maryann_miller58

Miele vs wolf induction cooktop reliability and functionality

Maryann Miller
2 years ago

Have ixnayed the Thermador due to numerous bad reviews.... too many to go that route... Wanted to buy USA made but Miele seems to be most recommended for reliability as well as functionality.... Any experiences you can share? thanks

Comments (10)

• delray33483
    2 years ago

what model numbers are you looking at Functionality is dependant on that info

• wdccruise
    2 years ago

Which Brands Make the Most Reliable Appliances? (click "Cooktop" icons for details for each brand).

• Maryann Miller
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Miele KM6375 Wolf CI365C/B also

thinking about Bosch Benchmark NITP069UC thanks!

• Jack Holdford
    2 years ago

We've used our Miele 30" induciton range for 3 months. I also was impressed with the reliability stats and this is what our builder installed the most. We had a domestic brand induciton 10 years ago and I like the safety of induction and response. I have never used wolf.

• Wendy Kaplan
    2 years ago

Don't know if you ended up pulling the trigger yet but I've had my 30" Wolf induction for 6 .years. No issues at all. The only complaint is that sometimes the rings are hard to see, especially if the cooktop isn't perfectly clean. But it works great, doesn't have extra stuff I don't need, and has been very reliable.

• HU-16168550092
    last year

Yale Appliance lists Wolf as having the best reliability amongst the many brands they sell. Miele ranked somewhere in the middle of their rankings which cover service data for 2022

• wdccruise
    last year

@HU-16168550092: "Yale Appliance lists Wolf as having the best reliability..."

But Yale Appliance sells neither GE (GE, Profile, Cafe, Monogram) nor Frigidaire (incl. Electrolux) which are big induction cooktop manufacturers.

• HU-16168550092
    last year
    last modified: last year

That used to be the case but Yale now carries all of those brands except for Electrolux/Frigidaire I believe this is recent within the last 12-18 months or so .

• jwvideo
    last year
    last modified: last year

Seems to me that the caution about Yale Appliance's service ratings is less about brands they may or may not carry but, rather, it is more about the limited scope of their data. They only measure the warranty service they provide on the ranges and cooktops they sold. That can be helpful info but, as most warranties only run for 1 year, the data doesn't tell you about actual longer term reliability and durability.

Here's the company's explanation:

" Measuring induction range reliability is simple. We calculate appliance reliability by dividing the products we serviced by the products we sold. For this article, we looked at the number of appliances sold and serviced from December 1, 2020, to October 31, 2021. This standard is used because we service appliances free in the first year. After the first year, it is hard to determine what percentage of customers call us and harder to track."

Sponsored