emmelinewe

POLL: Favourite colour in a children's room?

Emmeline Westin
8 years ago

We've just completed a fun survey where we asked Houzzers how they've decorated and renovated their bedrooms. We'll publish the results in a few months, so you can see what the quintessential British bedroom looks like!

Children's bedrooms are always a hot topic, so I thought we could discuss them here as we hardly covered them in the survey. What colour would you go for in a children's room? Does it matter if it's a bedroom for a boy or a girl and are colourful and creative rooms to be preferred over neutral? Have your say here!

Traditional Kids · More Info

Grey
Yellow
Green
Blue
Pink
White/neutral
Other - tell us below!

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Affleck Property Services
    8 years ago

We usually recommend a mixture of 2-3 colours for that 'perfect' look! :)

House Refurbishment, Kitchen Extension: Gaskarth Road, Balham · More Info

• Olena Tkach
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Lime and lavander mix on ivory background, like here

• hilly_mcgrew
    8 years ago

My childrens' bedroom is saffron robes orange. It's a Crown colour, can't recall the name on the tin. The room is east facing with a large window and high ceilings so gets the most clear and beautiful morning light, but then needs a bit of a colour boost later in the day to stave off deep shadows. My daughter chose it herself when she was 2 1/2 and she still loves it now, as does her younger brother now he shares with her.

• User
    8 years ago

Bright and colourful is the direction I took with my children's bedrooms, and they seem to love it.

• Rachael Nev
    8 years ago

I have Orange and cream room for my son. Looks fantastic, little greens pain.

Also my a yellow and blue for number 2 boy, superman colour . Strong but works well.

• eilidha7
    8 years ago
    Orange
  • User
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

My daughter has a yellow-walled bedroom and totally loves it!