ginny_eiseman

Has anyone used Virginia Hardwoods Prime Aqua shield Vinyl Plank?

Ginny Eiseman
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Ran across this flooring in our local store and it is really stunning. Very realistic looking. A little texture, low shine, doesn't look plasticy. I've looked at just about everything under the sun... Aduras, Kraus, Armstrong, Coretex, Hydrocork, Calypso , Lamett, iFloors, all the stuff and Home Depot and Lowes.
The one I like the best is the Prime, but can't find reviews for it, or photos of it installed.
Does anyone have any experience with it? We're doing 1400 square feet and I really don't want to make a mistake.

Comments (135)

• ridelkagrl
    5 years ago
    Ginny - Are you still happy with your choice of Wanke-Cascade?
  • Kelly Prince
    5 years ago

Just installed prime flooring “slightly tinted” through my entire first floor and staircase. Love it!! Anyone use a roomba? I plan on getting one to keep clean.

• Ginny Eiseman
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I use one but made sure to get the one that doesn't have bristles

• HU-413485224
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I’ve been reading the comments and doing my research on Prime Waterproof flooring. Couple things/ the flooring as someone else said is made by Carlton. The flooring has the “Floor Score” approval mark on the samples we received. I googled and called FloorScore people and she verified Carlton is one of their approved manufacturers receiving the FloorScore mark. This means it had gone thru a very rigorous testing process to verify it doesn’t give off “air pollutants” at a high level. My wife was concerned as the flooring is made in China (as are all the other major brand now) but the FloorScore gives us more confidence in terms of safety. We are looking at the Slightly Tinted color for Master bed and Bath (Vanity area only). Thanks for all the reviews and especially Ginny for driving the conversation! Skippy in Cali

• HU-413485224
    5 years ago

• donnatrus
    5 years ago
    We’re getting 1300sq ft of Tree Bark installed in our house this week! So far I LOVE it. I was so nervous and really wanted wood. But this looks awesome, feels great and sounds good! No hollow sound. Yay! I’ll update this weekend when it’s all done and post pictures!
  • sierra400
    5 years ago

Please do! I just ordered samples from Wanke Cascade:)

• donnatrus
    5 years ago
    Here’s a few pics of Prime Tree Bark installed. Installers just left so furniture not moved yet and floors need cleaning. But we love them!! Exactly what we were hoping for. They look, feel, and sound good. We got the Prime LVP Ecore underlayment 2mm (its black) and it’s on a slab. Doing the happy dance!
  • Arlene Bell
    5 years ago

I am so glad I found this board! Was nervous that I couldnt find much on the prime flooring and anything about FloorScore. I want to get the oaks slightly tinted but by the one picture Kelly posted it seemed a little darker than the sample I have. Ignore other sample Lol

is there a website?

• PRO
    Langan Home Remodeling LLC
    5 years ago
    Been meaning to get back here and post some pictures, but I've been busy at work. In the end, I love the floor. I would install it in my own house hands down. It's quite, warm and looks great.
  • PRO
    Langan Home Remodeling LLC
    5 years ago
    Couple more pics. Not directed at the floor but shows it.
  • Arlene Bell
    5 years ago

What kind of rug padding should I use? i heard rubber not good. Also what type of chair casters? I’m getting mine installed soon.

• Lily
    5 years ago

Barbara, did you end up getting Prime and used an underpayment or did you get Wanke Cascade? I am in Central Valley CA.

• daveandjean83
    5 years ago

Langan home remodeling what is the name of this prime product? It’s beautiful!

• PRO
    Denise Cudd Designs
    5 years ago

I am also looking into Prime for our condo and have narrowed it down to Oak Slightly Tinted and Oak Turtle Bay. I asked a rep from Corona Hardwoods for any installation photos and he sent me this one today of Oak Slightly Tinted. I was hoping to see the Turtle Bay as well as I’m leaning more towards that one. If anyone has installed Turtle Bay I would love to see it before I make my final decision.

Oak Slighly Tinted

Turtle Bay on left. Slightly Tinted on right. .

Turtle Bay sample up close.

Slightly Tinted sample up close.

• julie machock
    4 years ago

Has anyone installed the sugar maple that has a pic? I am about to do it for a condo in Park City that's a cabin decor with a lot of different woods and I want something to bring them all together

• Sarah Smallwood
    3 years ago

Hi denisecudd1 did you end up installing Oak Turtle Bay? I'm looking at that for my house and would love to see a picture of it installed.

• PRO
    Denise Cudd Designs
    3 years ago

Hi Sarah Smallwood, We ended up installing Hickory Stick and we really like the way it looks. Here are some photos just in case you want to consider or compare it. Good luck!

• Sarah Smallwood
    3 years ago

That looks great denisecudd1, thanks for sending pics!

• abacoaddict
    3 years ago

I too am interested in seeing the Prime Maple Sugar and Prime Oak Spice in a room. It is hard to tell what they will look like from the sample boards. The sample boards are hard to tell apart from real wood and are great looking, but I don’t feel confident purchasing until I can see them a larger area, especially the Maple Sugar, because of the definite colour variations. I would be so grateful to see photos if anyone has lay either of these colours.

• barb_hayes95
    3 years ago

I have had it now for 3 years and my floor still looks brand new. Best thing I ever did.

• deanmartinlah
    3 years ago

Anyone have pictures of Brown Derby or Dark Roast??

• HU-273128822
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Just got nature's way installed in a large room as well as on stairs. So far, it looks and feels great.

However, on stairs it is a different story. I would not recommend prime premium on stairs. We had a lot of issues with the nose pieces. Many were not very straight. I exchanged a few that were really bad, and the rest still showed a slight gap between the nose piece and the plank behind it in certain areas. Installer had to come out second time after I exchanged the real bad pieces.

Still, no matter what you do, there is a squeak, and you can see a slight gap in some areas between nose piece and the plank on each stair. The installer absolutely hated the product on stairs. He complained that it didn't glue well and didn't align well.

Very disappointed in look and feel on stairs. At one point, I will have to remove completely and do something different, so complete loss.

• N
    3 years ago

This is the Washed Maple. It looks a little lighter in real life.
    I love it so much. It really looks and feels like real wood.

Hope this helps someone with decision making.

• N
    3 years ago

That was supposed to be a video.
    Here is a clearer photo

• linda_strong56
    3 years ago

I had Prime Ocean Retreat installed throughout my house and it is the best. It is easy to clean, waterproof, soft on the feet, no slipping and a dull shine. Its worth the money.

• linda_strong56
    3 years ago

I had Prime Ocean Retreat installed in 1750 sqft of my home. It is the best flooring I have ever had. It is easy to clean, waterproof, looks like wood and has a dull shine, beautiful, soft to walk on and much more.

• Megz
    2 years ago

@N thanks so much for posting. I’m considering this flooring now! Does it have any type of bevel? How are you liking it so far?

• N
    2 years ago

@megz I love it so much. I’m not sure about a bevel. It’s flat and looks and feels like real wood.

• Megz
    2 years ago

@N thanks for the response! I ordered a sample today! Love yours so much! The description says “enhanced bevel” on one of the websites so I’m curious if you can see the line where they click together (some LVP has thick bevel others have no bevel/plant line at all). I’m thinking they’ll only send me one sample piece so I won’t be able to click together to see how they look connected. If it’s not too much trouble, I’d love a closer pic of yours! Did you install yourself or hire a pro?

• Megz
    2 years ago

*plank line

• N
    2 years ago

@megz here’s a few photos. I’m curious about the bevel as well 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Megz
    2 years ago

Oh I love it!! Thank you so much. Perfect bevel in my opinion. Not too bold nor nonexistent. This is an example of a bold bevel. I love Flooret but not a fan of the super dark bevel/plank lines.

• N
    2 years ago

@megz thanks, I didn’t know what that meant.
    I prefer less bevel.

• Amy a
    2 years ago

hi everyone. So I got this Flooring, walnut old Virginia. I’ve had it 3 years and since day one these floors are like magnets For dirt. When we got them Put in they tracked dirt like crazy. I literally hate these floors. They are flat and always look dirty no matter what I do. I am not sure what i can do. suggestions would help:

• Erin L
    2 years ago

This has been an informative thread! Thanks to everyone who contributed. Anyone have installed photos of Natures Way? I was quoted about $4.49/sq. ft. and I am in San Diego, CA. Is that in line with what the rest of you paid? I would run it throughout the entire bottom floor of our home, including kitchen and bathroom. Is it especially slippery?

• PRO
    Denise Cudd Designs
    2 years ago

I have it in both of my bathrooms and while I have rugs down outside of showers I haven’t noticed it being more slippery. We paid $2.99 sq/ft plus $300 for underlayment from Flooring America in Simi Valley in 2019 but I know prices for eveything have gone up tremendously.

• Erin L
    2 years ago

@Denise Cudd Designs Thanks for your response.

• Emily D
    2 years ago

I am also looking at Natures Way. Do you have any pictures of it installed?

• J Young
    2 years ago

Hi all. I really like the samples that I’ve seen of the Prime Premium flooring and I think I’ve narrowed down my choices to Washed Maple or Ocean Retreat.

I noticed that that there was mention having problems with the nose pieces on the stairs. What did you end up doing? I’m toying with the idea of carpeting my stair treads but leaving the risers white to match the apron and trim. Has anyone done something like that? Or do you think it’s too much going on? Thanks for yiur help!

• banne1226
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Im doing the washed maple! Thanks for the pictures @N you confirmed my choice!!

• Lisa Corujo
    2 years ago

Anyone install prime premium vinyl on their stairs? If so what was the result?

• Barbse
    2 years ago

HI I had Prime Waterproof Dark Roast installed in my kitchen and back of the house, I hate it, I cannot get this floor looking clean. It smudges and never look clean. Has anyone else had problems with this floor. I have tried Bono and Rejuvinate cleaner for LVP floors, but left them looking hazy. My floor is Matt finish. Which seems to show every foot print and sock print. Im going crazy trying to find the best cleaning for this floor. Could it be my mop? I use a microfiber mop. Does anyone else use something else? Suggestions are appriciated.

• Amy a
    2 years ago

barbs i hate my floors too i cant wait to ger rid of them but for now they havw to stay. i use Quick Shine in a green bottle.

• Maryanne Keever
    2 years ago

Has anyone installed Aged Pecan? Are you happy with it? Trying to pick out a flooring for our home remodel.

• Davidia
    2 years ago

For those of you who have installed Prime flooring from this thread, and have had it a while, how has it held up? Thinking of installing it in an upscale rental in the Bay Area which we may return to in a few years. Some here say they hate it because it tracks dirt and always looks dirty or dull. Would love to hear more opinions. Thank you.

• jonesal
    2 years ago

Likewise I’m looking at getting the Prime Premium Washed Oak it looks and feels like real wood so I’m curious about the long term details

• jonesal
    2 years ago

Whoops meant Washed Maple

• cambriamarie
    last year

Hi, I’m also curious how it’s held up for people as I’m looking to install it through out the house/stairs. Thanks so much!

• Maria M
    11 months ago

I also am looking to get the Washed Maple for kitchen, dining and living room

Sponsored