webuser_474629887

First Time Homeowner - where to start when you need to decorate it all

LKB
3 years ago

I posted a few months ago about my Aunt's Kitchen reno - and decided that when I start back up with decorating / furnishing - I would consult you guys way before I had worker's scheduled to show up.

So, I am asking where to start?

My husband and I bought our first home 3 years ago. We have had an extremely crazy 3 years. Our house functions enough (for instance, we are using my bedroom furniture from high school), but after adding our first baby to the mix, I really want to make it a home, and have a home that more represents my current taste- and realistically- I don't like change, I like to curate things, then keep them for a very long time. I like to find the most optimum room layout and leave it alone. So I am looking to avoid trendy.

We have every intention to stay in the home long term 15-20 years - my parents even bought a house around the corner to be close to our daughter. We are in our mid 30s, established in our careers, and spent a long time researching places to live. We like to think we skipped our starter home (well technically, we lived in an RV for 16 months to save for our down payment), and unless I have sextuplets(even then- we maybe could make it work), we won't grow out of this home. But I know plans change.

The home is only 8 years old - and there isn't anything major like walls moving, or remodeling old bathrooms. But it is definitely tract home, okay materials but nothing fancy.

Nothing is offensive - kilim beige walls (except 1 grey room from previous owners) and my daughters pink room you all helped out with several months ago.

Medium tone hardwoods in living / dining and a neutral tan tile in all bathrooms.

Cabinets are all raised panel with square panel. Early American looking stain.

The granite in the kitchen is something like Santa Cecilia Classic (I'm pretty sure this is the exact type). Tile backsplash is same as floor set on 45 degree.

Fixtures are all builder basic, brushed nickel.

Doors are all raised panel with the beadboard looking inset.

Hardware is all brushed nickel.

Carpet is in as good of condition, 8 year old builder grade brown carpet can be.

I do know, that I want the master bedroom to be the next room we tackle - but how do I keep it from snowballing?

The carpet is crappy - so we are debating replacing it, but if we do that, it makes sense to do the other rooms in the house (I like all carpet to be the same) but from other life experiences, I know if you want them to be the same- get it all at once or it will be discontinued, not in stock/ etc.

If we change the carpeting, do we switch from brown undertones/ to grey - which means most likely painting the entire interior?

If we change the light fixtures in the master, do I change them in all the other bathrooms? I am not a designer. I like overall, simple, less is more - and to me - just having all the bathrooms look the same makes sense to me. Less visual clutter. Same colored towels, etc.

So my questions:

1. How do I keep things cohesive with out snowballing into knocking down my entire house and starting over - which is absolutely not an option?

2. How do I even begin to start designing when it feels overwhelming? Especially when it comes to - how tall our nightstands should be with the right height of lamps to match the headboard and ceiling height in our room to make things feel balance?

3. What is the best way to post to get help? Room photos/ house photos, inspiration, dimensions? Wants/needs/ budget?

4. How do I keep decor in line with the style of my home- like I can't really do super contemporary with simple round knobs, and wrought iron looking finials on my wooden staircase. I lean to transitional when I look for inspiration.

There was a great post for "where to start for kitchen design" and I'm wondering if there is something like that for the rest of the house? Should I use that for a template?

Thank you for any guidance!

Comments (141)

• LKB
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes- we are doing the same closet systems for pantry and other closets.

Here is my daughters closet. Still a few tweaks and working out the shelf heights.

The skinny drawers on the bottom is to lay out each days of clothes, shirt, pants, diaper (eventually undies) and socks.

Definitely a closet for her to grow into as she’s only just over a year old.

• LKB
    Original Author
    3 years ago

For the bedroom, we upgraded our fan.

I know they aren’t the most aesthetically pleasing, but we absolutely need one. And to be honest I don’t even notice them anymore (we have one if every room but the kitchen).

My husband, after seeing my parents fans, decided that instead of 2 stand fans, and our old ceiling fan, we would just upgrade.

Here is the old and new.

• Related Discussions

need help for newl home from scracth

Q

Comments (7)
    If you can access your home, take some colour samples in shades you like with you and check the light and aspect of each room, that can change colours, some rooms may be a little dull and need bright or cheering colours others may be hot and need cooling colours. It is very important you consider this before you start. Then choose ideas and colours you like and that suit your room, and then go shopping to see what is on the market and available. It is no use getting your mind set on a colour for example and then finding you can't get a fabric in that shade. Flooring will most likely be common to all rooms so you have to ensure the flooring you choose will work with all your planned colour schemes in each room. Check out all your options and things will then start to come together for you. When shopping pick up as many swatches and samples as you can, even take photos of ideas if you are able, it will all help. Most important thing is to take it slowly. Don't try to have it all done at once. Aim to choose your floor coverings, then have all your rooms painted, and floor coverings laid before you move in. Furniture and furnishings can be added at any time afterwards.
    ...See More

Need help with colors and lighting

Q

Comments (7)
    Starting with the bedroom suites...have your bedding selected. Choose a color that coordinates. You can accent the headboard walls with a darker color and carry that darker color into bathroom on the walls, or continue bedroom color and carry the accent color into your towels and shower curtain. I would paint kitchen and 2 dining room walls the same color, selecting a darker color for the drama in the dining room and contrast with your kitchen cupboards (such as your green color). The other walls in your living room, foyer and hallway, should be your neutral color such as a camel or warm gray. This neutral is bumping up against all of your other room colors. So, it will make a good transition from room to room. On the bold side, you could find a great wallpaper for the two walls in the dining room. Don't forget to play up your foyer with furniture for that first look impact. Selecting your bedding first, allows you to tweak your paint color and hue, and the darkness of your color. Enjoy.
    ...See More

Need help for my first home 400 or 430 sq ft .New home small 400 sq .ft

Q

Comments (19)
    How do I make a small space look bigger ?? mirrors to add is one option ? can you suggest more options pls How can we make a small space look bigger ? 1. same colour pastel colors 2. some addition of reflection or mirrors 3.Having small frames on wall or minium on wall. 4.Having oine wall painted / with wallpaper draker than others what are other option pls suggest for my place ?
    ...See More

Decor ideas for this wooden space above sofa

Q

Comments (33)
    actually i cant move the dining table close to the kitchen as tahst the main entrance to our house.if i put dining table in that area,the entry would look congested.the rooms adjoining it are gallery which leads to mastre bedroom and another bedroom.
    ...See More
  • Design Girl
    3 years ago

Good job - although they aren't the greatest looking things, some people can't live without them. This is a nice one.

• KW PNW Z8
    3 years ago

LKB, l like the white blades. Who gets the job on the high ladder to replace the old one? 🙃 Ceiling fans are a necessity in a TX summer & do present a $ savings on AC use. We have 3 in our home, MBR, Great room, & upstairs bonus. Hardly use our AC & we do have 100+ summer days - southern WA is hotter & drier than Puget Sound area as you may know. Unlike TX, we do cool down at night in PNW!

• LKB
    Original Author
    3 years ago

We are in a winter cold spell here and my husband and I have actually had the fan on the last three nights in a row so we are definitely people who need moving air.

Thankfully the ceilings are 13 feet and my dad lives around the corner so he’s going to help me install it on my husbands working and my mom watches the baby.

My husband and I installed ceiling fan as our first project together in our first duplex with 8 foot ceilings... I’m sure this one will be very different working on the ladder.

My dad actually has half a dozen of these fans and has installed them all so besides him being afraid of heights I think it’ll go quite well.

I think that’s one thing I miss from pacific northwest is that it does cool down at least hear it could be 95° out at night with no sun.

We plan to live here for about 18 to 20 years and then will be relocating somewhere else and all I’m asking for is that we have a view of some thing whether that’s mountains or lake I need a view.

Price of the night since it’s gone back up but I assume that’s because you’re gonna be coming back in stock and I still reach out to North Carolina when I get closer to buying them.

• LKB
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Wellllllll I got an email saying the fans are on back order until June.

I get that happens, but considering I called and talked to the company and asked questions, I figured we were good to go- even specifically asked the guy ETA. 7-10 business days.

Such is life.

My husband is pushing to get the ball rolling on the rest of the furniture. He really likes the entire palisade collection from hooker- but is concerned about the fabric on a headboard (even on the pottery barn one) . When we swapped out our mattress we noticed some oil on the wall above his head. And mine was slightly noticeable.

I do like the palisade bed, especially the “foot board.” But if we put a bench in front of covers that up.

He’s started a book club with his parents and sister and now read much more in bed than when we started. Not sure if how to prevent the oils transfer.

I don’t mind a matching bedroom- and have read every “should I match my bedroom furniture” article I can find.

Not only do I like the look of the palisade dresser, I like the function- cedar lined and velvet lined + metal full pull out slides and a nice little jewelry drawer we can put my husbands wallet and our wedding rings.

Paralysis by analysis... and delays with covid. Gotta love it.

It’s currently 10 degrees here. 6” of snow and sunny And i guess the good thing is it’s reflecting so much light into the house I am really enjoy my Kilim wall color :)

• Design Girl
    3 years ago

FWIW, I actually don't like the palisade bed - I was the one who found the nightstand, but the bed is kind of dated. Those wingbacks, etc. I would do the Pottery Barn or the Maiden Home (MH is my favorite because I know their quality). Those are more updated and will give you a straighter back (no tufting). If you're worried about oil transfer, the simple straight back is easier to clean. As I said, performance fabric is a must on these. I also read in bed, but am leaning up against a pillow so my head is not usually on the headboard. The performance fabrics clean up easily if stained. Maybe it's good COVID is delaying things as it gives us more time to research and figure out what we really want.

• LKB
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I do appreciate you comments on the palisade bed!

I do like it- but I don’t really feel like it’s “me”. And I feel my style would need to be more dramatic.

I checked out the MH bed again. I like it more this time then a few months back. It’s simple, but I do find myself wanting just a hint of detail. I’m wondering if a slight camel and welt would do that.

I don’t presume I’ll be making my bed with 14 pillows to spruce it up. ... and in looking at how to to display pillows, I’m wondering if art above the bed is easier on a straight not camel. — of I even want art above the bed?

All I know I am certain is I want the palisade night stands (sample came in- still need to pick up and check color). The MH bed feels pricey (I’m sure it’s worth it)... and I’m guessing the sam more is just as pricey.

Better to take longer to figure this out then rush and hate it- but it is something I’ll be glad when it’s “done”.

I’ll spend 6 weeks planning and researching a birthday cake design... then hours baking decorating and cleaning my kitchen. And enjoy almost all of it!

Interior design is not my forte. I just want it to be nice and done.

• Design Girl
    3 years ago

I know nothing about the quality of the Sam Moore beds. If I were to get one, I like the Wren or the Martin. The Willow, pictured above looks like it has contrast piping. If that's the case, that went out in the 90's. Keeping large furniture pieces neutral and simple in any room allows for great flexibility over time.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Night stands still aren’t in stock anywhere.

The ceiling fans We bought for part of the house we discontinued and I snatched up the last five of them last minute. That was several thousand I wasn’t planning to spend immediately.

Does anybody know how to track down a manufacturer of a product is in Costco?

I kind of like both these beds with the wood trim but I don’t want to buy a whole set and one of them is only shown as queen size.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Oh, I actually like the night stands on second photo as well- though not as classic as the palisades.

We also bought this product that keeps our bed cool at night and each side has like a little machine that now I’m wondering if I should get a nightstand where I could put that underneath it we’re on a shelf even though I really didn’t wanna shelf / pass through.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

This is what the machine looks like.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@Design Girl

Welllllll - the entire set was just listed on Facebook marketplace.

Bed, bachelors chest, tall dresser, wide dresser, end table like you picked out and then the other table with the shelf instead of one of the drawers....

$3k which I know is a good deal overall.

I’ve asked if they split.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Night stands are STILL. Out of stock.

In the mean time, we had to purchase a new mattress.

We bought the bed base from sleep number as it held on the cords.

I’ve tried finding other night stands in stock- but everything I like isn’t in stock.

Just wanted to provide an update.

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting rid of the dresser completely. We have a large walk in closet, and with some work in there, we could open up the room more.

• Design Girl
    2 years ago

Still out of stock - WOW - I ordered the Maiden Home Bed for my son as a housewarming present. I ordered it in October and he got it in December (earlier than scheduled). They also ordered a dresser from William Sonoma home and that came quickly as well. These supply chain problems are awful. I'm in the middle of a large renovation and ordered my new appliances in June. They are still not here. Neither are the faucets. Thank goodness the contractor did not rip out my kitchen and will not until the appliances arrive. So sorry you're having so much trouble. Look at it this way, if you love the pieces and will have them for a long time, it's worth the wait.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We had to replace our dishwasher… my intent was to buy the fanciest bosch… it was a 6 month lead.. without even confirming we would get it after 6 months.

I settled on a 3 rack Kitchen Aid that I’m really happy with. I do get some wet dishes- mostly utensils, which is weird.. actually thinking about it I wonder if the middle rack drips on it. I should try to unload the bottom rack first.

Anyway, I’ll never know what I’m missing with the Bosch, but after hanging around Houzz for so long I was really set on it.

I’m glad your reno didn’t pull out your kitchen too! I can’t imagine!

The bed you bought for your son is beautiful:)

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

@LKB I got a 3 rack Kitchen Aid last year - really like the flexibility of moving middle rack higher or lower & the adjustments available in each rack. I stash a lot of things in top rack. What I didn’t realize is how low the bottom rack would be - thankfully I’m not tall & don’t have knee or back problems. And, to your note on drips - even with using heat to dry that happens with water stuck in dish crevices. I do unload from bottom too!

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

@KW I’m really liking the flexibility the three racks offer. Though my main cups are about .25” too big for the top rack, I still find plenty of other stuff to put up there.

We use the 24oz tervis and usually hand wash every other day. So we only use smaller stuff for non water and guests.

Unloading the bottom first has definitely helped!

This morning no water on my silverware!

I’m tall-ish- 5’8” and absolutely intend to do an elevated dishwasher in my next home. It’s not hard, but it’s not ergonomical.

I’m adding it to my super long list for when I can build my dream home!

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

26 H 25.5w 18d

I found these locally. $200

I typically don’t see nightstands I like, but I like these.

Definitely not the hooker ones, but wondering if they could work.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Those nightstands are very pretty. I like the inlay look detail & their shape. Without brand name can’t judge quality but honestly for that price - worth taking a look! They are lighter color than the Palisades you were waiting for but see, like they’d go well with the bed style you want.

• Design Girl
    2 years ago

What does your bed look like and what is the height of your mattress? What is the height of your ceiling? 26 inches is pretty low depending on your answers to the questions above. The older items can look cool, but sometimes aren't functional. Think low vanities and low toilets that we used to have years ago.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I don’t have a headboard yet.

My bed is 28” tall (we have a sleep number and the base that comes with it).

Ceilings are 10 ft vaulted to 14’

I got out of bed to get a tape measure.. came back in and my husband goes “how much is this gonna cost”🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Also to note, they are 45 minute drive away.. one way.

• Design Girl
    2 years ago

With 10 ft ceilings I would opt for a taller nightstand.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’ve also been liking the idea of mirror behind the night stands. Would that change your opinion?

The palisade is 30”.

Would 28” be acceptable or should I really look for 30-32” if find something thrifted?

• Design Girl
    2 years ago

It wouldn't change my opinion, and I think the 30 inch would be best. With the tall ceilings in the room, the mirrors will bring even more height and proportion. When you settle on a bed, I'd look for something with enough height as well. I feel your pain. I've been waiting on appliances for my kitchen remodel since May. They are still not here.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

If it’s not meant to be it’s not meant to be. I know how scale is really important in design- I just have no clue what that looks like.

The same seller had these wild mirrors (the sold) and I’d have painted them I think.

My husband wants to pay off our truck by June- so on one hand I’m not really wanting my stuff to come in— but I also don’t want to miss a good deal!

Really appreciate your guidance!

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We are going on a trip about 300 miles- so I thought
    I’d just look around marketplace in than area.

These definitely don’t have the same feeling with the spindle type legs, but the would be functional in that we have a machine that needs to go somewhere and the bottom shelf may work.

$200

Nightstand
    30” H
    28” W
    18 “ D

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

@LKB These nigjtstands are pretty too & also a great price. I womdered about needing a shelf as I scrolled back through posts & pics— these would be perfect with extra height & the lower shelf!

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The shelf wasn’t an original want… but times change, and I really hate seeing the machine on the floor.

I’d really like to get new flooring (extend oak from living room) which I’ll then need a large rug) and complete new window treatments- possibly smart with black out.

So while I absolutely think the palisades are beautiful and perfect- if I can save over $1k on buying these used ones , I’ll just keep an eye out for them at thrift / garage/ marketplace and have them be my white whales.

• Jennifer Hogan
    2 years ago

How often do you touch the machine? Do you need to change settings often? If not I would put them under the bed where they are hidden from sight.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Jennifer that would be ideal, unfortunately the bed is slightly too low for them to fit.

We don’t have to touch them often because their control bar apps on our phone but we do have to refill them with water few times a month

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

These are the extra pictures they sent.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

@LKB They really are nice & appear to be in great shape so ”gently used” . Looks like a brand name inside back of top drawer - did they provide that info?

• Design Girl
    2 years ago

I know that you want to keep whatever you buy for a long time. If your room is large, the scale of the palisades is better at 33 inches wide. If you need nightstands now and have another room where these can go after then they are not a bad choice, but I do feel the palisades are a better option. Have you called Hooker furniture to find out what the delay is? Have you called places in North Carolina to see if they have any floor samples? I realize there is a supply chain problem, but it seems awfully long and wonder what Hooker has said about the extreme delay.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’ve been dealing with my local dealer (James Avery) in Dallas. I have not immediately contacted hooker, as I was taking the salespersons information they were giving me. I found them through the hooker website.

The white tag is for the UL info on the plug. Not name brand.

I don’t know about “large”… here is the floor plan. It’s bigger than anything I’ve ever had, and seems plenty spacious.

I also have to work around my dogs 44” round bed, which typically lives between the bed and the bathroom door in the SW corner of the room.

My project book has more photos of existing furnishings.

Worst case scenario I can probably sell them for the same price I paid for these.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The dark grey square is a 600 lb safe that doesn’t fit anywhere else in the house. It’s not easily moved and I have no intention of moving it until we get new floors.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

@LKB - I do see the plug in outlet inside that top drawer now that you explained what it is. Handy feature for many things needing to be plugged in.

ETA - I agree that you will either be able to recoup cost by selling these later or, you will find another bedroom to use these night stands in should you finally capture your ”white whales” Palisades pieces.😉

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I do like that option. We both have one of these stands, and it reduces clutter greatly.

Eventually I’d like to not even have that on the night stand.

Plan to pull out the top drawer each night and plug in the baby monitor in there.

Husband uses an iPad to read so that is always wandering the room.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I’ve put a deposit down- pick up Wednesday.

I think they are too big for our other rooms- unless we only use one.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

@LKB Great! Please post how they work out. As far as future uses in other rooms, you’re creative so if you like them, you’ll likely find ways to repupose beyond being a bed side stand!

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Inclement weather in Dallas.. couldn’t fit both in the truck bed with the cover so we rearranged and fit it in the cab.

Very pleased with condition. And I like them more in person.

Husband told me to list my old bedroom furniture when we get home.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

So nice that your finds are a success! Subtract the car seat & add a small dog travel crate and that could be my truck! The look of your back seat is very familiar — we’ve made many trips home with great finds we just had to have!!

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We love our truck! Nice to know there is a kindred spirit.

It’s not an amazing transformation but I do see how the bigger scale makes a big impact.

The leather chair is just in there for now- it was a curbside find and very comfortable. It won’t stay.

I listed my old furniture on marketplace place and sold it in about 30 minutes! Now just have to wait until the roads clear- hopefully it will be gone this weekend.

I’m going to keep my eyes out for lamps at thrift stores. The ones on our nightstands are 31”- does that seem about the correct size?

Headboard is marked at 60”.

Still toying with the mirror behind nightstand idea. Would wainscoting for an accent wall behind the bed be too trendy/dated?

• Design Girl
    2 years ago

IMO, the lamps are too tall. I'd go for something maybe 27 inches tall and fatter. Gourd lamps would add a nice transitional touch, and you can get plenty of pairs that are reasonably priced. I just got these for my daughters bedroom on Amazon - The pair for $114 and they look great. https://www.amazon.com/Safavieh-Lighting-Collection-Franny-27-75-inch/dp/B074H7JDCS/ref=dp_fod_2?pd_rd_i=B074H7JDCS&psc=1 - You might find something there that you like. Wainscoting is classic not trendy, but only goes up to a certain point on your wall. It's not usually found in a bedroom. Maybe you mean a feature wall. I feel those are trendy. I'd just get the headboard in and perhaps add some art above.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

@LKB The night stands look terrific & yes, their larger size definitely has a positive impact. They match the scale of bed. For lamp size, I’ve seen guidelines but can’t say just what they are - probably can Google. It’s easy to see when a lamp doesn’t work though. Personally, my guide for height is where light hits when I’m sitting in bed reading & I don’t want tops higher than headboard. Style wise - just want to blend with overall theme. My thoughts on current lamps is they’re too tall, too skinny & too modern. But, they are interesting looking lamps! Don’t think wainscoting is too trendy or dated at all. I wonder though how much of an accent it would be if it was not high enough to be seen over top of a 60” headboard & then if it was over 60”, is it too high? If wainscotting was on all walls it seems worth the effort but then it’s no longer an accent. I’d be more inclined to have it in an entry or entry & adjoing spaces. BTW, I do like your chair find - it looks very comfy so maybe it can stay in a corner spot in room? Very cool that your existing pieces sold so fast - bet your husband is pleased! I just have to ask - what is that seat or??? attached to end of bed? I'm trying to make a cat bed out of it but wondering where dog & its bed went?

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The lights and foot locker in the original photo are curb side finds.

My mom and I drive around on trash day and find good stuff. We tighten screws, clean em up and We keep what we want, sell some higher ticket items and donate the rest to a woman’s shelter and thrift store.

So I don’t need to keep these lamps.. they were just free :)

My husband suggested sconces? So I may look into that option with a movable arm? We both want to read more but we currently don’t much.

So the thing on the end of the bed is an attachment to turn your bed into a massage table. You can lay face down which is really nice. We leave it on because we have been giving massages to each other about every night.

Sometimes I just lay like that to decompress without having to turn my head.

Dog bed is at the foot of our bed against the dressers… but that bed was taken to my parents for the trip. So last 2 days I’ve been dragging his living room bed into the bed room and back out.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Also… wainscoting I was thinking like this.. I’ve seen it called board and batten as well but don’t know.

Basically it would go floor to crown mounding on that back wall.

Color TBD. I love the neutrals but it’s impossible to find non whitewashed designs… this one overall I like. White / cream is just not practical for me.

Lots to decide on.

• KW PNW Z8
    2 years ago

Oh I get the massage thing now! Thanks for satisfying my nosey curiosity! Yes, the inspo pic you have is gorgeous & definitely an accent wall. So dramatic with that color too. I think yes, that style is board & batten. My understanding is wainscotting doesn’t go up full height of wall - usually 4‘ - 5’ depending on wall,height & sometimes covers 1/3 of wall. So, that would look great in your space & I think can be a moderately easy DIY project if Youtube to be believed! Sconces are a great option & have the advantage of clearing space on night stand.

• LKB
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know, I am migrating the master bedroom thread over here: New Bedroom Thread

We have decided to put hardwoods in the bedroom and master closet - a big cost - so I am on a mission to thrift/diy/marketplace the rest of the room.

I really appreciate the guidance and will update as I put other rooms up for help.

I have been doing small-ish projects - hung some photo frames (need to put pictures in) and have started the SLOW process of redoing all the caulking in my house... what a mess.

Sponsored