sarina_gw

Bianco Antico Granite

Sarina
10 years ago

Anyone have pictures of this granite. Do you like it? Is it very porous requiring a lot of sealing. I looked at a couple of slabs at the granite yard. It seemed to have some quartz in it at least in the bright sunlight in the yard. If anyone remembers me from before I am a blue pearl lover and had my blue pearl for 8 years and never tired of it . In my new kitchen though the cabs are darker and the kitchen does not get the natural light my old one did . So hubby thinks my blue pearl might be to dark in there .So if you have Bianco Antico Granite and have any info and pictures you want to share I would really like that . Thank you :)

Comments (22)

• debrak_2008
    10 years ago

We struggled with whether to go black or white for the counters.
    Here is a link to photos after my install.

Ended up with White diamond aka bianco antico.

If you google "gardenweb bianco antico" you should find some others like beekeeperswife who had/has BA.

Here is a link that might be useful: white diamond aka bianco antico

• leela4
    10 years ago

Not to hijack, but bee-are you unhappy with your new kitchen? You sound sad . . .

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you very much I love both the kitchens with the Bianco Antico so pretty!! I hope you do love your new kitchen Bee.
    I will have the darker cabs and the color is called amaretto . They are a maple and have a reddish undertones . I think they do at least . I will try to post a picture. Going tomorrow I hope they have the Antico there tomorrow. I know another yard had it but we going to to another tomorrow and will have to go there another day. Only thing I am worried about is my floor is a porcelain with a lot of variation it in . I did a search for the granite not much came up maybe I mistyped will do it again later.

• breezygirl
    10 years ago

Sarina--the best way to search this site is by using an Internet search, not the search here on the forum. So to find all posts here on GW about Bianco Antico, type the following in your search browser:

Site:gardenweb.com Bianco Antico

You'll find many, many threads. I'll link the search results below for you so you can start your reading. Good luck! BA is a beautiful stone.

Here is a link that might be useful: Search results for BA

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you very much Breezygirl :)

• phiwwy
    10 years ago

I have it and love it - have received lots of compliments. It really sparkles and does not etch or stain.

However, it does chip, so in retrospect I would not have gone with an ogee edge on the island. I even have to be careful in the sink - can't lean pot handles against the edge, so I put a dish towel on the edge to protect it.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow stunning! Yours and Bee's granite is more of a compact pattern then one I saw at the yard. They were wavy and swirling. My taste leans toward this . Thanks for sharing this with me I know now if I get this granite what I will be on the lookout for. :) I loved the other one too but not sure it would be to my taste installed for the long haul.

• PRO
    Granite City Services
    10 years ago

Phylhl;

Your fabricator did you a disservice if he did not recommend a radiused edge on Bianco Antico. It's a "chippy" stone that needs a radiused edge. An Ogee is a very poor edge choice for that stone and the sink should have had at elast a 3/8" radiused top edge.

If he's a good fabricator you might request they come out and radius the sink cutout edge for you. Not much you can do with the Ogee on the island but at least that gets a lot less wear than the sink area.

Note: Communicating edge detail considerations before the fact is the kind of thing a good fabricator or competent designer does as a matter of course.

• phiwwy
    10 years ago

yup, could very well be. he made a few mistakes but in the bathrooms we were quite pleased. i'm over it. i'm sure he won't come back. i live in MA and the trades here live by the tail light warranty philosophy. too bad.... i've found this to be true with virtually every single trade.

• beekeeperswife
    10 years ago

leela, no, not sad. I just miss it. It was a DIY project, had so much blood sweat and tears put into it. When my husband and I relocated it was sort of sad to leave a kitchen behind that just meant so much to us and had only just been completed. Somehow I got over it by building a kitchen with a house around it. That's pretty much how we explain the construction process. Sorry to make you think I'm sad.

And now that you all mention it about the chipping, I do recall that right before we moved my hubby chipped the edge a couple of times. (pretty sure it was the house trying to prevent us from leaving) But we just glued the pieces back on with super glue gel, when it hardened, we used a razor blade to clean up the excess. Worked perfectly. The pieces were pretty small, not big hunks!

• fsteph
    10 years ago

I also have Bianco Antico polished granite on my island, it's stunning. We have an eased edge, so far no issue with chipping, I don't have a sink it in. It's a super large long island with seating. No issue with staining or etching. I call it a blessing or a curse depending on how I feel, you really can't see that it's dirty.. Double edge sword :-)

I really love the stone, it has movement, the colors are gorgeous (grays, white and brown/taupe).

Here are some pics, apologies they come from my iphone, not great.

• Sarina
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh that is so beautiful!! I love it . I have not seen anything yet that looks like any of the Bianco Antico I have seen on this post. I will have to keep looking and show them these pictures . Thanks for sharing :)

• PRO
    Flodeal Private Limited
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Is it the similar one ? River White Granite

• Dany
    9 years ago

I initially wanted Bianco Antico but we were told the batches they were getting were coming out pink so we went with Alaska White (which we love)

• Gwen
    9 years ago

Just got it, LOVE it.

• happyallison
    9 years ago

Does anyone know if Bianco Antico and Perghamino are the same? I've seen both Perghamino (large scale) and the Bianco (small scale) in person and it looks very similar. ?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

I saw some leathered Blue Pearl at Coverings in Orlando, Florida, today. It was spectacular.

• shrapr
    9 years ago

Hello Gwen, It looks gorgeous. Who makes the backsplash and the name of it, if you know please? Thanks

• cburdick2
    5 years ago

@beekeeperswife I love the backsplash shown in the picture you posted above. May you please provide be with the brand and name of the tile?

• friedajune
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

@Cburdick2 - I don't think she's been on here for a while. I remember her backsplash was featured in a couple magazines because it was so beautiful. It is not an easy installation, you will need a top-notch tile installer who really knows what they are doing. It is Mission Stone Tile White Beveled Arabesque.

• HU-696359574
    2 years ago

I'm having Bianco Antico granite countertops put into my kitchen. I thought this granite was primarily white, gray, black, and brown, yet I saw a couple random spots of blue in my granite. I've included pics below for reference, but does anyone know if it's natural for blue to pop up in Bianco Antico or is it just me?

I've tried researching online, but cannot find any pictures or sources stating that having blue is natural. Any help is appreciated in putting my mind at ease.

Sponsored