50 Refreshing & Rejuvenating Showers
Find fresh inspiration in these bathrooms with mosaic and large-format tiles, pebble flooring and more
Bryan Anthony 26 October 2018
Houzz Editorial Staff; writer, design enthusiast, reader, avid traveler.
With their stunning framed views, intricate tile-work and cutting-edge fixtures, these 50 showers offer plenty of design inspiration. Any of them would be a great place to start your morning. To see the photos in a slideshow format, click the first image to enlarge the photo, then use the right arrow to flip through. Which shower would you like to make a splash in the most?
1. At first glance, you might think this shower designed by studio bracket is outside, but if you look closer you will see a custom glass ceiling.
2. This walk-through shower designed by CTA Architects Engineers features a slate floor with inset wood slats that lead to a drain underneath.
3. This modern master bathroom features a floating bench, an illuminated shower niche and a spectacular slab of multicoloured onyx.
Browse through images of showers
Browse through images of showers
4. This stunning curved shower features a combination of glass and iridescent tile from Oceanside Glasstile.
7. A mix of black and white large-format tiles makes for a bold statement in this master bathroom.
8. The homeowners of this bathroom used a cedar wine barrel to create the base of their shower. The round shower curtain rod was custom made out of copper tubing.
9. Tiling all the way up to the pitched ceiling was a smart choice here, as it draws the eye all the way up to the circular window and beautiful beams.
10. This master bathroom features a grid shower door made with black anodised aluminium. The shower floor is covered in small Carrara marble tile.
12. Foursquare Builders built this shower stall with a full-length frosted glass wall. It provides privacy yet allows the homeowners to feel connected to the outdoors.
13. Three vivid stripes of pink tiles in the shower surround complement the bold pink walls in this bathroom.
14. This elegant shower, designed by Martha O’Hara Interiors, is covered in Carrara marble and has a custom mosaic pattern on one of the walls.
15. An assortment of dog bone-shaped tiles in various hues covers the floor of this shower designed by Catherine & McClure Interiors.
17. Though it’s common for many newly remodelled bathrooms to have glass shower doors, this bathroom makes a strong case for a well-tailored shower curtain.
18. Almost like an ombré pattern, the tiles on this shower surround gradually transition from white to a teal colour that complements the rest of the bathroom’s walls.
19. This sleek shower has a wall of frosted glass, a floating bench and shelf, and two shower systems with multiple faucets and jets.
20. This large shower created by the Weber Design Group, has a glass door that leads directly to an outdoor shower.
21. This shower has a wood slat floor, smooth-troweled plaster walls and an enclosure made of 3form recycled resin panels with embedded reeds.
23. Pebbles have become a popular flooring material for showers, but this bathroom turns the look up a notch with a floor-to-ceiling strip of pebbles on one of the shower walls.
24. This stunning master bathroom, designed by Zaher Architects, includes a walk-in shower that opens directly onto an outdoor cantilevered ledge.
25. This gorgeous bathroom, designed by Overmyer Architects, features a tiled arched ceiling that provides a timeless aesthetic.
26. Stephen Fletcher Architects created a classic bathroom that provides the best of of both worlds: It features a vintage claw-foot tub and a rainfall shower overhead.
27. The black penny tiles covering this shower surround are a great fit for this chic bathroom with its ebony wood floors.
29. There’s so much to love about this shower, from the back-painted glass wall to the rainfall shower head hung from a beam between two skylights.
30. The original stained glass window was maintained in this bungalow-style bathroom that also has tessellated tiles on the floor and subway tiles on the walls.
31. Open the door to this elegant bathroom and you find yourself in a wet room clad in white marble and black granite tile.
32. This remodelled bathroom has a curved walk-in shower with an array of elegant windows that drench the space in sunlight.
33. The team at Robeson Design added a beautiful focal wall using tile with a geometric pattern that adds visual depth to the shower.
34. This pass-through shower in a bathroom can be entered from two sides. The shower wall features a slab of stunning marble.
35. With its arched door and window and its stone urn sitting in a custom niche, this bathroom evokes a sense of ancient Greece.
36. The team at SunSwallow Design transformed the master bathroom in a 1970s split-level ranch into this spa-worthy space, featuring a grand walk-in shower.
37. This bathroom by Bradley E Heppner Architecture isn’t afraid to make a statement. The shower surround’s glossy black and white striped ceramic tiles steal the show.
38. The custom glass ceiling in this walk-in shower by LDa Architecture & Interiors makes you feel as if you’re showering outside.
39. This shower features a custom bench made from cedar logs repurposed from a houseboat.
40. The rich golden onyx slab covering the back wall is the star of this marble-clad shower.
43. David Johnson Architects created this vaulted ceiling covered in blue subway tile. A mosaic on the base of the built-in bench also adds visual interest.
44. Fouch Building & Remodeling built this classic shower in an attic using a black-and-white palette of subway tiles for the surround.
46. A large walk-in shower filled with mosaic tile from Granada Tile and palm trees creates a lush oasis in this bathroom.
47. With the frosted bottom half of this floor-to-ceiling window along the back shower wall, the homeowners have both privacy and serene treetop views.
48. This wet room created by Research + Design features plaster walls and limestone floors.
49. With its galvanised steel shower surround and cement floor, this shower by Lands End Development makes a rustic yet chic statement.
Kitchen Ideas A Guide to Kitchen Floor Tiles: Gloss vs Matte Finish
This mini guide can help solve the question of matte vs glossFull Story
Decorating Ideas Vastu Tips: How a Mirror Affects the Energy of a Space
According to vastu, mirrors aren't just decorative pieces. They serve an integral role in influencing the mood and lives of peopleFull Story
Decorating Ideas 10 Window Grilles That Are Decorative & Functional
Look up these ideas for refreshing alternative designs for window grille stylesFull Story
Colour Guides 10 Fresh Kitchen Colour Combos That Will Always Stay In Style
Refresh your culinary corner with these colour combinations that will never go wrongFull Story
Decorating Ideas Attached Bathrooms: 20 Amazing Ensuites That You Will Love
Take a look at these ensuite bathrooms that are functional, stylish and oh-so-droolworthyFull Story
Decorating Guides Expert Tips: How to Design a Home for a Joint Family
For breezy living in a joint-family house, follow these essential design tips and tricks suggested by Studio OsmosisFull Story
Decorating Ideas An Introduction to Terrariums: Must-Have Mini Gardens
No backyard or terrace? No worries. Here are some ideas for compact glass-enclosed mini gardens to green up your homeFull Story
Decorating Guides 9 Ways to Say NO to the AC and Reduce Electricity Costs
Cool tips to beat this year's scorching heat without air conditioningFull Story