Apartment @ 11
What Houzz contributors are saying:
8. Light (and moveable)In this living room, while large sectionals make up most of the seating, there is a healthy smattering of ottomans (and floor cushions) for extra guests. Ottomans are easy to move where you need them, and double as seating or as side tables. Even the coffee tables are ottoman-like – albeit in wood – and, at a pinch, can be used for seating.
11. Firm: MoriqWith a visual like this, it would be difficult to scroll ahead. The luscious colour combinations in this living room, the hanging jhoola seats and the cityscape-printed wallpaper lend plenty of character to the space.Tip: Caught between paint and wallpaper? Remember, the life of a wallpaper is much more than that of paint. With good care, it can last for 10-15 years. Also, a wallpaper is not just restricted to paper. A chosen design can be printed on silk, suede or even leather.
44. Candy colours. Hyderabad, India
Hang a jhoola A jhoola can offer a playful edge, while also serving as aerial decor for a home. While you’d probably imagine one occupying a traditional home or courtyard, this eclectic Hyderabad living room is a reflection of how well a jhoola can take to an experimental decor scheme. The pair of pink twin wicker swings are an extension of the neon furniture on the left.
7. Choose comfortable furniture Select furniture that is convenient for each member of the family – adjustable beds for the elderly, low-height seating for children and ergonomic chairs for people working at study tables.For living rooms, pick an assortment of furniture at different heights, so that there’s something for everyone. Allow for flexible arrangements with ottomans, pouffes and movable furniture.
1. Pastel powerThe beauty of pastel is displayed in its full glory in this charming living room by Moriq Interiors. Here, multiple colours work wonderfully together. The monochromatic wallpaper creates a perfect backdrop to the riot of colours in the foreground. The white ceiling with focus lights and the pale wood floor highlight what’s in between. My favourite pieces here are the baby-pink jhoolas and the clustered box lights.Learn about different colour schemes for your living room