webuser_704208455

Cabinet color for Taj Mahal Quartzite Kraftmaid Dove or Warm white?

HU-704208455
2 years ago

Hello all!

Really excited today to choose Taj Mahal Quartize for our counters! Such a beautiful stone!

We'll be selecting our cabinet color over the next few days and wondered if anyone has any feedback on using Taj Mahal with the dove white or the warm white Kraftmaid. Currently my house is painted with BM white dove, a somewhat warm paint. We'll be repainting the house some time after the kitchen remodel so I have some flexibility there. Honestly I was thinking I would just paint it the same color again ; )

I'm going to have white appliances after our redesign for a while, because the appliances are midlife and we can't quite justify replacing with stainless at this point. The current cabinets I have are about the same color as the dove white, and the white appliances are much brighter of course.

We have some warm tones throughout our living room area which adjoins the kitchen. No pics at the moment but I can attach in a forthcoming message... : )

Comments (58)

• Andrea Bowen
    last year

Everyone please post you pics. We committed to warm white, now selecting countertops. Leaning toward quartzite and taj caught my eye.

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

we still have to "fatten" the shelving and add some floating shelves, top trim and the range hood. but as far as the countertops go---if you're even remotely considering taj, i say go for it!

• krispy9
    last year

Jordan Takacs that looks beautiful. What is the oak looking cabinet? Are those unfinished KM ones or some other stain?

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

thank you! the stain is KM maple wood in Barley suede

now that the kitchen is finished i will get some better pictures and update

• krispy9
    last year

Much appreciated. Thank you. I was toying with the Driftwood Oak with a translucent stain but Barley looks great here.

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

our kraftmaid dealer said that this is the first job he's done in the barley suede and he loves it. i personally like it better than the warm white, although the mix definitely gave me the aesthetic i was going for. but the quality on the stained wood is about 100x better

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

also i stuck with allllll hard maple with all of my stained wood finishes throughout the house (ceiling beams, staircase, dining table, etc). kept the oak for the floors (which are actually LVT but called "french oak")

• krispy9
    last year

Cant wait to see the pictures. Thank you.

• Jeanie Bollinger
    last year

Pineyjim what color is that ialand?

• Kelli Lakeman
    last year

Jordan Takacs—I love the countertop with the tile back splash. What are the tiles?

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

thank you, they are zellige tiles. these are from Zia Tile and they are the color Casablanca white

• Kelli Lakeman
    last year

Thank you!

• hawaiianlove821
    last year
    last modified: last year

@Jordan Takacs I literally just made all of the same choices...warm white uppers with some traditional mullion doors, barley suede on maple and Taj countertops....now I have to pick the backsplash & wall color for the open concept kitchen/living room. What did you use for trim color and wall color? Looks great, I can't wait until min is installed!

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

that's wild! I did trim and wall color the same...Storyteller by HGTV sherwin williams (it honk i had to get it at Lowe's and then they color matched it at my SW store). i already had it in the trim of my house before the renovation and i love it. it's a really warm, barely off white

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

sorry i have 5 kids and very few stages pictures 😂

• hawaiianlove821
    last year

@Jordan Takacs looks beautiful! I know I just happened to google warm white and Taj mahal and stumbled upon this!

• bb_116
    last year

Jordan, Your kitchen looks beautiful . We have warm white kitchenmaid cabinets coming in January, with Taj counters. Now I'm agonizing over paint. I don't want the cabinets to look yellow. My LVP provenza floors are very warm in color. I hope it all works.

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

it will work. we used the color Storyteller from SW HGTV like because it was the color i originally had in the house on walls and trim---it's a warm white and i think it works well

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

sorry i have 5 kids, this house is never magazine ready lol

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

the cabinets look creamier, but not yellow

• bb_116
    last year

Most of my cabinets will be Warm White Kraftmaid and the island is translucent driftwood.

Sink I think I'll do stainless. Cabinet pulls will be a smoky gray. (ash gray, actually is the name)

I've thought about SW Albaster for paint. Hubby is not keen on me wanting LIGHT for paint. So, that's not helping with me making a decision.

I need to get going though, since he needs to paint within the next few weeks.

Yours really looks GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Glad to hear yours don't look yellow. That's my only fear.

I'm not a decorator, that's for sure. I agonize forever on my decisions. :-)

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

same here! and i've made many mistakes. we chose stainless for our sink as well and i'm happy with that decision

• Erin Bell
    last year

I know this is an old thread but I also just made the exact same decisions for cabinetry with KM warm white and barley on maple. I’m so excited! I haven’t picked countertops yet but I imagine it will be something similar to the Taj Mahal ones pictured in this threat. So excited!!

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

Erin,
    that's wonderful! i don't regret my decisions for a minute regwrding cabinet color and countertops.

• dove41
    last year

I am in LOVE with the Taj Mahal quartz counters!! They are gorgeous!! Where did you get them? I am also deciding between Dove White or Warm White Kraftmaid cabinet color.

• bb_116
    last year

We ordered our Taj Mahal quartzite from a granite/stone store, but went to numerous warehouses and picked out our own slab. I recommend that !!!!! I also LOVE Taj. They are so beautiful and just what I was looking for.

We have warm white KM, Where are you planning on getting your cabinets?

• bb_116
    last year

Has anyone had issues with their new Kraftmaid cabinets?

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

yes i am honestly not happy with the quality at all. the paint is not perfect and i feel like i was told by numerous outlets that they're such a great company but i am 9 months out of install and STILL waiting on replacement doors. some have come in damaged more than once.
    i love the color and the look, but yeah. wishing we would have gone "custom" after all

• bb_116
    last year
    last modified: last year

Same!!!!! :-(

We had ours installed mid January and there are SOOOOOOOO many imperfections. We've been told some things are within scope. Not MY scope, but the big things I am going to fight for. Three cabinets totally have to be replaced. One came in the wrong color, one box was dropped and the cabinet is a mess and one cabinet has a big crack in it. UGH! I can't get my countertops installed or even templated because two of the cabinets that need to be replaced are lowers.

So many door/drawer fronts have imperfections! Bad paint, no paint, smudges, etc etc! I too wish we had NOT gone with Kraftmaid. I'm so sad because we worked so hard to do this!!! My husband and I are retired and will never be able to do this again.

Is your company cooperating with you about replacing all YOU want replaced?

• Jordan Takacs
    last year

i'm sorry to hear that! Our contractors have been good about replacing doors, which is all that i have fought for because we couldn't hold off countertops or anything like that. we have 5 kids and moved out for the renovations.
    i jsut keep trying to remind myself that everyone else jsut sees the big picture, which i am very happy with, and that the paint defects don't change the way i function in my kitchen. It's pathetic thst it has come down to that, but mentally, i needed to figure out how to move on and enjoy this addition thst we spent so much time and money on. but i really do struggle with obsessing over the details...cabinets and more!

• Bella Bella
    11 months ago

Jordan please tel me if your white cabinets as warm white from Kraft maid I just ordered some and worried they may be to creamy

• Bella Bella
    11 months ago

Anyone like to share picture of Taj Mahal with warm white from KM cabinets pls

• bb_116
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Bella, warm white is creamy, but NOT yellow. That is what I was afraid of. My Taj is a great mix of colors. It has some grey, but lots of warmth too which is what I wanted. Have you found a slab of Taj? I looked forever for the one I knew would work best. :-)

• Jordan Takacs
    11 months ago

Yes. my cabinets are KM warm white in the suade finish?? i think that's what it's called

• hawaiianlove821
    11 months ago

@bb_116 what color did you use for trim paint and wall color? Thank you!

• bb_116
    11 months ago

Our trim and doors are SW Alabaster. The walls are accessible beige. I wanted the walls to be Alabaster as well, but my hubby wanted a little more color. I went back and forth between SW accessible beige and BM edgecomb gray. EG was just a little too gray for me.

• Bella Bella
    10 months ago

Is it close to alabaster color?

• Heather Weisman
    7 months ago

Jordan, what color tile did you use for your backsplash? I picked Taj Mahal to go with Thomasville cotton white Shaker cabinets. Having a hard time picking out a backsplash. Thanks

• Jordan Takacs
    7 months ago

we went with moroccan tiles from Zia tile in casablanca white

• Jordan Takacs
    7 months ago

zellige tile

• Colleen Ginste
    7 months ago

I’m ordering the same tile. What color is your grout?

• Laurie
    7 months ago

Jordan and others who have Taj Mahal counters -

What finish did you get...honed or polished? Pros or cons to your finish?

Jordan - you mentioned problems with the painted KM cabs. Are you having any issues with the stained (Barley) maple cabs?

Erin Bell - Can you post photos of your KM Barley on Maple cabs? Did you choose a countertop?

- Laurie

• bb_116
    7 months ago

Laurie,

I have Taj polished and LOVE them. In another house we had honed quartzite, very similar to Taj. I think it was Perla Venta. (???) Anyway, I didn't care for the honed as much. Certain pans might leave a mark

on it if I scrapped it on the countertop. For example a cookie sheet . I usually could get them off, but I haven't had that issue with the polished. I hope that helps.

• Laurie
    7 months ago

bb_116 -

Thank you for info about your experience with polished versus honed quartzite. It helps to hear about it especially because you have had both.

I like the two photos you posted, above. The Taj looks great with your cabinets and paint.

You had mentioned that your island is translucent driftwood. Can you post a photo(s) of your island, please?

-Laurie

• bb_116
    7 months ago

Laurie,

Here is a picture of the bathroom with translucent driftwood and Taj. I can't find one right now of the island and we're actually not home. If you want one of the island, I'm more than happy to do that when we get back in a couple of days.

Are you looking at Kraftmaid cabinets? I will tell you, we've had ALL kinds of issues! If I were to do this again, which we never will, I would NOT get KM! Especially from the box store we went through. UGH

The finished project looks nice, but ........................................

Also, this piece of Taj in the bath is a different slab than the kitchen. It doesn't have as much gray as the kitchen. The kitchen is a nice blend of cool AND warm colors.

Bobbi

• Laurie
    7 months ago

Bobbi -

Thank you for the photo of Taj with translucent driftwood. It's beautiful. The Taj in the bath does look to have less grey compared to your kitchen.

We are in the info gathering stage for what eventually be a new build. After hearing about your experiences with KM, I would hesitate. They just look so nice! However, I believe you had to go through a lot of hassle and don't recommend them.

-Laurie

• Bella Bella
    5 months ago

Would Taj Mahal go with dove white cabinets?

• bb_116
    5 months ago

Bella,

Possibly, but in my opinion it depends on the slab! Taj varies a lot from slab to slab. It can be very creamy!! Your best bet is to take a cabinet sample to a place where you can pick your own slab. Hubby and I did that until we found what we were looking for! It took many trips to the warehouses that carry granite/quartz/quartzite, etc.

• Bella Bella
    5 months ago

Thank you good to know that is not completely of the charts I refuse to go white with countertops I need something with color

Sponsored