get visible cracks. Carrara stone, glazed ceramics, stainless steel and wood-finish tiles are some options.Feast your eyes on these 9 gorgeous splashback tilesRead more:10 Unique Options for Your FloorsTell us:Have you used patterned tiles in your home? Tell us how in Comments below.