The Ensuite bath shares the space in the retreat with the bedroom. Other than the privacy needed in the toilet room, the clients wanted an open concept for the bedroom and bathroom.
This unusual request required very careful attention to scale and proportion for all elements of this design. Each section of the space has equal ‘strength’ in terms of design character and is not overpowered by any other component.
Except for the striking selection of marble used for the 3 volumes in the bathroom, (the flush vanity, shower monolith, and the tub platform), the rest of the finishes in the bathroom harmonize with the bedroom.
- Handle free cabinets
- Flush countertop with ‘massif’ and mitered face making this element appear as a solid block of marble and comparative in scale to the tub platform
- Marble tub platform with Ovoid tub let into the volume and extended as a shower bench
- Shower monolith with mitered edges
- Door less shower enclosure
- Floating mirror with night lights
- Separate toilet room with niche for storage set into the framing