A residence by Brinda
What Houzz contributors are saying:
BathroomThe bathroom has very high levels of moisture and humidity. An excess of humidity may cause fogging on the bathroom mirror. Also, excess humidity needs to be controlled so as to prevent damage to wood and other building materials. An exhaust fan expels moist and humid air and improves the indoor air qualityAn exhaust fan is an effective way to remove any foul odours that might be present in the bathroom.Mould and mildew grow in a moist environment, hence exhaust fans prevent the growth of these biological pollutants.Find a bathroom design specialist amongst Houzz professionals
1. Aesthetic lighting Exposed bulbs, cold lighting and uninspiring fixtures can suck the light and lustre out of your bathroom. Swap out your existing lighting sources with luminaires that take centre stage in your bathroom. Consider a statement wall lighting display, like the one shown here to give your space a glam avatar. (Note: This can only work if your wall is not tiled and if the fixture is a safe distance away from the bathing area.)
1. What are the different kinds of bathroom cabinets?The most common bathroom cabinets are constructed below the bathroom countertop, where the bathroom cabinets are a combination of drawers and shutters.In case the bathroom has a pedestal sink, then the cabinet is installed just above the sink. This kind of cabinet comprises a front mirror and has a depth of 6–8 inches, which is just enough for storing bathroom essentials and toiletries.Bathroom cabinets are also installed in the form of standalone wall-mounted cabinets or floor cabinets.
10. Going classicA traditional floor pattern in a contemporary setup can be an interesting combo. In this eclectic Mumbai home, square tiles have been laid in a checkerboard pattern to craft a classic look in the living, dining and kitchen areas. Patchwork tiles in muted tones extend the idea of going classic underfoot in the bathroom, as well.
2. The multicoloured harlequin design on the vanity brings a touch of carnival, while the varied grey tiles balance it, ensuring the bathroom is anything but ordinary. The lighting installation on the wall, plus the shining copper-hued basin, keep the ambience bright and inviting. Check out these outstanding bathroom lighting ideas
4. Install exhaust fansIt is essential to install exhaust fans in areas like kitchens or bathrooms, so as to extract moist air. Exhaust fans are effective in controlling humidity levels and preventing condensation.Note: Switch on the exhaust fans of bathrooms during winters. Note that hot water (used a great deal in winter) produces a lot of steam, which condenses in a cold environment to form water vapour.