erin_stamm

Does anyone have a Shaw hardwood or luxury vinyl they love?

Erin Stamm
2 years ago

We are in the process of replacing our floors and must choose a Shaw brand. I'm really liking the lighter/medium shades and the knots and detail of hickory but am open to other wood/tones. Wondering if there is anyone out there that has something they love that they can share a photo or details of the product. *Note, the more durable the better because of dogs/kids. Thanks! Pic of style for reference.

Comments (90)

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

Oops hit the post button too soon! Lightning makes all the difference! I see the level on your sample board 😀 All the levels and the jacked up prices drove me nuts during my selection process. Hopefully your experience is better than mine. Did you go with black cabinets?

• S G
    2 years ago

Not sure if the “Barley” discussion remains active, but we found these posted photos of samples very helpful! we are installing it next week (new build).

will post pictures then. thank you

• Nwam Zie
    2 years ago

PBASNET- yes the levels were definitely annoying. We went with white cabinets to ceiling and a black island because my kids kick the island so much while eating it gets so dirty.

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

@SG looks beautiful !

• S G
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

In case anyone’s interested in more visuals

...😊

Barley was closest to the color we wanted (less heavy on the yellow/peachy/warm hues-we also

considered Fawn but variation seemed high). Hard to make assessments by photo alone, but we love how Barley turned out.

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

Pretty. Variations seemed to be the least with Barley, that’s why I went with it too. Love the way it turned out!

• S G
    2 years ago

@pbasnet - thank you :)

If you don’t mind sharing ( & assuming you used Barley in the kitchen), curious to know what color cabinets you chose.

• Erin Stamm
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Love seeing photos in the real world!! thank you for sharing @S G!

I am nervous because I am literally getting ready to approve the order for purchase and this makes me feel better because it looks beautiful!

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

Here you go S G. The space is still not complete so it’s a mess. The floor is covered as well. I tried to get the floor and cabinet together. I have white cabinets with black island. Hope this helps!

• S G
    2 years ago

@Erin Stamm We pulled the trigger on Barley before seeing this thread, but after I saw the photos posted here, I knew it wasn’t going to be a disaster :) I don’t know if any flooring can be catergorized as ”neutral”, but that’s how I’d describe it. You won’t be disappointed!

• S G
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

@pbasnetYour kitchen is practically Thanksgiving ready-beautiful! thanks for sharing. Here’s our work in progress - i detect similarities ;)

gray cabinetry & navy island

• Nwam Zie
    2 years ago

Pbasnet love the kitchen. We picked the same things other than flooring. White cabinets to ceiling, black island and Gold hardware and seeing how beautiful it is here is so exciting.

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

S G - love your cabinet colors! Looks very similar. When will your house be ready?

Nwam- I am loving the white and black! I think you will be very happy with it! The Flaxen will look amazing! Please do post pictures when it’s ready. Would love to see how gorgeous it turned out!

• S G
    2 years ago

We should be done next month! Super excited! once that happens, i can start stressing about furniture 🤣

Now to find a discussion on 8 person, mid-century modern dining tables 😉

• Erin Stamm
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Old floors are getting ripped up as I type! Super nervous but thank you all for sharing photos to help with the anxiety of this whole process :) Hoping mine turn out as good as all of yours!

• Nwam Zie
    2 years ago

Send photos when done

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

Some additional pictures without the construction mess. The floor is very neutral which gives me the flexibility with furniture, lights and window treatment. I am very happy with how it turned out.

• Nwam Zie
    2 years ago

Pbasnet this is so dreamy and beautiful. We seriously have the same taste other than we picked slightly different floors. We also picked the same wolf range, gold knobs, black island.

• pbasnet
    2 years ago

@Nwam Flaxen is gonna look great too! Post pictures please, when you have your kitchen ready. What refrigerator are you getting? The wolf/sub-zero line has major delays. As you can see from the picture, I am missing half the appliances! I ordered my sub-zero refrigerator in June/July and they are scheduled to get in around April/May of 22, that too if I am lucky! It’s insane out there!

• Nwam Zie
    2 years ago

Our house will be ready in August 2022. Based on what you are saying we should definitely order our fridge latest December. We are getting a Subzero fridge. The 42. The wolf appliances and double oven are being ordered by the builder.

• trinhkbui33
    last year

@pbasnet Can you tell me if you have any stained wood against your wood floors?

• sue smith
    last year
    last modified: last year

@pbasnet-I'm super close to picking barley for my entire house. Does the floor look pinkish to you? The sample I have from the store looks pinkish. Your pics look amazing and are so helpful. Thanks!

• sue smith
    last year

Anyone with barley can you tell me if you've had any problems after installation? Holding up OK to wear and tear? Can anyone post more pics of their barley floor? I can't decide!

• pbasnet
    last year

@Sue it does not look pinkish at all! It is very neutral. I have gotten so many compliments on it!

• pbasnet
    last year

@trinhkbui33 not sure what you mean. I have my furniture pieces on the floor that are stained

• Mary Hughes
    last year

@pbasnet can you tell me if you have had any problems with the flooring? does it scaratch or dent easily?

• M R
    last year

@Nwam did you ever share photos of your home? Just ordered flaxen!!

• Nwam Zie
    last year

We unfortunately are just going to drywall so as soon as the floors are put in I will post a picture.

• pbasnet
    last year

@Mary, we have lived in the house for a little over a year with 2 young children and don’t feel like it scratches or dents easily. I mean if you drag furniture or something like that it scratches, but over all I am very pleased with it. Still get a lot of compliments on it. Hope this helps!

• Mary Hughes
    last year

@pbasnet Yes it does! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

• Araceli Harrison
    last year

@pbasnet thank you so much for your post! I am starting a new built and considering Barley but has some hesitation that may be too dark. After seeing your pictures and your satisfaction after one year I’m pulling the trigger. So helpful - thanks

• M R
    last year

we are literally having the flaxen installed at this moment. It’s beautiful! Texture but not too much variation. more of a matte finish and feels like real wood. Some of the lower end products I felt like they felt plasticy smooth

• Nwam Zie
    last year

I truly appreciate you sharing this M R. My first time seeing it all in its glory. It’s beautiful and so glad I choose it. Would love if you could share more when the crates are off the floor.

• M R
    last year

If you look up canal front builders they also did a project bald creek overlook using it!

• M R
    last year

@nwam zie

• Nwam Zie
    last year

Thanks it looks great !

• Araceli Harrison
    last year

@sue did you finally go with the barley on you entire home?

• Nwam Zie
    last year

Since I know there were a few of us waiting to see Flaxen in all it’s glory here is mine finally!!! Still needs to be cleaned but it came out really nice.

• Nwam Zie
    last year

Another angle.

• Mary Hughes
    last year
    last modified: last year

beautiful

• Araceli Harrison
    last year

Very beautiful. Enjoy your new home!

• Chirag Dua
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

This has been so helpful for us, about to commit to Anderson Tuftex Majestic Pecan Barley. This is for a new house, whole house is getting Barley love. Can you guys please confirm if flooring has been holding up well? Wear and tear, accidental spills etc. Anyone using wet mops for cleaning?

Thank You Again!

• M R
    5 months ago

only using anderson cleaning products but holds up great! we had a chandelier crash throwing shards everywhere. if it can withstand that it’s very reassuring.

• Chirag Dua
    5 months ago

Thank you @M R! Your feedback is very comforting. Sorry for the chandelier though. I hope nobody was hurt.

• Araceli Harrison
    5 months ago

Hi - I have pecan barley and love it. Have only had it for a few months but so far so good. It’s a beautiful floor!

• Chirag Dua
    5 months ago

Thank you Araceli for the feedback. Glad that we picked engineered wood over premium vinyl. Yes, premium vinyl has it's benefits but still has that plastic feel to it.

• Christie Curran
    2 months ago

I’m so thankful for this thread! There’s not much out there on this line. Can anyone share how their imperial pecan is holding up?

• Araceli Harrison
    2 months ago

Hi Christie - I am still in love with my floors. We moved in November 2023 and I have had no issues with the floor. They look beautiful and honestly I do not have any scratches yet. We have a small Maltese but no issues. I don’t regret getting it so far. I can tell such a difference between this flour and a LVP. Hope this helps.

• Christie Curran
    2 months ago

That’s wonderful! How about variation between planks? I noticed on the website it looks like there might be quite a noticeable difference between the lighter and darker planks.

And yes, we would much prefer to have hardwood but are considering Provenza LVP as well due to cost. We had some install quotes done this week so hopefully we can make a decision between the two options and then narrow down specific color. But Imperial Pecan barley is definitely my front runner for hardwood. It’s beautiful! If you have any other pics handy, I’d love to see them.

Sponsored