ashleyb345

Johnson Hardwood Skyview collection

ashleyb345
3 years ago

Does anyone have any reviews on the 2020 release of Skyview LVP collection from Johnson Hardwood? Specifically looking at colors Lightning and Celestial. Havent found any reviews online at all so I appreciate your feedback since this will be in the whole first floor. https://johnsonhardwood.com/series/skyview/ 

Comments (21)

• salonva
    3 years ago

Funny--- I am pretty certain I am going with a Coretec LVP but saw some pix of the celestial. I did the locate a retailer and found one in the area. I made an appointment to go see it later on this week. Actually not certain if ti's the skyview collection or another new one but curious to see it and get an idea of pricing. It looks gorgeous online, but then again, I have found that several that I thought would be THE one online turned out to be totally off in person. I will post update when I see it in real life and possibly bring it home and see how it looks here.

• ashleyb345
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@salonva yes thatd be fantastic!!

• salonva
    3 years ago

@ashleyb345 I went today and they did not have Skyview collection but they did have a different one Public house. In any case, of course I did not find a color that I really liked, but I was very impressed with the quality of Johnson Hardwoods LVP.

• ashleyb345
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks for following up. I'm bummed they didnt have the skyview collection for you though! Means the search continues!

• pjdesigner
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have seen the Skyview Celestial in person on the sample and also on the floor as a sample floor. I think it looks realistic and after much contemplation, I'm ordering it today. I've spent countless hours on this project in research and flooring store visits (with samples from Provenza, Republic, CoreTec and others brought home for comparison) and have decided Skyview Celestial is my favorite. I like the long planks and the repeat is every 8 or 9th board. (Many others repeat after the 5th or 6th board.) It is embossed in register which I like a lot and the wear layer is 30 mil. The bevel is realistic. The sample changes colors depending on the light and is a golden color in bright lights, but when dimmed, it becomes more of a caramel color. I'm attaching 2 photos of the board in the home we are renovating. One in bright sunlight and the other at night. I'm surprised there is not more reference to this product on instagram or other places. I wish that I could read a review of someone who has lived with it, but haven't found one. (I took it to Bible study and 4 different women couldn't tell that it wasn't wood.) I've seen the lightning color and it was a little too weathered for what I wanted. Hope this helps. I understand the struggle to find the right one!!

• ashleyb345
    Original Author
    3 years ago

@pjdesigner finally found someone! that's exciting! Thanks for your pics! I didnt know about the repeat every 8th board thats great. I like when you say color ranges between golden and caramel, that sounds so warm. Have you tested it for scratches? I agree, I bummed I havent seen it many places online either. Can I ask what you paid for sq ft? Did they say how long it would take to deliver? I know other brands are months delay. Are you installing or paying a pro? And what a relief you finally decided on one! You're right, I know the struggle.

• ashleyb345
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@pjdesigner Hey! Just following up! Did you get floors yet? I'm anxious to see them! :D

• pjdesigner
    2 years ago

I think they are going in our newly renovated garage apartment on the 14th of June. Hoping for that date. I'll post pictures! Here is a link to an install they've done in case you haven't seen the pictures yet. https://www.instagram.com/p/CMAYU1PAbVs/

• ashleyb345
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yayyyy Great to hear! Oh yes I've stared at those pics alot. 🤣 Looking forward to a real person perspective w no filters!

• pjdesigner
    2 years ago

@ashleyb345, please don’t look too close at surroundings cause we are far from complete w construction and this was an unattached garage. Here is an unfiltered picture of the install. They are putting it in today and I’m trying to not obsess and watch for repeats, so this is just how it has gone in. Still somewhat dusty from construction. I am incredibly picky, and think this flooring looks amazing in person. They are still installing, but I thought you may enjoy seeing an unfiltered photo. If you look where the sun is reflecting, you can see the embossing in register. I think I’m going to love these floors.

• Aurora Jane Rogers
    2 years ago

How can I clean it up that kids can do also on their own...my dog also has a simi weak stomach though whenever she does it it is mostly because she eats something greasy....maybe somebody gave her the pizza though I am the early bird and nobody is up...so I have no clue how to clean it up due to us having carpet besides in the kitchen though I am looking for something fast and

• Aurora Jane Rogers
    2 years ago

it is*

• Aurora Jane Rogers
    2 years ago

easy*

• ashleyb345
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@pjdesigner Ahhh those pics look so much better than others. Love how natural it looks. Really appreciate you posting your updates!! Its so helpful!

• pjdesigner
    2 years ago

I just saw a big pattern repeat in that they missed in that picture....when it goes in my house, i'm going to micromanage. ugh.

• J Smith
    last year

Johnson sv series is one of my favorites, being a installer I have worked with many different products. That being said this is the product I recommend to all my customers because it has everything you want in a lvp. Solid core, awesome wear layer, correct end joint ( i.e. not a drop and lock ) , and it has a none shiny finish with just the right amount of texture. I have even done it for family. If it's in your price range it's worth it.

• Rosalinda Houchin
    last year

If you have this flooring. how has it held up? scratches dents?

• dama92
    last year

Wow this has helped me so much. I just bought a home and have pets and am looking for something beautiful and sturdy! Have been looking at this one. Thank you so much to everyone above who gave advance and sent pictures! Also glad to know I won’t be the only one when I obsess over the patterning… 😅 Everyone has told me that I’m overthinking this. But I think it’s worth it.

• pjdesigner
    last year

We love this flooring. No scratches, easy to clean, and still looks brand new. So happy with our choice.

• Evelyn Wilkerson
    9 months ago

@ashleyb345 Did you go with Johnson skyview in celestial? How have you liked it? would you care to share any pics? thsnk you!

Sponsored