armygirl1988

Driveway appeal

armygirl1987
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
I just finished pressure watching my driveway and would like some help making it a bit more appealing. I cannot afford any fancy redo so I am thinking of using a decorative concrete color stain from Lowe's . There is a solid color concrete stain and a semi-transparent concrete stain. I am also thinking of painting the garage door the same color as the trim on the house. The house is painted Toasted Coconut from Glidden and the trim is Sable Brown from Behr.
I am thinking Concrete Gray, Moonstone, Sedona, Gem Stone or Copper Mine for Concrete Stain and Bonfire or Sedona for Semi-Permanent.
http://www.glidden.com/search/results.do?q=toasted+coconut
http://www.behr.com/consumer/ColorDetailView/240F-6
http://www.valsparpaint.com/en/explore-colors/find-ideas/driveways-and-sidewalks/beauty-durability.html
HELP........

Comments (2.8 K)

• glschisler
    9 years ago
    Hi Army, LB & EB, merry Christmas & Happy New year!
  • studio10001
    9 years ago
    Hi Army, LB, EB and glschler. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!
  • Ann
    9 years ago
    Hi Army, LB, EB, Linda, and Studio. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Yes thanks and to u all.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    Hi Linda & Studio & Ann. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!!!!!
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Hey there, EB! I've wondered how you are. Gosh you've been a stranger around here. Hopefully everything is ok with you.
    Merry Christmas everyone. Take care. Have fun. Comfort and joy.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Oh Studio, there you are! Merry Christmas!
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    Auntie, Happy Merry Holidays to you !!!
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Thanks aunt bee long way to go but making small progress .glschisler, LB,Ann,Studio, Army, Merry Christmas to all.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Thank you, LB .So glad I met you this year. I hope your Christmas is full of joy.

Where is Army? Come out, come out!
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Did you guys get together?
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    EB, we met each other in Nashville with 7 others from Houzz. It was great but way toooooooooo short.
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    EB, it was fantastic and yes, waaaayyy too short. Would love to do it again.
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    WOW it must have been fun awesome .
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Guys got pics would be nice to see LB on a mechanical bull lol.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    EB, that is one thing I would not do :)) We didn't make it to a Honky Tonk :((
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Funny glad you guys had loads of fun . You all deserved it.
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Did that in Texas once nearly broke my neck . Never again .
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Got a mobility van from the VA last month boy this makes life easier.
  • glschisler
    9 years ago
    Hi Studio, Ann & Auntie! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you. EB you can see our pic on the NASHVILLE thread, Sept. 25-28, 2014. It is in Other rather than Advice section.
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Ok at the top of this thread ? How do I get there?
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    EB, here is the link to the final planning of it. Just click on this link:
    https://www.houzz.com/discussions/trip-to-meet-houzz-friends-is-planned-nashville-dsvw-vd~1014995
  • nwduck
    9 years ago
    EB, I am so happy to hear your life has been made easier! You deserve nothing but the best treatment. Happy holidays to all.
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Hey duck you too Merry Christmas . Yes have a mobility van now helps so much . A few more surgeries to go. Thanks bee for the link that was incredible , fun fun fun .
  • studio10001
    9 years ago
    Hi, Ann, auntie,nwduck and Merry Christmas to all of you as well.
    ( Good night, John boy.) :)
  • auntiebuzzybee
    9 years ago
    Hello Studio! Thanks for peeking out with sweetest wishes. Sure hope your holidays are all you are hoping for. I've missed seeing you. Glad to know you are still hanging around the Houzz.
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Hey duck remember Kerry danials way back . She planted a tree for her daughter who passed away . Her tree is not doing well , it's the only thing that reminds her of her daughter . We need all hands on deck to help her save this tree. I have not seen it yet but it might be moles or voles. I had a heck of a time with then killing lots of my plants .
  • armygirl1987
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Hi everyone. I know that it has been awhile but all is well. Life caught up with me and I had to sit for awhile and take stock with the important things in life. Hope everyone had a happy Holidays and Happy New Years.
  • PRO
    LB Interiors
    9 years ago
    Welcome Back Army!
    armygirl1987 thanked LB Interiors
  • glschisler
    9 years ago
    Welcome back Army! Glad to know you are doing ok. All is well here in Orange Beach AL
    armygirl1987 thanked glschisler
  • PRO
    Bayberry Cottage
    8 years ago

I think I should welcome you back too, Army!

• armygirl1987
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I cannot believe that it was a year ago that I did this dilemma and a lot has changed since then.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    8 years ago

Wow, good to see you again!. Great changes I hope. Anything we would like to see?

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    8 years ago

I just thought you were all caught up with your new grand baby!

• armygirl1987
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I have been working and dealing with some health issues. I am starting all over again. the grass died out from store brought weed killer so I am now removing the grass and replanting again. I have removed the grass from the right and getting ready to do the right. The plants under the window has also grown in.

• armygirl1987
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I also just finishing redoing my daughters room but glad to say my room is still the same and I am loving it as I did the first time I redid it.

• armygirl1987
    Original Author
    8 years ago

My daughter moved out in January so I am redoing the room to a guest room.

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    8 years ago

Cool can we see the new room?

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Is it your health issues? What's going on? I hope not too bad :(

• Ann
    8 years ago

Hi Army! Super nice to hear from you!

armygirl1987 thanked Ann
  • pegjustpeg
    8 years ago

Hey, Angela. Have missed you. I'm so glad you are feeling well enough to keep working in yard and redoing the room. My GranD was a bit hurt when I made her room into a guest room. Geez, she was getting married! A few crates of momentous and the rest went into the garage sale! It was fun yet a little sad when we went through everything. Now the room is filled with their baby shower gifts! She's taking her time setting up the nursery at her place, only taking what will be needed in the first few months. Wonder where it's written I'm the dumping ground, the keeper of memorabilia and organizer for her? Oh, yeah, I must have composed it. :-/

Hoping DD is enjoying her job in Atlanta. I know you miss her terribly, especially if you haven't been well. Take care of yourself, hon. Fingers crossed your jobs have melded into one. You were burning candle at both ends. Don't know how you managed that for so long.

LB & Ann, hello! Waiting to see what else is added to Ann's DD room! Love it!

armygirl1987 thanked pegjustpeg
  • armygirl1987
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hey Ann

Hey Peg. Been missing the good old days of Houzz.

Yes been missing her dearly and have a visit it to go see her for Mothers Day.

For the past few years I have had a house full of people and just like that they all move out. I have the entire house to myself and there are days when it feels good and then I sigh. My niece in college is asking me if she could come stay with me. Initially I said yes but have since changed my mind and told her I need more time to myself. I completely made over her room with the help of Margaret but have a few things that need to finish it out. As soon as I get a chance I might post the pics. lol

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    8 years ago

Hi there Peg, miss you too!

• PRO
    2M Architecture
    8 years ago

From the photo you posted, I would recommend thinking about the driveway treatment beyond simply color as it's not adding to the composition. Th concrete looks to be in good shape, so removing it would be costly. Perhaps you could consider saw cutting out selected portions to include gravel strips or planting. This would relieve the monotony of all that concrete, and provide for visual interest. Coordinate that with the planter elsewhere and you could enhance the look still further.

a close pattern with grass

another pattern with grass

using gravel

using a variety of plantings and stones

• armygirl1987
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone.

• auntiebuzzybee
    8 years ago

And to you too, Armygirl!

• PRO
    LB Interiors
    8 years ago

I've missed you girl!. Merry Merry rest of the year!

• Ann
    8 years ago

I've missed you too! Happy New Year!

• auntiebuzzybee
    8 years ago

Those pots of yours have really filled out beautifully. Good choices in your pots! ; ) Good times we had with that! LOVE THEM! What is that super bright green plant? Do you know the name?

• Ann
    8 years ago

Army, why don't you come back to Houzz? Your dilemmas were so much fun!