credojdf

vicostone olympus white

credojdf
4 years ago

I’m considering using Vicostone Olympus white for my countertops in my kitchen Reno and would love to see some pics of this in kitchens...especially with lighter/white cabinets? Has anyone used this??

Comments (17)

• lynnpattonvaughan
    4 years ago

I am considering using Vicostone Olympus White quartz as well. The only thing that is giving me pause is that it has a honed finish. I have been reading that some people are really not happy with their honed finish and some people love theirs, so I think the issues might vary colour to colour and brand to brand. If anyone could who has used this particular quartz could comment on whether they are happy with it or not, it would be appreciated.

• credojdf
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Mine is supposed to be installed in 2 weeks-probably more like 2 months unfortunately now but I’ll update when in.

• PRO
    Vicostone USA
    4 years ago

Hi @credojdf! Here’s Olympus White on white cabinets. We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions or need any additional images.

• PRO
    Vicostone USA
    4 years ago

Hi @lynnpattonvaughan!

Our Vicostone honed finishes can be cleaned using the same methods and products as Vicostone polished finishes. Because of the additional surface area on a honed surface, it picks up dirt and oils more easily than polished surfaces. You might have to clean your honed countertop more frequently and more vigorously for some messes than you would a polished finish, but the level of stain resistance, microbial resistance and nonporousity is the same.

We recommend getting a sample of Olympus White and testing its performance against fingerprints and stains. You can order samples on our website: https://us.vicostone.com/en/quartz-stone/BQ8870

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you for considering Vicostone for your home!

• credojdf
    Original Author
    4 years ago

So far looking good!

• credojdf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Finished and looks amazing!!

• Allison Rogers
    3 years ago

So pretty. I love the honed look.

• Kaitie McGowan
    3 years ago

I did a blueberry stain test on my sample of Olympus White today and it came off no problem. I left a few frozen blueberries on the sample for 10 minutes, even smushed them a bit. The first wipe with a wet cloth took most of the stain off, and another quick wipe with a soapy cloth and it completely came out. My fingers, on the other hand, are still stained!

• User
    3 years ago

Your finished kitchen looks amazing! Can I ask what white and gray paints you chose for the cabinets and walls? Thanks!

• lynnpattonvaughan
    3 years ago

I had the honed Vicostone Olympus White installed in my cottage, and I love it.

• tubbyjane
    3 years ago

What color paint complements Olympus white quartz? I have white cabinets and would like a light wall paint color. The paints in the pictures above all look gorgeous!

• credojdf
    Original Author
    3 years ago

We used bm classic gray for our walls.

• tubbyjane
    3 years ago

Thanks so much!

• Heather Kaufman
    last year
    last modified: last year

Hello! What do you guys use to clean the honed vicostone olympus white(besides soap and water) please? THe care guide says Soft Scrub which I cannot find in Canada. I know it is supposed to be ph neutral but i need something with a bit more power to get some smudges off that are difficult!! I painted BM chantilly lace with the vicostone.

• Kaitie McGowan
    last year

The stone installers told us to use regular Vim, the cream kind. That usually did the trick!

• credojdf
    Original Author
    last year

I’ve used barkeepers friend to get out some tougher spots-hasn’t damaged anything yet.

Sponsored