dueck

Looking for Suggestions on Window Treatments in Kitchen/Dining Area(Style, colour, where to mount, etc.)

dueck
11 years ago
We just completed a renovation and built a small addition which contains the kitchen. The kitchen is new. The cabinets are maple with "rye" stain. I wanted as much natural light as possible and also wanted a clear view of the children playing the the back yard.

I'd love to hear suggestions on window treatments that will maximize the natural light, and not obstruct the view when they are open (eg, I want to avoid valances). If we didn't have neighbours so close, I'd not have any window coverings at all...however we're feeling a bit like we now live in a fishbowl! So we're looking to have a little bit more privacy in the evenings.

The dining area is part of the old house (one day we'll upgrade the dining area window to match in style when budget allows). And one day I dream of a custom built-in padded bench/nook in the dining area...but for now we have to just make do with the furniture we have. I also prefer to stay away from corded blinds (young children). And please excuse the clutter - we're still getting unpacked/organized!

Thanks in advance for your ideas/inspiration!

Comments (8)