jerryland

Is the range a downdraft? Is there an exhaust fan in the kitchen?

7 years ago
Before & After pictures of Kitchen Remodel ยท More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    7 years ago

Connie - there wasn't a downdraft in this kitchen nor an exhaust fan. It's in a high rise condo apartment. The existing condition had a recirculating hood before. Codes allowed there not to be a hood because there was a window and a sliding door in the kitchen. The homeowner opted out of the hood.

• 7 years ago

Hi Jill - so kind of you to respond! It's a gorgeous kitchen and I think you guys made exactly the right decision. So clean, so beautiful! I am finalizing plans for my tiny bungalow remodel and the range has to be in a peninsula... and Seattle code says I have to have a kitchen exhaust fan (though, heck, it could be in the wall like Grandma's kitchen!) Anyway, after angst ridden night and angst ridden night, I finally just said to myself "downdraft range". No separate pop-up downdraft (which is oh-so-pricey-and-oh-so-not-reliable) nor European in-ceiling gadget. So, I'm going the Kitchenaid downdraft dual-fuel. By the way, not having an exhaust fan over a range is remarkably common on Houzz. Makes me feel good!