webuser_989329388

Tone down yellow maple and update from Tuscan era

Dorothy Gommel
3 years ago

I have the dreaded Tuscan colors of the 2000’s. As time goes for most of us building families over the years, style wasn’t of the upmost importance on the list. (Getting the bills paid was #1 😂) . We have just become empty nesters and taking time to bring things into this century! Open living area with Maple cabinets which have yellowed over time and goal is to tone down that harshness. Hardwood floors with yellow/browns/walnut color. New leather couch in dark walnut with same on entertainment center. I feel like I have so many wood tones to coordinate with and make it look cohesive it’s become mind boggling with trying to pick a paint color. I see all these pics floating out there and yet still I can’t settle on a paint for the entire space that is harmonious and makes you not regret your decision. I want to stay in the mid soft and airy but not “white”! I have vaulted ceilings and home sits north (back) south (front) with white trimwork. Throughout the day we have to keep the drapes more closed in the north due to the position of the glare on the television, creating more shadows than normal in this area. (Any wall we put it on gives the same effect unfortunately). Painting the cabinets is not an option. I love the neutral WARM tans where you are less likely to find the harsh gold tones and realize that a more yellow/green tones can emerge (less green is preferable). I have been looking at SW Maison Blanche(lrv 66), SW Canvas Tan (lrv 64), BM White Sand (lrv 68). I think these are all so close I can’t seem to differentiate between them! I have attached a couple photos. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)

Sponsored