lori_keel

white paint to go with Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold Countertops

LJK
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We chose Silestone Eternal Calacatta Gold for kitchen countertops in new construction home in progress w/white shaker cabinets, white 3x6 subway tile backsplash and possibly Benjamin Moore hale navy for kitchen island.

Any white paint recommendations for perimeter cabinets (island likely to be hale navy) that coordinate well with Silestone ECG? This is a fairly new material, not easy to find examples or photos.

It is an open concept home, plan is to paint interior walls white as well. Benjamin Moore white dove is popular, tried and true is important to me, just want to make sure it goes w/counters.

Ideally it would be a white that is not super stark, but not creamy or yellow either.

I'm not sure if white in the cabinets should be the same as wall paint, I'm wondering if there is a white that would work well throughout the entire house. It is a southfacing home w/lots of light and oak toned wood like tile flooring.

I included photos from silestone website, there won't be a waterfall on the island.

Comments (67)

• cici brasell
    4 years ago

what color cabinets did you end up choosing to go with the calcatta gold quartz? I am having this same dilemma

• midge0815
    4 years ago

Need cabinet paint color to best highlight my new Calacatta Gold countertop! SOS!

I've got 10 paint samples here but I don't have the eye for colors!

• Shannon Vairo
    4 years ago

We used BM Chantilly Lace with our Silestone Calacatta Gold countertop. It looks great!

• ydstanbury
    4 years ago

We are considering the same combination. We are concerned that the BM Chantilly Lace might look too white with the Silestone Calacatta Gold countertops. Could you please send a picture??

• midge0815
    4 years ago

SW Snowbound was a really great match to my Calacatta Gold countertop and backsplash. I painted my cabinets after wrestling for weeks w many other colors. It has a white base w a touch of umber and is a little brighter than the Calacatta Gold but not a stark white- (which I tried to avoid.).

• Ashley Lathrop
    4 years ago

I chose calcatta gold too with shaker and white subway tile. Need to choose a white cabinet color and dreading this decision. Can anyone with this combo please post pics!? I need all the help I can get.

• patty sonnenschein
    3 years ago

Pics would be great. I am looking at simply white , chantilly lace or white dove to go with Calacatta gold quartz

• patty sonnenschein
    3 years ago

Sooo pretty

• midge321
    3 years ago

@Ashley Lathrop, what color is your island?

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

Door gray from Benjamin Moore

• midge321
    3 years ago

@Ashley Lathrop - thank you it looks so lovely. I have the same countertops as you. I've already decided on BM Chantilly Lace - I was going to do it for everything. Now seeing your island I like the grey. What made you choose Door Gray versus doing everthing Chantilly Lace. These decisions are so hard and I keep on second guessing myself!

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

Tell me about it. I was going for a coastal farmhouse vibe. I live close to the beach. I thought doing the island in white would be too much white. I knew I wanted a gray but there are soooo many grays. This one has a hint of blue in certain lights which we liked. The problem is that everything will look good. So the final decision is mostly preference. I also told myself if I hate it, we can always paint it again later. But once it comes together, you will love anything you choose.

• midge321
    3 years ago

By any chance is it Dior Grey? Now I’m looking at Stonington Gray as well;-)

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

Yes! See my comment above 😉

• albertmaggie
    3 years ago

Ashley, your kitchen is so beautiful. What cabinet pulls and knobs did you use?

• lesleyandadamnash
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Ashley...your combination is exactly what I'm thinking of for our kitchen. Is the Chantilly Lace a warmer white? It's so hard to tell from the little samples from the paint store.

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

Sorry so late AlbertMaggie, I ordered Top Knobs.

Lesleyandadnash, I’d say it’s very neutral of a white. Not too warm not too cool, but if I had to choose, maybe its more on the cool side. Also depends on your lighting

• lesleyandadamnash
    3 years ago

Thank you!!

• patty sonnenschein
    3 years ago

I have and it’s cooler but lights matter as does time of day. I would pick counter first then cabinet paint

• Jessica Jean
    3 years ago

@Ashley Lathrop, which finish did you use for the counters and for the cabinet paint if you don't mind me asking

• Erin Gabel
    3 years ago

Ashley Lathrop - what is your backsplash tile?

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

I got the glossy finish on the counters. The matte looked too plastic-y to me. The white cabinet paint is Chantilly Lace by Benjamin Moore and my backsplash tile is Cloe in white by Bedrosians.

• Rebecca Johnson
    3 years ago

Ashley, love your kitchen! I have a few questions, what brand is your faucet? What color did you paint your island, we're considering something similar? And is that a Chloe White tile backsplash?

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

Thanks Rebecca! The faucet is Moen Moen 5923EWBL Align Motionsense... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6M85R9?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Yes to the white cloe tile and the island color is Dior Gray by Benjamin Moore

• connie falcone
    3 years ago

Oh my goodness! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Your kitchen is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing photos and info so generously!

• Kelsey
    3 years ago

Hi Ashley! Your kitchen is beautiful. I was wondering what kind of pendants you have? I’m looking for gold lanterns, but struggling to pick because some look more bronze than gold. I love yours!!

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

Hi Kelsey, thank you! I actually bought the bronze colored ones and spray painted them!! I had the same problem and they were poop brown to me lol. So I said let's try and see what happens and they turned our perfectly to match my hardware.

• Kelsey
    3 years ago

That’s a great idea! I never would have thought to try that. Thank you!!

• HU-890605249
    3 years ago

Hi there,

I am in the process of building and have selected the same quartz counter in a polished finish. The island is a cobblestone colour (Briown/grey...but more greyish). In such a dilemma regarding the white cabinetry. is Chantilly Lace too bright?

• jeri
    3 years ago

I too am trying to decide between Chantilly Lace and Super White. Have any of you considered Super White?

Ashley – your pictures with Chantilly Lace are beautiful! What temperature are your lights?

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago

@jeri, I actually have both warm and cold. My pendants are warm and the cans are cold. Technically the cans can be changed as they come with 3 different temp options.

• Juli H
    3 years ago

Ashley, do you have the link for the drawer pulls? I do not see them on the top knobs site and love them, thanks!

• Ashley Lathrop
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

They are called Channing - I'm sure you can find them elsewhere too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078SFWQJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Juli H
    3 years ago

Ashley, thanks so much!

• midge0815
    3 years ago

Jeri,

I used Super White on the trim and tall column flanking my kitchen island.

Super white looks great. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it for cabinets.

• midge0815
    3 years ago

Fresh paint to update old cabinets really brightened the space.

• leeklee
    3 years ago

Did you use super white on the cabinets? also having a dilemma with my space and this combo

• sarahgocal
    2 years ago

Anyone have any other pics? im thinking of going with alabaster on cabintes with et calacatta gold, but afraid the cabinets will look too yellow. everything else will be alabaster too

• Juli H
    2 years ago

Have you put samples of Alabaster and Et Calacatta Gold together in your light?

• rknuttila
    2 years ago

We are going with Benjamin Moore Cloud Cover

• jubru05
    2 years ago

I was looking at Sherwin Williams Pure White with ECG. Has anyone tried this combo?

• Teresa Anania
    last year

I am doing Chantilly Lace with Silestone Eternal Calacutta Gold countertops. It'll all be done in 2 weeks and I'm really worried that I chose wrong. Make me feel better please, this is killing me!

• Teresa Anania
    last year

My island will be Coventry Gray HC-169 Benjamin Moore.

• Megan Kingham
    11 months ago

Hi Ashley, Beau Beautiful kitchen! I believe your countertop is the silestone Calcutta Eternal Gold? i really like your backsplash and I’m having difficulties picking one. Do you remember who makes it or where you purchaed it?

• Ashley Lathrop
    11 months ago

Thank you! It’s called Cloe in white from Bedrosians!

• Rachel Lawrence
    10 months ago

Beautiful kitchen Ashley! I am having trouble with paint colors with my Calcutta gold silestone. Has anyone done SW pure white. I do like the Chantilly lace too.

• kathleen PERINI
    2 months ago

I have silestone et calcutta gold countertops in a beach house with pinewood. I have to use SW paint. Has anyone used snowbound or pure white? Or have another sw paint colors idea???

• Suzanne Smith
    last month

Anyone pair SW Alabaster cabinets with Silestone Calacatta Gold?

• Leah Vestal
    17 days ago

alabaster is a titch warm. Look at SW pure white.

Sponsored