carladr

Best stackable washer/dryer in master closet

carladr
6 years ago

We are putting a stackable washer/dryer in the master closet of our new construction home. The master is on the main floor. The main laundry room will be on the second story where the kids' bedrooms are but I am planning for the future when my husband and I will live predominantly on the main floor. I'd rather not have a full size w/d take up more space than necessary in the closet but would like it large enough to wash a set of king size bedding. Any recommendations?

Comments (5)

• enduring
    6 years ago

The best washer and dryer that will do king sized bedding is Miele’s Little Giant. You need to place a w/d set against a load bearing wall though, unless it’s on concrete floor.

carladr thanked enduring
  • carladr
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Just curious, why against a load bearing wall?

• MizLizzie
    6 years ago

In this instance, I might recommend our Speed Queen unitized if Miele is out of budget. While not without minor annoyances, it handles all but king comforters with ease, and is built like a tank. It has a shallow footprint at 28” so will look more sleek than most inside a closet. It will, however, be 27” wide and I think the Miele LiGi is 24”? enduring, correct me if I’m wrong.

carladr thanked MizLizzie
  • carladr
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    For a good quality machine, the budget is flexible.
  • enduring
    6 years ago

Load bearing wall because it is at the end of floor joists. When you put the front loader in the middle of a joist there is more bounce, is what I'm told, sort of like a trampoline. My Miele instructions state concrete floor or load bearing wall for placement.

Sponsored