cefreeman

Soapstone Sinks!

So I saw this ad on CL.
Stonemasters in Kennet Square, PA were selling soapstone sinks for $650.
It thought to myself, "Self? Could it be?"
So yesterday I hiked my butt up 2.5 hours to Kennet Square, PA to take a look.

And yes, not only could it be, it is!

They're fabricators with very limited geographic range, but Oh, such nice materials. Their inventory is fabulous. Six different types of soapstone, let alone marbles, granites, onyx, etc. And they were really nice! Showed me all around. The sinks were gorgeous. Just plain gorgeous! You can configure them any way you'd like, too! Take a look at the page and move to the bottom. $650 for a 33" sink!

Called my Granite Grannies to talk about what I was seeing, and go figure. After not being able to fabricate a sink to go with my beautiful slab I have on hold with them, now they can! They experimented with another client and it was evidently a big success. They're going to send me pictures and I can decide if I'd like them to try. I have always known they could -- and so did the lady who helps me, Kimi. They just didn't know it themselves -- yet.

Anyway, I drove another 2.5 hours home and am awaiting my own fabricators' stuff. Since they have the slab I immediately loved, I'm sticking with them.

But I thought others within range might want to know about this nice place.
(Their website is sweet. I know we type the way we speak, so this is doubly cute.)

Comments (12)

• boops2012
    7 years ago

Love soapstone. Unfortunately, won't be splurging on that for a while. But I do have a double laundry sink that was in the basement of my DHs childhood home. Some of my BIL s carried up the stairs and put it in storage for me. Can't wait for the opportunity to install it and use it. The fact that this thing is still around after 11 children speaks to its ability to stand up to abuse.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    7 years ago

Make sure the bottom has a slope to the drain so the water evacuates completely. I have heard many complaints about that issue. You don't want to constantly mop out water.

• CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Good concern, Rachiele.
    Looks under consideration.

My concern, which my Granite Grannies is going to work on, is inside, rounded corners. Like the Blanco Cerana.

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    7 years ago

Interesting... I would like to see a photo if you can at some point.

Original Author
    7 years ago

Historically, hyperlinks are blue. On Houzz, they're green. If you click on the green hyperlink in my original post, labeled "Stonemasters" it will take you to their sink page. Move to the bottom.

The Blanco Cerana is here: Green hyperlink to Blanco Cerana

I hope that helps.

• nosoccermom
    7 years ago

I've seen the same CL ads. Do you know if they offer installation of counters, too? It sounded more like DIY --- which I sure am not ready to do.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 years ago

sherri1058:

Show your fabricator this link. The materials are different, but the stopped cove for the sink corners/bottom are identical. No reason for not having coved sink corners other than fear of failure.

Original Author
    7 years ago

I'll send that link right over to my ladies, too.
    Thank you!!
    nosoccermom, they do installations. You should see their work. To my albeit uneducated yet very, very particular eye, I think it's stunning.

• sherri1058
    7 years ago

Too late for me, but thanks for the link Joe!

• PRO
    Karen Viscito Interiors
    7 years ago

I love Stone Masters!!! They did the first Bianco Antico kitchen of mine and then my Super White one. Their work is exceptional. Hoping to use them for kitchen in new house again!

• enduring
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

But to get that rounded corner, you'd have to take thickness away from the slab all over. I wonder if the curved corner soapstone sinks are actually a sink carved from a block of soapstone. The sink I made 5 years ago is from 3cm slabs. The corners are square with a locking box joint.

ETA, as I look on your link, and the sink with the rounded corners, it does look like they took material from the thickness of the sides to blend with the rounded corners. Those sinks are sweet!

Sponsored