ajinkya4793

Help me pick a white paint to achieve Scandinavian look. [More Inside]

Ajinkya Pokharkar
20 April 2019
last modified: 20 April 2019

I am no expert, but I'm trying to emulate the Scandinavian/minimalist look. Can some of you experts here recommend me a shade of white color from Asian Paints if not any other will do too.

The flooring is made up of beige tiles. False ceiling is pretty much minimalist will be painted white and the colors of our furniture are primarily of wooden shade with little bit of warm white and grey in between. The sofa will be light cool grey colored.

I have to choose 2 accent walls excluding kids bedroom as we're keeping it all white. The other accent walls I have in mind are -- 1. 'Grey' for master bedroom 2. 'Turquoise' for living room.

I'd love to know the shades of grey and turquoise from Asian Paints too in case we don't opt for wallpapers.

I personally prefer slightly cooler colors and we've a lot of natural light in all of our rooms.

Some of the Houzz photos that I've liked -

33 north model flat · More Info

Apartment 12 · More Info

House #29 · More Info

The shades of white from Asian Paints that I've shortlisted are -

1. Whispering Smoke (8308)

2. Morning Glory (0765)

3. Soft Whisper (9476)

4. Clear Sky Night (9483)

5. Confetti (8300)

6. Snowflake (8332)

7. Ice Age (8299)

Any help will be reaally appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    Cornerstone Design Studio India
    Hello,

It is better if you share the as is pics of the rooms.
  • PRO
    deSigneR - Architects and Interior Designers
    hi, we preferably use L155 (plain sisal) as the WHITE on our sites.

for GREY in master you can opt for - 8231 (muted grey) or 8234 (Fleecy coat) depending on how dark or light you want to go.

for TURQUOISE in living room you can choose 7501 (deep turquoise) which is more on green side or 7438 (rustic turquoise) which is on blue side depending on your choice.

hope this helps!

regards,
    Rajvi
    Interior designer
    deSigneR
  • Ajinkya Pokharkar

I'd really appreciate it if somebody tells me -

1. The closest GREY color of sofa from the first image
    2. The WHITE color from the second image
    3. The TURQUOISE color from third image may be bit brighter & saturated

Any Indian brands will do.

Thanks for the help.

• PRO
    Ravi Prakash Architect

Dear Ajinkya,

Images that you have shown are not primarily Scandinavian. I have done one interior in Ireland for my client where we have achieved the neutral, minimal and cozy Scandinavian look. I don't have the final pictures of it yet but I am more than happy with what is being done there. If you are so much into this and really desperate enough than you need to re-imagine and reconsider your priorities of what you are trying to do here. Just because you like something, you can't become a master of it in a single shot.

• Ajinkya Pokharkar

Yep, I agree it's nowhere near Scandinavian. Although I tried hard to emulate it with the resources I had and conflicts with other family members, but oh well. But I'm trying to emulate the Scandinavian theme at least in the paint job. Do you think if I somehow achieved it at least in paint job it won't look good? I really like the color scheme of Scandinavian design.

Edit: I really like the minimalism and coziness scandinavian design provies. Although, I do have to mention that I didn't mean to say that the photos that I've posted are necessarily scandinavian. I was just talking about the colors especially the white color.