Sky High Duplex Apartment
What Houzz contributors are saying:
4. Get creative with wallsIf pictures can speak a thousand words, a wall can speak a million. A thoughtfully designed wall can pull off a major heavy-duty role in the home design department. Personal artwork, ornate frames and replicas of famous paintings are some options you could use to set out your decor. These, in turn, could also shine a spotlight on your unique preferences and passions.
3. Create your own galleryThese iron and distressed wood photo frames of all shapes and sizes are cleverly put together to create a vintage-looking accent wall. You may or may not fill them in with pictures – either way, they would look striking.Tip: A gallery is a great way to showcase your passion, be it your amateur photography skills or collection of travel memorabilia.
9. Delicate fusionThe accent wall covered in frames of vintage design is the showstopper of this bedroom by Moriq Interiors but there is another innovative aspect – the arrangement and choice of furniture. Instead of creating a seating space on the side of the room, the benches with cushion seats line up the two sides of the bed. A vintage backdrop to a modern bed – the room displays a fusion style in a rather subtle manner. Don’t miss the layered lighting created by the natural ambient light and the recessed lights focusing on the accent wall.Take a tour of this houseRead more:15 Beautiful Living Rooms on Houzz IndiaHow to get a Luxurious Bedroom That is Fuss FreeTell us:Which bedroom did you like the best and why? Share your thoughts in the Comments section below
5. Get creative with framesMoriq Interiors makes a feature wall out of old frames. Mixing and matching vintage wooden frames in different shapes and sizes make the wall so eye-catching that you even miss the fact that most are empty.
5. Here is another way to use wall space to don your passion for everything retro. This modern bedroom by Moriq Interiors utilises the wall behind the bed to underscore the vintage feel. The iron and distressed wood photo-frames of all shapes and sizes are cleverly put together to create a unique accent wall. Tip: Why leave them blank? Take a drive down the memory lane by adding pictures of family and friends.
Pair them with old (carved) wooden framesCreate a vintage memory wall with old picture frames. You can buy them in bulk without the glass at a steal from old furniture or flea markets. Paint them a single colour and set them against a contrasting wall colour for maximum impact.
Feature wallsInteriors designers, Simeen and Riyaz Qureshi of Moriq Interiors & Design Consultants repurpose old wooden frames in an assortment of shapes and sizes to create an entire accent wall. They create a smooth fusion style in this bedroom by combining the vintage frames with the more modern-styled bed and side table. See more of this fusion-styled home in Hyderabad
The rooms have been designed in the same fusion style as the rest of the lower floor. Lights and other elements, such as the bedroom bench, belong to a more traditional style, while the furniture is modern. Use of extended cushion seats on the sides of the bed is another example of the striking ways in which accessories and furniture have been used in this home.