caromaline

1 deep and narrow closet vs. 2 shallow closets

Caroline S
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I am renovating my condo, and I am facing the choice of either a deep and narrow bedroom closet that is a little more than 6' deep but only 32" wide OR two shallow closets for the bedroom and the hall.

OPTION 1

pros - larger 'walk-in' closet for the bedroom

cons - awkward space, more difficult to maximize storage

OPTION 2

pros - more accessible storage

cons - both will end up as pretty small closets (36" x 32")

I am leaning toward Option 2, because I think 2 more usable small closets may be better than 1 difficult to use "walk in" closet, particularly for a condo with limited space. However, thinking about future value - I also don't want to have future buyers come and feel that a 3' deep and 32" wide closet is too puny for that bedroom. Would love input from this community.

Comments (7)

• luscious111
    4 years ago

Is this a trick question?

Option 2

Caroline S thanked luscious111
  • umbleabode
    4 years ago

Option 2. Speaking as someone who has Option 1.

Caroline S thanked umbleabode
  • calidesign
    4 years ago

How about option 3 - move the doorway into the bedroom all the way to the left where your closet door is, and then run one long closet on the entire wall from the corner the room to that doorway, so the closet is directly across from the sliders.

Caroline S thanked calidesign
  • Caroline S
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, all! @calidesign, the rooms are already on the smaller side, so I'm hesitant to take away space.

• cat_ky
    4 years ago

Option 2. Option 1 would drive me nuts trying to get stuff that was back too far.

• damiarain
    4 years ago

Depending on the actual dimensions of the room, I would think about a modified Option 3 =)

This option reminds me of Yellow Brick Home's master bedroom (with Pax Closet!)

https://www.yellowbrickhome.com/before-after-master-bedroom/

Sponsored